Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How did you make it through stage 1?

6 more days...I can do this! I have no choice , but to do this. It is hard, but so worth it. I fit into a old pair of jeans I couldn't wear this morning, so that gave me some more motivation. I love how my clothes feel big. Hoping everyone is hanging in there on the infamous stage 1.

6 more days...I can do this! I have no choice ' date=' but to do this. It is hard, but so worth it. I fit into a old pair of jeans I couldn't wear this morning, so that gave me some more motivation. I love how my clothes feel big. Hoping everyone is hanging in there on the infamous stage 1.[/quote']

I'll admit losing 14+ lbs in a week has been pretty motivating; especially since I'm not even hungry, but I would love to just chew something at this point. I did find some frozen Greek yogurt at the store yesterday and it helped a bit since the texture was at least a little different.

I'm one week out today... The smell of food makes me nauseous.. I don't have an appetite for ANYTHING but cold water; it has been this way for the last three days...BUT I have so much has that uncomfortable... Anyone else experiencing this or have any solutions???

I'm one week out today... The smell of food makes me nauseous.. I don't have an appetite for ANYTHING but cold water; it has been this way for the last three days...BUT I have so much has that uncomfortable... Anyone else experiencing this or have any solutions???

I'm a week out yesterday and I notice if I drink Water too quickly i get pretty uncomfortable I takes me an hour or more to drink 8oz. of Water (and not feel like I have a rock in my gut) and I used to be able to literally drink that in under 30 seconds.

I am 6 days in on liquid and have lost nothing. I am very bloated and uncomfortable. Any suggestions?

I gained all my pre op loss, about 8 pounds, while in hospital with the IV's and stuff. It took about 5 or six days to get unbloated and all the weight went in one day. 2 weeks and 4 days into this and have lost 20 pounds. It does get better.

the first week I was not taking in enough Protein but increased that to 3oz every hour and Water and crystal lite. Now into week 3 I am so sick of drinking I am sure I am not getting enough Protein. This AM felt really run down, but picked up the protein and have had about 9 oz so far and feeling better. I have even gone out to Breakfast with friends and watched them eat and only drunk tea with no craving. Just want to stab some food with a fork is all. Good luck, this too shall pass.

I'm 3 weeks into my 4 weeks of Clear liquids, one week left to mushies. Can't wait to have something to chew.

Protien shakes have helped tremendously. 3 a day and no hunger. I rarely even have the broth. Find I need to chew, so the sugar free pop cycles work great for that

I am only 3 days out but I am the same way. food looks and smells horrible right now. I can't get enough Water. I am trying to take in

Protein shake as much as possible but hard to do. I just keep telling myself my stomach needs time to heal. I just take sips every few minutes.

My surgery was yesterday, I do not feel any hunger but have managed a small Protein Shake, a v8 & Water. It's so hard to get it down but I'm worried I won't get my Protein. Is it ok just to have water &v8 for a few days?

My surgery was yesterday, I do not feel any hunger but have managed a small Protein shake, a v8 & Water. It's so hard to get it down but I'm worried I won't get my Protein. Is it ok just to have Water &v8 for a few days?

That would depend on how much protein your body has to spare. You body will use protein it needs to heal your injuries from surgery. If it can't get it from your food it will get it from your body. If you've got plenty of muscle to spare losing a chunk of it won't be hard to get back but if you don't have the muscle mass your body will target your other organs next.

I was on broth and Clear Liquids for 2 days after surgery so I didn't even have V8 as an option until day 3 post op. But it seems we all have slightly different post op diets.

Hi! I'll be three weeks out this Tuesday and I'm still on liquids( tomorrow is graduation to purée, yay!) I find that I must always have a Protein drink within reach or I get SO hungry!

I found that drinking hot tea helps move gas and decreases bloating. I feel no restriction and have not since I woke up. I'm looking forward to a fill because there are times that I am so hungry it's painful.

The best thing I can tell the very newly banded is that it gets easier! The first few days I was obsessing over food. Now it comes and goes. The foods I crave are healthy instead of cheeseburgers and buffalo wings!

I was able to start puréed on day three and am exclusively on puréed for 2 weeks. Week 3 I can start experimenting with mushy foods. I'm not really hungry I just want the wider variety in flavors and textures.

I've found that hot liquids go down much better than the Protein shakes. I've found a bunch of great, low-sodium, non-cream based Soup broths at Whole Foods.

But I am worried about not getting the required amount of Protein.

Also, cold liquids and sf popsicles don't go down too well. Anyone else experience this in the first week post-op?

I recall putting ice with my Protein shakes or in a glass if Water to have something to bite.

I also popped outside for a quick walk, sometimes it was more boredom than hunger I was feeling.