Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Journey Starting With Pre Op Diet

I'm sorry you get dehydrated. Is that something that is normal? Definitely check to see if you have stones. Have your husband pick up a new thermometer on the way home. I sure hope you don't have an infection. I wouldn't worry about the weight right now. Just concentrate on getting well.

Linda

. If you don't drink enough Water you will get dehydrated you have to drink 64 oz specially if you taking the Calcium vit if not you will get kidney stones that's what my doctor said cause I already had stones surgery 3 years ago

I'm about to go talk to the dietician and get my first fill. I'm so excited!!!

common spill the Beans I have been waiting two hours have passed. I want to know how it feels remember its my turn tomorrow.

I spoke with my dietician and I got ideas on what to eat: like for Breakfast yogurt with fruit or high Fiber no added sugar Cereal, for lunch omelette with feta or low fat cheese or tuna mixed with veggies, for dinner 3oz or less any lean cut meat with veggies. I still need to finish making my two week meal list, but I will try to post every day on what I eat. I found out that I have a 10cc band. The whole thing went so smooth and easy. I wasn't nervous and it didn't even hurt. I was told to lay back tuck my shirt under my bra and then he felt around for the port and had me do a little sit i then laid back and he marked a spot with a marker after I was given a shot of lidocaine to numb the area, I felt that of course but it was not painful. Then he filled the needle up with Fluid and stuck it into the spot he marked. He had trouble finding my port and kept moving the needle around while it was still stuck inside me, but I didn't feel a thing. After he hit the port he had me sit up and drink Water as he filled the port with fluid. He told me to tell him when I can feel it stuck, which I didn't real feel stuck but felt some water come back up, only a little bit and I had to keep burping, the cup water was almost gone when I told him I felt a little water come back up. Then he released a little fluid and told me to tell him when I didn't feel stuck anymore. It only took a little bit of fluid and it was weird I could feel the water drop down into my stomach. The whole process was amazing. I feel really full off of just water. I'm so excited to have my feel and look forward to losing more weight. I had 3cc put in my band and he even said I can get another fill on July 11 before I move. I feel so good and not hungry. He told me nothing, but liquids the next 2 days since I still have swelling from the surgery and that's why it was harder to get to my port. I almost didn't get my fill today, because I had a headache and had to keep running to the bathroom, because I had diarrhea. He was telling me to come back next week, because he didn't want me to get more dehydrated. I promised him I will keep sipping water if he gives me my full today and he did...Yay!!! I'm so ready to start fresh and new with this fill.

When I had diarrhea mine told me to start taking some tipe of fiber I went to GNC and got chia chews and believe it helped a lot. No more bathroom runs. Thanks for sharing it makes me relax so tomorrow I won't be scared.

My brother died in 1994' date='.. Mom in 2008. Seems like yesterday. My sister and I would probably never meet or be friends in the *real* world. We're completely different people. The only thing we have in common are our parents. Our blowout was a long time ago. I only see her now on occasions. Deaths, weddings. I love my dad to death, but after Mom died, we saw what she had protected us from all those years. I can only take him in small doses. I do love him, but its complicated. No wonder she ate her feelings.

I think it takes a very strong person to look deep inside and find there is a better way of doing things. Look past what people see or say. To do better for yourself. To do things you know are right despite what other people... close to you people... think. I was the first in my family to get help for bipolar disorder. My dad is the oldest of nine. They ALL have something in the mentally ill family. Those things didn't get talked about until I sought help. It was just a given that you'd have *something.* I will be the second to get lap band surgery.

I think we are strong because we are intelligent enough to realize that things need changing. We are strong because we look for solutions and follow through with them. We are also smart enough to know that everything we've done about our weight hasn't worked, and so we need to move to the next step. That comes from a place of strength.

Linda[/quote']

That really sucks about your brother and mom passing away. I'm definitely an eater based on my feelings and that's something I've been trying to workout. My sister is the way she is, because of her boyfriend. She follows everything he says and acts so different when he is not around. I just found out I have two half sisters in 2009. I don't know my dad since my mom left him when I was six months old, he was abusive and a drunk. I guess my cousin from my dads side found my sister on MySpace and then told her that we have two half sisters. It was a complete shocker for me, but I have always wondered if I had any half siblings out there. My sister and I meet our half sisters and its weird, because I have only kept in touch with one of them and my sister kept in touch with the other one. My sister said that she gets along better with the one sister and not the other. I feel like the half sister I talk to is more like a sister to me than my full blooded sister and I only have talked to her a handful of times. No one knows what happened to my dad. I guess my grandma tried looking for him before she died.

It does take a strong person, because the lap band is not just an easy way out like a lot of people think...aka my family....I think my sister has anxiety to, but she is just to scared to admit it.

