Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Half-way to goal!!!!

Hey everyone...it's been a while since I've posted on here, but I just thought I'd post my progress....I'm halfway to my goal! I can't believe it!!! Six months ago it seemed like such an impossible goal, but now it's so much closer.

I just wanted to post my story for everyone who is thinking about being banded....

My weightloss at first was REALLY slow. I lost 11 pounds in the first month while on Clear liquids, then NOTHING for about another month. Got my first fill, lost 2 pounds....second fill, one more pound. I was feeling so frusterated. I felt like I was a failure, like I had gone through all this for nothing. Even though I did have restriction, I was manipulating the band and breaking all the rules. I would drink with meals, eat lots of carbs and sweets and chew enough so that I could eat whatever I wanted. I have an aunt who had the band a year before me (who is now at 120 pounds and in a size 6) and I couldn't understand why it wasn't working for me like it did for her. So I went and got my 3rd fill and I think it was my "sweet spot" because I was really restricted, but I don't really think thats why I've began to see the numbers drop....I think I made up my mind that I was NOT gonna be a lap-band failure and that I did NOT go through all of this to lose 14 pounds. So I started following the rules, eating Protein first, not drinking with meals, not snacking all day-every day. And now I'm down almost 50 pounds!!! Well, 47 pounds to be exact, but it's more fun to say "almost 50".

So that's about it....I just wanted everyone to know that the band is definately not a quick fix. Unless you're willing to totally change your lifestyle, it absolutely WILL NOT work for you. I'll post more on my progress and let everyone know when....not if.... I get to goal!!!!;)

Guest Moucher

Great Job ! Keep up the good work. I too feel at a plateau, but I know there is more I can do.

Keep us posted.

Well there is help for me after all!!!!!!

I am now seeing a difference as well. I was breaking all of the rules, thinking that this (the band) was a quick fix. Now that I am properly restricted and following the rules I have seen a lost.....It helps so much to know that there is "light" at the end of the tunnel.

Thanks for sharing and congrats!!!!;)

hi Bradi!

Congrats on your weight loss!What do you eat during the day?As i'm writing this it's lunch time and i am eating a beef Jerky strip(what I really wanted was a McChiken x-tra mayo!;) )

I have half an hour for lunch so I tend to eat at my desk.I don't have alot of restriction and i am sick of eating the same stuff all the time.

Good job!!

Chantal

Usuall for lunch I eat a "Smart Ones" frozen dinner. It's the weight watchers brand. They have some really good stuff, believe it or not. Then for dinner I usually have whatever I want but I make sure to eat my meat FIRST!!!! Then there's usually no room for anything else.

Brandi,

Congratulations! That is great that you were able to figure what you were not doing to get you to your goal. The important thinh is you are right on track and you will get where you are going in no time!!!

Babs in TX

334/236/180

6/23/03

Way to go! Isn't it great that the band lets us work on following the rules at our own pace? The "window of opportunity" is a lot longer with this surgery than with the others.

Yes, it is nice that even though it took me 4 or 5 months to decide that I was going to make some changes, the band was right there waiting for me!!!!

Brandi,

it was so good to hear your story. It was so similar to mine. About the same as far as fills and not much loss. I couldn't drink with my meals though even if I wanted to because if I have any liquids with food I throw up the food. With my second fill, the only thing that would go down was bad for ya food. I think my 3rd fill is finally the charm. I have had it now for 3 weeks and have lost 13 pounds. Granted, I hadn't been able to eat solids (that was hard cause my birthday was last week and I couldn't go out to eat). Today I tried a turkey meatball. it took an hour to eat it, but it was pure heaven.

I think for me, I am so use to every diet failing, for the lapband to work would be out of the realm of my thinking. I too, am trying to help it work for me, instead of trying to force it not to.

good luck to you