Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Arkansas Banders?????

Mary u sound just like me. I'm glad cuz sometimes I feel like I am the only one especially reading these post about everyone losing so much weight and I have only lost 22lbs which is good for two months. It's hard eating whatever u want, I am having to use a lot of willpower and obviously I am not very good at or I wouldn't have had WLS! Lol

I know! I have family that had it done and they were like, your gonna loose it so fast in the beginning...

My husband thinks I should be more excited for the lbs i have lost ( I AM!! ) but Im not happy with were I am with myself yet. I know I will get there!

I mainly just eat chicken...I cant do any type of bread. And i dont even try anything that requires a lot of chewing.

Willpower isnt my friend either! It has gotten better and each moment i find it (passing McDonalds) I am so proud of myself! I have failed at every diet and i just tell myself that this is something I refuse to fail at. I just wish I could succeed faster!!!

My husband tells me I am doing great too! I think we r out own worst critics. I can still eat anything I want, even bread. I still go thru drive thurs because of my kids but if I get something I get a wrap or a kids burger no fries ) : this is definitely a process and it is getting easier and easier everyday. Do u drink sodas? I do, like one every other day. I feel like wellborn is pretty lenient on us. I have heard on here nEVEr drink carbonation but they say that's not true. Idk...but I do ok with it. Diet of course ( ;

Oh u don't use wellborn that was the other girl, sorry!

I wanted Wellborn, but Insurance wouldnt cover him.

No Sodas! It has been 3 months since my last Dr. Pepper and 2 months since carbonation!! I did try a sip of sprite just to see why everyone said no sodas and I instantly had to burp and couldnt...i couldnt imagine drinking a whole one.

I just drink tea, Water or koolaide. I havent gone sugar free and probably never will give that up. :-(

my friend that used Dr. W was told she could have some soda, but everytime she drank it, she would burp it up. She also had problems keeping stuff down. This may have been because she had her port too full and she would drink soda and beer and then try to eat. I have heard that you are not suppose to drink with meals. Also she had to stand up to eat. Has anyone else had those problems? I go in on the 24th and weigh in again. I am nervous about this weigh in because I have not kept to my diet. I think it is because I am just 1 1/2mths away from finishing my 6mth stuff and I am getting scared. My fat has been with me for many years and I have used it to hide from many things, including life. What's going to happen once that fat is gone? I want the surgery, I just want to do good on this. ;(

Hey Nancy' date=' I have added you as a friend. Are you getting excited for the 30th? I know it couldn't happen fast enough for me.[/quote']

I'm excited and scared. I'm doing my pre-op diet right now. Some days are hard but I make it through. Allot is going on so I'm not focused on my banding. I just stay focused on eating right and family is in from out of state which I don't discuss the band at all because one of my sisters is so negative about it.

I took one sip of sprite since my band and first fill and it was a weird feeling...instantly i had to burp but i couldnt right away, but once i started it took a bit to get rid of all the gas.

Support is key, Im sorry Nancy that your sister is negative about WLS. I am very open about my band. I feel guilty that my sister in law works her butt off in the gym to look the way she does, but she is also very supportive about my choices. I think that helps so much. If I want to eat, I can just call family or friends and they talk me down. Also, I made my best friend tell me she would be disappointed in me if I failed, she gets my butt to excersice and has became my therapist of sorts. She is encouraging every day! If i lived close to any of you, I would like to think I would pay it forward and be a presence in your journey!

I feel more embarrased walking around fat than i do talking about my WLS.

I get my first fill tomorrow, thank goodness, I have been struggling:(

I'm wishing I could be open about getting banded. I lay here on one of my sisters couch and think its very weird that my little sister that is very overweight is supportive of me getting the lap band but one of my older sisters is so negative that I have been a royal pain in the butt to her which isn't right. I've really been mean and rude to her. I apologies to her but I turn around and do it again. She isn't skinny, she gained weight since I seem her last. I believe in healthy and natural but I believe that if I need help I'm gonna ask for it. Why can't she be on board with me and just be HAPPY for ME!!!?

I'll be glad to go home after my nieces graduation and I'll be glad for my older sister to leave for her home, then I'll go after she leaves a few days later for my surgery. I'm still looking forward to it.

I'm glad I found lap band talk. It's my support when my husband is away.

Nancy you have to be open with this. It isn't healthy to go around hiding it. It doesn't matter what your sister thinks. She probably thinks its the easy way out and it's not. U still have to put in hard work and time. U need to come to the point of not caring who knows. Open yourself up to the world. I did because I know I WiLL NOT fail. Lap band is a tool that helps you with hunger. It doesn't stop u from eating, that has to be your will power. And shame on your sister for not supporting you, she obviously needs to read up on lap bands.dig deep in your soul and figure out what's important, hiding this from your sis or standing to her and saying is what I am doing hope u can join me journey.

Well I'm on my way to the hospital. Lots of thoughts going on in my head. Will try to post soon

Good Luck!

:D

Well I didn't have allot of gas pains. I drank chicken broth (drained from chicken noodle soup) when I got home from the hospital. It helped my throat and I don't have a sore throat. I woke up about 1:30 A.M and drank some more broth. Only soreness I have is where my port is at. I pray that each of you that get banded don't go through all the pain other banders have mentioned. My husband stopped every hour on the way home and I got out and walked 10 minutes. I made sure I did deep breaths and coughed every 10 minutes. Only bad thing after surgery was cotton mouth (dry mouth) I drank allot of Water on the drive home. Good luck to all you soon to be banders.

I live in Mtn. View and will get banded by Dr. Wellborn on June 25. My consultation is June 17, so I haven't met him yet. I'm doing his Fast Track program. Is anyone else doing that?