We are strong and very intelligent to know that this is what will helps us to be what we want to be healthy!!! I will succeed and this band is helping me. It already has taken me off my diabetic medications :)

Sticky notes are awesome. I have a computer/craft room in my house. I let the grandkids help decorate. They made pictures that I have (yes) taped to the walls. Sticky notes aboud. On another wall I have a plaque that says' date=' "Welcome to Grandma's House, Children Spoiled While You Wait, and then current pictures of my babies underneath. The craft table is for them to do anything they want. They have all kids of different papers, marker, pencils, sissors, glue, sequins. lol Oh... so the sticky notes are everywhere.

Its good to know there are guidelines to follow. I'm sure there are SO many things to remember. I hope I'll be as organized as you.

Two-year olds are a trip. I can't imagine chasing one around at my age. I don't remember how I did it at your age. lol Today is the day. 30 years at 10:30. Larry has been working overtime. Not over, but under. He goes in at 2:00 am instead of 6:00. By the time he gets home, he won't want to Celebrate. I am making a special dinner. We'll have fresh steamed spinach, a small bbq'd chicken breast, and my favorite... mashed root vegetables (potatoes, turnips, parsnips, carrots). I won't ever make regular mashed potatoes again. If I do my portions right, it'll be very health,. I usually do spinach and yellow squash, but the store's selection left a lot to be desired.

Now that its warm out, I want to walk every day. Cat be damned! I'll start with small trips around the block, and then drive to the big cemetary in the next town up. It has a bit of hilly terrain. Not today, though. Its raining cats. I don't think I want a walking partner. I will just use my ipod.

I feel so bad for those people because I know that but for the grace of God, I'd be right there with them. I can't imagine what they must go through day to day. And then there are the ones who don't make it. It breaks my heart. I do need to get a scale. I think I want one with the BMI thing too. I also need to get a new blood pressure monitor. I was doing research and found that they aren't as accurate as the arm cuff ones. Been looking for that for a few days. I think my best bet is to go to Walgreens, or the local medical supply place in town.

Sorry for the length.

Linda[/quote']

That is so cool, I want a craft table for my son. I try to get creative and make different activities with my son. I worked at a daycare for a few months last year and it was fun to do arts and crafts with the kids. Unfortunately what I paid for daycare for my son and what I got paid was not worth staying. I try to do things the daycare would do with my son and he loves it. In the summer we paint outside and play with clay. I bet the grand kids love grandmas house.

The folder they had given to me before surgery has a lot of useful information in it. I forgot how much information was in there, like sample foods and menus. My dietician told me today that for the most part following the guidelines is important, but that doesn't mean that I have to give up foods I like. She said I can still have pizza, but maybe get thin crust and some veggies with meat instead of all meat and that with the fills I should only be able to eat a little so having something I like every once in a while will not hurt. It's all about making the things I like healthier and to eat less which I think this fill will help me do since I don't feel hungry anymore. I weighed 257 still when I weighed in at the doctors, but since I haven't ate all day I'm sure I will drop some weight soon. I try to be organized, it makes my life so much easier, but I still feel like I'm not organized enough. I think I'm OCD...lol.....great another thing to add to the list of issues....lol. I hope your anniversary went good. The food that you made sounds so good and healthy. I think I might have to get some recipe ideas from you. I think the lap band will work wonderfully for you since you already cook good and are going to start walking. My kids are my walking partners...lol.... We walked 4 hours one day and I was completely exhausted and so were they, but the funny thing is I was the one pushing to just keep walking and get home and they wanted to keep taking breaks...I guess this old lady, lol that's what they think I am, has more energy then them.

I remember watching that episode of my 600 pound life with that lady who had two little girls and she had gastric bypass and then suffered a heart attack and died, that was really sad. I cried and felt so bad for her kids, and all she wanted was to lose weight and be healthy again. She begged for help and the outcome was horrible. I thought about that being me and knew I needed to change. I don't want to leave my kids behind without a mother. I seen this scale yesterday at Walmart it has a bar that shows the progress you are making in weight loss, I think I might go back and get it. I have seen the cuff blood pressure monitor at Walgreens.

OMG! Where are you going that its so hot??? I wonder if you could count just sitting in the sun (like a sauna' date=' there) as exercising. I think I'd count it. hehe

Good luck on the move. I hope it doesn't put too much strain on you.

Linda[/quote']

Good all Fort Irwin, it's very hot. I think I will be burning fat off along with skin from just being outside...lol...

Thanks. I think things will calm down once we move, it's just a lot going on that we need to get done before the move.

Something else to research. Thank you for the information.

Linda

Yeah that might be a good idea to ask your surgeon when you go to your first meeting.

