Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Superbowl junk food and pre-op diet

I need to vent, so here it goes. I am on day 3 of the 2 weeks mandatory all Protein shake, broth and Water pre-op diet. Today is superbowl and somehow the party has come to my house. Normally I would be right out there with everyone enjoying everything, but there is no way that I can - mentally or physically. It is just too much.

Today my accomplishment is not killing all of the men in my living room and kitchen enjoying the smorgasbord of junk food waiting for the game to start. So far that is ten of them, and have I mentioned how my husband does not have a privacy filter? They all know about the liquid diet and are teasing me each time I go out in the kitchen or living room. I am stuck in my office studying, sipping on a chocolate Protein Shake smelling all of it and reminding myself of what the ultimate goal is. Mind over matter. Tomorrow will be a new challenge and with each one that I surpass I get a little stronger. Each of us have gone through this and each of us have different feelings about it and stories of it. I tend to let it out and then it's over with - nothing held back here.

I will make it through the next few hours. My pride will stay intact and no bodily harm will be rendered on any of the inconsiderate jerks that we call "friends", at least by me anyway.

Thank you all for listening to my rant. I do feel better getting it out.

You can do it! I made taco meat, they will have nachos, I will ave mine on a salad, I also took boneless, skinless chicken cubed it and made "wings". Tomorrow is my big day! Good luck!

I am envious - I can't have ANY food. Enjoy some for me please

What! No food? Why?

Bless your heart! I can't get my mind around the two weeks before surgery yet--holding on to a 1200 cal diet is all I can handle right now. With food in the house and all of the joking (friendly or not) cannot possibly be easy. People w/o a weight problem just don't seem to understand some times. We tend to equate food, emotions and relationships. Other people don't! It has taken me years to come to that conclusion. Hang in there--leave if you have to! Or, if it gets too hairy, go in there and tell all of them off! And tell them that you have my permission!

Sorry on my preop I old eat, veggies and Protein, but nothing else. Go shopping instead of football. Hugs.

I am allowed EAS advantedge carb control shakes (4 - 6 a day), vegetable, chicken or beef broth, and Water for the pre-op diet. It is the standard for my surgeon. Everyone of us seems to have different instructions, and I am not sure why. I am too worried about them cancelling surgery for me to cheat. But this is extremely hard, I will say.

I also have 2 weeks of the same after surgery but allowing Jello and popsicles. On the third week after surgery I am allowed to introduce mushy foods, pudding, cream of wheat. Never thought I would be looking forward to that, but I really am.

Thank you Lalou, believe me I already have a few times, it just seemd to egg them on a little more. I am studying for an online test here in a few hours and then I will disappear for a while until some of the wives show up and I have to make a presence. Hopefully they will control their vengeful little monsters, and if not, well I know how to shorten the guest list for future parties. My older son just showed up and he just told them all to shut the h-e-l-l up so I think he just earned an extra hug. My hubby, not sure, but he definitely is not being a support system today.

Hang in there!!! I am rooting for you!

I am going out for superbowl, but made some wonderful low-fat dips to put in the mix. NOOO one doesn't know its low fat, because they will all be tooooo drunk! LOLOLOLOL

Next year at superbowl you are going to be a hit!!!

Thank you Patti. Next year will be a whole different story. New me, new view on life. BTW - you have done wonderfully. Way to go. Quite an inspiration.

If my husband would have thought it was funny, I would have turned the joke on him! I would have left the house and went to the most expensive store and bought myself the most awesome incentive outfit that anyone has ever seen! I would have waltzed into the room, hung it up in the middle of the party and with a huge smile, hand the receipt to my husband in front of them all! Then thank your husband and his friends for their encouragement!

I like the way you think.

Day 3 was the hardest for me! If I was on Day 3 and had a Superbowl party...I would have surely cried! I am on Day 12 and although it is easier....it is NOT Superbowl good. No party for me and if the hubby wanted one, I would have gladly told him to go elsewhere...lol.

My surgery is Thursday and I too am on a 2 week liquid diet (Protein shakes-broth-water-tea,etc). It's hard...not easy. But my motivation is like yours. I want the surgery and I am ALL IN to get it.

Good luck Mama! Shopping sounds like a great idea. :)

I never thought I would make it through the pre-op but I did it and now I am almost 3 weeks post-op . keep your eye on the prize... tomorrow will be another day.. I know it is tough to ignore all the ribbing but think that next year you will be thin and healthy... Take Care honey.. I am rooting for you.

Sorry! I would stay as full as possible on the liquids. Also, ice pops (low fat free, sugar free ones)were considered liquid on my pre-op. Maybe they might help. You can do this!