Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First one for May???

Creekwood, you are doing great... good you have supportive family. You have been through 7 days... I am looking forward to being able to say that. Gscarlett - that's good that you are out of the headache stage - I like hearing how everyone is progressing on their pre-op diets as it is encouraging.

Thank u all. I made it thru my birthday. I drank a lot of Water lol. Protein Shakes. But I'm sorry... my mom bought a birthday cake for my party and I did have a slice :-( I've stuck to my pre op thus far. It was my birthday. I debated and decided I would eat it. & enjoyed it. Now tomorrow I'm back to all my pre ops guidelines.

I'm sure a slice of cake won't hurt you. I'm sure I would have done the same, too... take care - you are now back on track :) how long before your surgery? you are nearly there, right?

Yes surgery is Next Monday May 6th. I had a 3week pre op. I go to the Dr today for all my pre op test. I've lost 19lbs so far. :-)

Great job! 19 pounds!! You have done great, I'm sure your doctor will be very pleased!

Surgery date set for May 28th

I have 3 days left until the big day! I was lucky and only had to do a 7 day pre-op diet. What types of meals have you guys been eating? It seems as if everything has sugar or carbs in them.

I have 3 days left until the big day! I was lucky and only had to do a 7 day pre-op diet. What types of meals have you guys been eating? It seems as if everything has sugar or carbs in them.

I have been on medifast/health wise products and SF Popsicles/jello. They are all very low in carbs w/ no sugar. As of yesterday I'm allowed to eat a very lean meat, non-starchy vegetable and salad daily. Good luck!!

I'll be near the rear on the 28th of May 2013. Good luck to everyone. I'l be curious to read the threads on everybody's journey.

Well wow. I had a tough day on preop diet yesterday but pushed through and went to bed super early! I feel fantastic today!! I stuck to the preop diet yesterday and today I made another huge decision...I just got off the phone with Sears and ordered the following:

1) Treadmill

2) Treadmill mat

3) 3 pack of kettle bells 5, 10 & 15 lbs

4) Pack of 2lb toning hand weights

I can't believe I finally pulled the trigger!! I'm so excited not to have to worry about weather. Now...to get my exercise rearranging my living room to make my new workout lifestyle fit.

I have never been this motivated in my whole life.

Surgery May 14th is coming right up!! And delivery of my new exercise equipment will be May 13th.

Here I come new me...here I come!

Leanne, that is awesome. I loved my treadmill, had one for years (how I lost weight successfully the first time round) but we had to sell it when we moved, and don't have even a foot extra room in our house now to get another one. I think for SK it is a great idea to have one... we hope to get another at some point when we have more room or a bigger house!! You will love being able to walk/run no matter what is going on outside -even if you just want the privacy of not having to see anyone (I liked that!) LOL

The weights are a great idea too. So happy you are feeling good - hope you had a great day :)

Leanne' date=' that is awesome. I loved my treadmill, had one for years (how I lost weight successfully the first time round) but we had to sell it when we moved, and don't have even a foot extra room in our house now to get another one. I think for SK it is a great idea to have one... we hope to get another at some point when we have more room or a bigger house!! You will love being able to walk/run no matter what is going on outside -even if you just want the privacy of not having to see anyone (I liked that!) LOL

The weights are a great idea too. So happy you are feeling good - hope you had a great day :)[/quote']

Its so nice of you to say that!! And you're right about Sask being a good place to have one.

I'm feeling great today...I got a ton of work done inside and outside today...and didn't feel that hungry either thanks goodness. Steamed cauliflower seems to be my new best friend!

I'm hoping you're having a great relaxing weekend as well! I'm looking very forward to my new bike...had a great ride today! I forgot how fun that is. Sask is amazing in the summer...you'll get some great workouts in too!!

Talk to you soon my lbbf (lapband best friend!)...

Hey May 6 banders...Are you ready for tomorrow? I'm so excited! I haven't been nervous at all, but I'm sure tomorrow morning will be a different story. Good luck and keep us posted on how you are doing post-op.

Hey May 6 banders...Are you ready for tomorrow? I'm so excited! I haven't been nervous at all' date=' but I'm sure tomorrow morning will be a different story. Good luck and keep us posted on how you are doing post-op.[/quote']

Good luck Drehn! You'll do just fine. I remember getting the IV connected, talking to my surgeon, going to the OR and then waking up in recovery!!! Absolutely no pain for me.