No fill today. My doctor said no fill for at least 2 more months that's when I'm suppose to be on solids. For right now full liquid diet.. Soy milk unsweetened , or 1% yogurt low fat no fruit on bottom , Greek yogurt higher in Protein that reg., cream of wheat , rice cereal , grits, cream Soups preferably Beans is high in protein , Iron and fiber , apple sauce , natural juices no concentrated , sugar free pudding ,sugar free ice cream , Decaf coffe , and Water water water don't forget Vitamins and my proteinex18

I spoke with my dietician and I got ideas on what to eat: like for Breakfast yogurt with fruit or high Fiber no added sugar Cereal, for lunch omelette with feta or low fat cheese or tuna mixed with veggies, for dinner 3oz or less any lean cut meat with veggies. I still need to finish making my two week meal list, but I will try to post every day on what I eat. I found out that I have a 10cc band. The whole thing went so smooth and easy. I wasn't nervous and it didn't even hurt. I was told to lay back tuck my shirt under my bra and then he felt around for the port and had me do a little sit i then laid back and he marked a spot with a marker after I was given a shot of lidocaine to numb the area, I felt that of course but it was not painful. Then he filled the needle up with Fluid and stuck it into the spot he marked. He had trouble finding my port and kept moving the needle around while it was still stuck inside me, but I didn't feel a thing. After he hit the port he had me sit up and drink Water as he filled the port with fluid. He told me to tell him when I can feel it stuck, which I didn't real feel stuck but felt some water come back up, only a little bit and I had to keep burping, the cup water was almost gone when I told him I felt a little water come back up. Then he released a little fluid and told me to tell him when I didn't feel stuck anymore. It only took a little bit of fluid and it was weird I could feel the water drop down into my stomach. The whole process was amazing. I feel really full off of just water. I'm so excited to have my feel and look forward to losing more weight. I had 3cc put in my band and he even said I can get another fill on July 11 before I move. I feel so good and not hungry. He told me nothing, but liquids the next 2 days since I still have swelling from the surgery and that's why it was harder to get to my port. I almost didn't get my fill today, because I had a headache and had to keep running to the bathroom, because I had diarrhea. He was telling me to come back next week, because he didn't want me to get more dehydrated. I promised him I will keep sipping water if he gives me my full today and he did...Yay!!! I'm so ready to start fresh and new with this fill.

Awesome! And some really good information there too. :-) I'm glad you're pumped!

Linda

That really sucks about your brother and mom passing away. I'm definitely an eater based on my feelings and that's something I've been trying to workout. My sister is the way she is, because of her boyfriend. She follows everything he says and acts so different when he is not around. I just found out I have two half sisters in 2009. I don't know my dad since my mom left him when I was six months old, he was abusive and a drunk. I guess my cousin from my dads side found my sister on MySpace and then told her that we have two half sisters. It was a complete shocker for me, but I have always wondered if I had any half siblings out there. My sister and I meet our half sisters and its weird, because I have only kept in touch with one of them and my sister kept in touch with the other one. My sister said that she gets along better with the one sister and not the other. I feel like the half sister I talk to is more like a sister to me than my full blooded sister and I only have talked to her a handful of times. No one knows what happened to my dad. I guess my grandma tried looking for him before she died.

It does take a strong person, because the lap band is not just an easy way out like a lot of people think...aka my family....I think my sister has anxiety to, but she is just to scared to admit it.

We are strong and very intelligent to know that this is what will helps us to be what we want to be healthy!!! I will succeed and this band is helping me. It already has taken me off my diabetic medications :)

Well... I don't know what to say about you finding sisters! What a shocker! I wish the one I have was closer to me.

I'm an emotional eater too. My mom was that way as well, and my sister, too. The problem with Mom being that way is that she never ever taught me the right way to eat. Always for dinner we had a meat, a starch, a vegetable, a piece of bread and butter, and a dessert. We always had to clean our plates, too. Sometimes I'd sit there for hours. Then it was nothing to eat a big bowl of ice cream or an entire bag of chips while watching TV. Do your feelings hurt? Here. Eat. Bad day at school? Here. Eat. Is it Tuesday? Here. Eat. I've been trying to educate myself on what to eat and when to eat. It isn't easy undoing 50 years of crazy.

I'm so glad to hear you don't have to take meds for your diabetes! That in itself is enough to have it done! I'm hoping that my blood pressure comes down. I don't know if it does anything for cholesterol or trigs. I'm pretty sure it doesn't cure bipolar. lol But on the other hand, I do know I'll *feel* better.

Linda

That is so cool, I want a craft table for my son. I try to get creative and make different activities with my son. I worked at a daycare for a few months last year and it was fun to do arts and crafts with the kids. Unfortunately what I paid for daycare for my son and what I got paid was not worth staying. I try to do things the daycare would do with my son and he loves it. In the summer we paint outside and play with clay. I bet the grand kids love grandmas house.

