Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I don't normally complain... but today I am such a wreck... the liquids make me throw up... have pushed ever friend away because I can't handle being around food. Is not their fault I do have depression and I normal if I didn't eat would get irritated well today bam gasket blown. I can handle this and only a few more days until feb 5 just strange how my depression got so worse so quickly... did anyone else have such a problem? Not to mention I feel super hungry but only when I smell food which I have two kids to cook for. So the temptations are present. Ball of nerves..

Hang in there, I promise it will get better. days 3,4,and 5 are the worse, at least it was for me. My body was going thru detox of carbs and sugar and I wanted to eat so bad. I had to do 3 Protein Shakes a day plus all the broth, sf Jello, sf popsicles I wanted. Make sure you are getting enough Protein in your shakes to stay fuller longer. Cook your kids some chicken noodle Soup, homemade and pour the broth off for you. Cook a pot of Beans and eat the broth/soup part. Oh girl if I could come thru this computer and get you thru this I would. I'm 7 mos post op and it is so worth it. Just stay focused, think about why you are doing this, and if your friends are hindering your eating choices explain to them what you are feeling. True friends will understand. If you are throwing up on the shakes, maybe find another brand you can tolerate because not only do you have to be on a liquid diet pre op you also have to do it after I hate to tell ya. So its good to find one that you really like. I gagged on the ones my surgeon suggested so I found others I liked. still keep them around for a quick meal. Big hugs to you.

Thank you so much for responding!!! I need to find better shakes do you have any suggestions. I was on a low carb diet with no gluten or flour products at all. It was hard but managed it fine that I didn't need those potatoes I was addicted to. :) but this Bariatric Advantage is so disgusting. Atkins drinks taste way better. Am allowed broth and sugar free jellos and popsicles. Is difficult but because none of my friends understand it they just don't get why I don't want to watch them eat a meal! I can do this just need the right mind set. Thank you for your encouraging words!

I really feel that most of the battle w/ food is the emotional aspect. I know it is hard right now, but it does get easier. If it's too much to be around your friends w/ food, then do what you are doing and avoid it. You have to do what works for you. Now, longterm it wouldn't be realistic to avoid everyone/everything but while you get through this initial stage you have to do what works for you. People who aren't going through it don't always realize how much of a struggle this is. As for the shakes, I like Premier Protein (premixed drinks) in chocolate and have seen others say that too. Another suggestion (and these are GOOOD) was from my nutritionist. I buy the Carnation Instant Breakfast (chocolate) NO SUGAR added (comes in a blue box or container), mix it with 8 ounces of skim milk and 3 T of powdered fat free milk (for added protein). It is about 20g of Protein and very yummy.

I love the Unjury products. I'm 3 weeks post op and used them pre-op and now. The chocolate shakes, unflavored and chicken are great. you can call them and talk to someone. it has 21g Protein and if made with skim milk- 29g. Go the website. great recipe ideas. I will be using them now on to make sure I always get enough protein and you can add them to your food.

Crystal light, that helps too.

Sorry I didn't get back to you last night, I went to bed. I drink GNC's brand Lean shake already mixed up Swiss Choc. 25 grams of Protein. Didn't like the other flavors but the swiss choc was good. If you have a GNC near you and go in ask, they will usually let you sample or at least mine did. The other girls have great suggestions too.