Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Restriction, Finally!!!

I have a 14cc band and yesterday I received a 2cc fill which brought me up to 8ccs. For the first time, even after loosing 72 pounds, I am finally feeling restriction!!!!

I LOVE the feeling and while I kept myself in check (and still will), I'm finally getting the feeling I've only read or heard about. I'm excited about my future success and getting to where I want to be on this journey!!

I'm SO happy and excited for you!!! I have a 14cc band with 7cc's and I'm starving all the time :( I go for my second fill today and I can hardly wait! Congrats on your awesome success!!!

You are so right. Great feeling isn't it? Just make sure you're eating small, chewing big and taking your time at meals. You will see a stuck episode if you don't but thats quite normal for patients who are at this phase.

Can you explain how you feel differant? I think I am there just wondering how you feel! Thanks :)

Can you explain how you feel differant? I think I am there just wondering how you feel! Thanks :)

Thanks for all the well wishes!

To answer the question on how it feels different (others feel free to chime in because I'm sure everyone is different) is a little hard to explain. I was eating my Breakfast this morning, and I just happened to realize that I had enough. I wasn't full or overstuffed, but knew it was time to stop. And I didn't eat it all either. Also, for once I wasn't looking forward to having my mid-morning snack. In fact, my appetite has been way down as compared to where it was before this fill. I'm now going 4+ hours before eating again.

I hope this helps you out. Believe me, You'll know when you're there!! Best wishes to you!!!

That was very helpful. Thank you

You are so right. Great feeling isn't it? Just make sure you're eating small' date=' chewing big and taking your time at meals. You will see a stuck episode if you don't but thats quite normal for patients who are at this phase.[/quote']

You are completely right about the stuck episodes. It think i hit green zone this fill with 5.4 cc total in 10 cc band. Im still getting used to chewing enough so i dont get stuck. My belly hurts ugh

Ive. Had my band 9 mos no fills and am starving ,

Ive. Had my band 9 mos no fills and am starving ,

Why no fills? If you're hungry, you need a fill or three. Otherwise, the tool isn't going to work.

OK, so I went to your overview/profile and I see that you have a very stingy surgeon. In my opinion, that's just not right. Seems like this guy does not understand how the band works and is putting most of the work back on you as if you had never tried to diet before? That is sad.

You have a couple of options. One, go in and demand a fill. You may have to get pissy and in someone's face to get your way. Two, find another doctor or office that will give you fills. Either way, you've got to be proactive or risk failure.

tmf

I have only 3cc in my band and NO restriction at all can't wait until I hit that restriction mark

Ive 4cc's in a 10cc band.

I think i'll be at green zone soon, i get satisfied from a small meal.

Now for me this takes awareness because realisticly i could sit and eat slowly for an hour.

So after 15/20mins i quit!

If i rush my food it will get stuck quite easily.

So never full, but satisfied, thats the goal right?

Problem is i dont stay satisfied for very long,

Doc thinks a small fill will give me this and help me not wanna snack between meals.

Hookieluv, I have to agree with 2muchfun. My surgeon has even told me that I need a fill, when I was on the fence about one, because he said "if you are losing just from sheer will, then the band isn't doing its job". He is right. If we could have done this and kept it off on our own, we wouldn't have needed a band. I hope you will start getting fills to help you along.

I got a fill yesterday and now have 5.6 cc in a 10cc band. I hope I get restriction!

Hi All,

I have 4.2 CC's in my 10CC band. I think I finally hit my restriction. As soon as I eat anything 4 to 6 bites in I can feel the restriction. I'm not sure if this is normal or not but I stay full for up to 5 hours. The restriction feeling I get is not a full or I over did it kind of thing it's more like my body gives me signs that its time to stop eating and it's enough. I will get a burping kind of feeling but it actually feels like food wanting to come back up but not in a painful way at all like a stuck feeling and it never comes back up. I also get a pain in my left shoulder, or a runny nose that gets annoying after it starts. If you ever have to take a big breath and a sigh then that is an obvious sign that your body is full. Just thought I would mention those signs since its what really helped me realize the band is my friend and is doing its job. Have a great weekend everyone!

Do you take small bites and eat slow? Your post was really helpful. If I'm debating if I'm in green zone. I must not be