Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Welcome Lap Band Veterans!

I hope this forum works out....problem with LBT is that 98% of the people are still trying to loose weight....still learning their way....dealing with the basics..

Sometimes it's hard to communicate when you know, and they don't know, that the world is not flat...

I belong to another site altogether were everyone has been banded for quite some time,( they were all once members here but left) most at their goals....and we very rarely talk about the basics anymore...

Mostly about how everyone is enjoying their new lives!!

I hope that happens here...not all the negativity, struggles and unhappiness....

There is a life after lapband...like having total knee surgery..sooner or later you get healed, work (struggle) through the rehab, and eventually begin to live your normal life again...be it with something artificial placed by surgery.....

Cool! I'm in.

My 1 year bandiversary is coming up on 2/14 and I am at goal...LOVE MY BAND!!!!

The only thing I have to warn you guys about us that you get an online chatter bug like myself who posts like a mad woman and even though I have only been banded since 12/21/12 I can get in on this forum. I still consider myself an obvious and total novice so I'm going to stay out of your hair although I might pop in to read what you guys post. Not sure is 100 posts is maybe a bit low? And it should be considered by bandiversary date instead? Just sayin.

Most modern day browsers have spell check cooked right in. If you're still using IE, I'd suggest trying http://www.speckie.com/home .

Unless you are at posting from work... I know...the horror....... and your IT will not allow downloads...

:(

The only thing I have to warn you guys about us that you get an online chatter bug like myself who posts like a mad woman and even though I have only been banded since 12/21/12 I can get in on this forum. I still consider myself an obvious and total novice so I'm going to stay out of your hair although I might pop in to read what you guys post. Not sure is 100 posts is maybe a bit low? And it should be considered by bandiversary date instead? Just sayin.

Good point. Band date is a great idea. So since I've been banded for 8 years and am about to get rebanded, can I ask for access still?? :) I'm not at goal, but I know what I'm doing. Just looking for support and community. I was too isolated the first time around.

Happy Baniversary ajtexas! 1yr and below goal. WTG, workin that band!

LOL ... I first thought this was for bandsters who had served in the military!! I'm a year out, doing great, glad to be here.

Love the veterans forum :) Thanks!

It is great for the veterans and I hope to start to see more communication going on here too.

I am 1 1/2 years out, at goal, had hip replacement this summer and can't wait for a couple weeks so I can really test my new body out after losing 165 pounds.

I am thankful every day for my band and all of the support from everyone!

5 year vet now, and I've tried before to get a vet thread going. Went well for a while then it kinda died. Why? I reckon it's coz people who are doing well tend to not talk about the band anymore when it becomes second nature, like breathing. How often can someone talk about how they're breathing? Lol!

However it's nice to have a place like this, nonetheless. :)

Great to be back here...I just got a new putter one I can see the text !!! ....I have to say now that summer is coming to a end......it has been my very best summer I think I have ever had.....and the main bright spot that helped me enjoy so much was first time in my adult life I was fit and healthy !!!....I was able to take my boys fishing...hiking....kayaking...swimming...amusement park slides......and just feeling so happy....meeting a special friend from LBT...love ya Terri......Oh yea...I have had a few not so good times too....my hubby had a heart attack :( ....but he is well on the mend now and eating right and walking with me !!!!

Unless you are at posting from work... I know...the horror....... and your IT will not allow downloads...

sad.png

Where have you been? We've needed your wisdom here on so many occasions. Welcome back.

I hope I've had enough posts.. apparently I have.. I am still under a year but doing well.. I have about 15 lbs or so to goal.. Floridays was one of the first people to give me advice before I was banded and I felt she was very motivational... I hope this group will continue to post their wisdom and helpful advice...

July 13th was 4 years for me. I have not been here in a long time and I miss it. Will be fun to see people I have not seen in a long time. Have been doing good keeping the weight off. On some meds that cause some weight gain so trying to battle that but need the med so seem to be managing it. How is everyone? Everyone in my support group has moved on the other operations and I am the only Band but it is working for me so I am keeping it.

cheri