Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A major reason why I gained so much weight that i needed to get the lapband..

I never realized how often I confused thirst with hunger, until, these past 2 weeks!

I don't understand how I never realized this.. I used to eat a large meal and feel "hungry" an hour later.. If I would have listened to my body and not my brain maybe I wouldn't have been on the same situation I am today!

Things that make you go hmmm!

Hi Dani:

FYI, I was in the office today for a regular follow up visit and saw a notice than said no 0-12 month post op support group this month. So...no group next Wednesday I'm presuming. I'm not sure why..and didn't think to ask, I'm guessing there will be a meeting in April, but not sure. I go for another office visit on the 12th so if I remember, I'll check to see if the support group is on for April.

Hi Dani:

FYI' date=' I was in the office today for a regular follow up visit and saw a notice than said no 0-12 month post op support group this month. So...no group next Wednesday I'm presuming. I'm not sure why..and didn't think to ask, I'm guessing there will be a meeting in April, but not sure. I go for another office visit on the 12th so if I remember, I'll check to see if the support group is on for April.[/quote']

Hey yeah I saw it last friday when i went for my post op appointment. I was upset because i have been going through a lot with friends and all not understanding. I hope they don't cancel the april one! Which dr. Do u see?

Hey yeah I saw it last friday when i went for my post op appointment. I was upset because i have been going through a lot with friends and all not understanding. I hope they don't cancel the april one! Which dr. Do u see?

Hi Karen:

I used Dr. Ren. A friend of mine used her and was happy with her so I figured I'd see her as well. She's not real warm and fuzzy but she is good with any questions I have and I actually like her directness and no nonsense demeanor. I've never met Schwack or Kurrian. I met Fielding at the seminar. Sorry to hear about the friends...so far I've not had those issues, but firstly, I'm in my 50's and that makes a difference. Most of my friends are very understanding as we all are a bit beat up by life at this point...plus I have arthritis and had the surgery to help me to lose weight so my knees would be better. It has nothing to do with looking better...though that will be a nice side effect.

Great discovery about thirst and hunger. Rock on... you are on the right track!

Hi Dani:

FYI' date=' I was in the office today for a regular follow up visit and saw a notice than said no 0-12 month post op support group this month. So...no group next Wednesday I'm presuming. I'm not sure why..and didn't think to ask, I'm guessing there will be a meeting in April, but not sure. I go for another office visit on the 12th so if I remember, I'll check to see if the support group is on for April.[/quote']

Karen told me! Ugh I need to be around people that understand what's going on..

We should start our own group or something.. Wasn't this the second one they cancelled this year :/

Hi Karen:

I used Dr. Ren. A friend of mine used her and was happy with her so I figured I'd see her as well. She's not real warm and fuzzy but she is good with any questions I have and I actually like her directness and no nonsense demeanor. I've never met Schwack or Kurrian. I met Fielding at the seminar. Sorry to hear about the friends...so far I've not had those issues, but firstly, I'm in my 50's and that makes a difference. Most of my friends are very understanding as we all are a bit beat up by life at this point...plus I have arthritis and had the surgery to help me to lose weight so my knees would be better. It has nothing to do with looking better...though that will be a nice side effect.

Thanks about the friends thing. I hope your arthritis gets better. I am mainly doing it for my health. I wanna be healthy not just for me but for my son. :) Dr. Schwack is amazing! Dr. Kurian is some piece of work! :angry: She did my 1st surgery in 2007 and I just got rebanded march 1st with Dr. Schwack. I would never let Dr. Kurian touch me ever again! I never met Dr. ren or Dr. fielding. When did you have your surgery?

I was banded on January 14th so I'm pretty new to the process. Gosh, I was so nervous to do this. I worried about being sick, not being able to eat, not being able to socialize...blah blah blah. So far, things are going better than I could have hoped and I'm eating out same as before....I just eat considerably less. I went out with some friends last night as a matter of fact. I had a wonderful evening and have at least one or maybe two more meals sitting in my fridge thanks to the doggie bag. Are you here in the city or the 'burbs? I'm in the city and have a separate thread with some other city gals. I agree that we should have our own support group....I think we already do on this site...we just need to do it face to face.

I was banded on January 14th so I'm pretty new to the process. Gosh, I was so nervous to do this. I worried about being sick, not being able to eat, not being able to socialize...blah blah blah. So far, things are going better than I could have hoped and I'm eating out same as before....I just eat considerably less. I went out with some friends last night as a matter of fact. I had a wonderful evening and have at least one or maybe two more meals sitting in my fridge thanks to the doggie bag. Are you here in the city or the 'burbs? I'm in the city and have a separate thread with some other city gals. I agree that we should have our own support group....I think we already do on this site...we just need to do it face to face.

I live in Queens, NY. Where in the city do you live? That would be great if we would be able to do it face to face. We would have to plan it and where would we have it? Are you able to eat more than 1 cup?

I'm down.. I'm in the burbs but I don't mind the travel lol

I just added you and Karen to that other thread I mentioned and sent you a message. Let me know if you are connected now.. I'm not terribly savvy with this stuff so I'm not sure if you can see the post. It's titled 'Hi'.

i honestly usually drink 40 plus ounces before I get out of bed in the morning. I make sure to fill bottles before I got to bed. I would not expect anyone else to do that but if I dont get my Water in I really notice and increase in hunger. When I am hungry and its not a meal time I drink and then if still hungry have a smart snack.< /p>