The folder they had given to me before surgery has a lot of useful information in it. I forgot how much information was in there, like sample foods and menus. My dietician told me today that for the most part following the guidelines is important, but that doesn't mean that I have to give up foods I like. She said I can still have pizza, but maybe get thin crust and some veggies with meat instead of all meat and that with the fills I should only be able to eat a little so having something I like every once in a while will not hurt. It's all about making the things I like healthier and to eat less which I think this fill will help me do since I don't feel hungry anymore. I weighed 257 still when I weighed in at the doctors, but since I haven't ate all day I'm sure I will drop some weight soon. I try to be organized, it makes my life so much easier, but I still feel like I'm not organized enough. I think I'm OCD...lol.....great another thing to add to the list of issues....lol. I hope your anniversary went good. The food that you made sounds so good and healthy. I think I might have to get some recipe ideas from you. I think the lap band will work wonderfully for you since you already cook good and are going to start walking. My kids are my walking partners...lol.... We walked 4 hours one day and I was completely exhausted and so were they, but the funny thing is I was the one pushing to just keep walking and get home and they wanted to keep taking breaks...I guess this old lady, lol that's what they think I am, has more energy then them.

I remember watching that episode of my 600 pound life with that lady who had two little girls and she had gastric bypass and then suffered a heart attack and died, that was really sad. I cried and felt so bad for her kids, and all she wanted was to lose weight and be healthy again. She begged for help and the outcome was horrible. I thought about that being me and knew I needed to change. I don't want to leave my kids behind without a mother. I seen this scale yesterday at Walmart it has a bar that shows the progress you are making in weight loss, I think I might go back and get it. I have seen the cuff blood pressure monitor at Walgreens.

My grandkids cry because they don't want to leave. lol Even the 11 year old. Tickles my innards. The craft/computer room is covered with their artwork. Its cheap wallpaper, and I don't have to paint! My daughter-in-law is a stay at home mom, and does tons of stuff with the kids. She starts them really early. They learned to write their names by using pudding on the table and using their fingers. She's full of really great ideas. On of the favorites is a sand and Water table outside. She doesn't care if they get really messy or the house gets covered in flour. I admire that. I'm a bit OCD myself, and I HAVE to have organized stuff going on.

I'm sure I'll get a folder with information when I go to that class. I'm hoping it has some of the stuff you mentioned in it. I like to be prepared to the nth degree. I've already started looking at Protein Drinks and thinking about *soft* foods I'll be able to eat. A steak in a blender sounds wonderful! I'm going to look at that scale you mentioned. It'll be nice to have that bit of technology that I don't have to think about. When I cook, I don't really use recipes. I make stuff up. Sometimes I'll dream of recipies. lol But when I make them, they turn out well. I think its great that you have walking partners. I know I have to start slow. Maybe I'll get an ipod or something. Maybe download books to listen to.

Linda

No fill today. My doctor said no fill for at least 2 more months that's when I'm suppose to be on solids. For right now full liquid diet.. Soy milk unsweetened , or 1% yogurt low fat no fruit on bottom , Greek yogurt higher in Protein that reg., cream of wheat , rice cereal , grits, cream Soups preferably Beans is high in protein , Iron and fiber , apple sauce , natural juices no concentrated , sugar free pudding ,sugar free ice cream , Decaf coffe , and Water water water don't forget Vitamins and my proteinex18

Good to know! I'm adding to my list.

Linda

Its nice to have family so close... but not TOO close. ;-) I'm in Ohio. It takes 2 hours in any direction to get out of the state. You'll have a lot of great destinations to choose from. I loved Las Vegas. Maybe too much. We missed the Grand Canyon that year. Lots of touristy things to do.

Linda

It is nice to have family close, but also nice they are not too close. It just sucks to pay the gas to go see them. I really can't wait to spend more time with my nieces. We are stoping in Las Vegas for two days before we get to Fort Irwin, it was my youngest daughters birthday request. She wants to see the lights and go on the roller coasters. I have been to Las Vegas several times so it will be different this time going with my kids, husband, and my sister, nieces, and mom are suppose to meet us there. I can't wait to take my son to Disneyland like I took my girls, first I need to lose more weight. I miss the beach a lot. I'm so excited to go home. After 4 years I hope we can go back to Washington or maybe to Hawaii. I would really like to go to Germany or Italy, but my husband doesn't want to go out of the country.

I love that about this place. You do have a lot to do shortly. I don't wonder that you fall asleep so easily. Don't sweat it. We'll be here when you're ready.

Linda

Aww thanks. I feel like I don't have enough time for anything anymore. I get 4-5 hours of sleep every night. I'm exhausted!!! Lately we have been out shopping for a second car which has taken all day and taken me away from other things I have to do. I'm not sure if buying a car here is better or waiting until we get to California. I don't want to have to drive two vehicles when we move, but I don't want to pay more for a car in California. Moving is stressful :(