Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

what did you wear in the hospital?

For those who stayed overnight, did you wear pajamas or just the hospital gown? I see many folks discussing walking that evening to relieve gas pains but I don't want to worry about the breeze hitting my bare butt! When I had my C-sections I was in bed the entire first night then showered and changed into PJs the next day.

i stayed in the hospital gown they put me in when i got there. (and a house coat to go with it).

i stayed overnight also. i recall walking down the hall and to the potty and back.

(i was lucky being in june, that i wore a sundress there and home so it was easy in and east out).

I stayed overnight and just wore the gown they gave me. I did put my underwear back on underneath.

I brought my own PJ's. You will be able to move around much better than you did after your C-section and you don't want to be showing off your backside when you take your required walks-☺

Good luck!

I wore their hospital gown, but I brought my own robe and slippers. Kept me from flashing my butt when walking around and my feet warm.

I personally wouldn't wear my own pajamas unless they were old and I didn't care if they got ruined. This way if blood should seep onto them it's no big deal.

Having worked in a hospital, I dont want to bring anything from home if I can help it (don't want to bring home MRSA) so I will likely bring my old slippers and throw them away before leaving. Good idea on the robe, I think I have an old one somewhere.

The gowns come in larger sizes on most bariatric floors so that helped me feel more comfortable. And you can ask for 2 (one on backwards and everything gets covered) I still had the IV on so I didn't do the pajamas over my head, arm, but I should have put underwear on. On no, I do not remember doing that. OOPS.

I'm not sure when they pulled cathedar out but that was taped to my thigh. I would pack pjs and see how you feel. Always better to have.

Oh the robe is a perfect idea. And you are right about getting things dirty, I had some blood on my gown around my stomach area.

For those who stayed overnight' date=' did you wear pajamas or just the hospital gown? I see many folks discussing walking that evening to relieve gas pains but I don't want to worry about the breeze hitting my bare butt! When I had my C-sections I was in bed the entire first night then showered and changed into PJs the next day.[/quote']

I did not have to stay, but when I was there I had two gowns. One I wore as a robe over my back.

Current pre-op wt 344 down 324

They put me in two gowns, one forward, one backward. I avoided bringing much with me and didn't need anything anyway. Good luck!

gosh... that was three years ago... but i think i stayed in the gown and then changed into PJ's to go home.... Surgery was on a Tuesday and was at work the next Monday .. and got a welcome back Pink slip..... surprise.. your laid off....

I stayed overnight & my hospital had a very large wrap around style so nothing was showing no matter what size you were, wasn't bad at all really!!

Where I had my surgery, they have special made gowns for WLS patients. They are the best, no breeze, it a house coat type of gown, it even had pockets. Good Luck on your New Life Journey!

I wore the gown, and socks, but bought slippers from home to walk around in. My hospital hospitality people gave us robes, and other stuff, so we had a robe to wear, and I pushed my IV up/down the hall. However, even though the whole area was bariatric patients, I don't recall seeing others walking around. My roommate was in bed the whole time, maybe got up to pee! She was a lot sicker than I was.

gosh... that was three years ago... but i think i stayed in the gown and then changed into PJ's to go home.... Surgery was on a Tuesday and was at work the next Monday .. and got a welcome back Pink slip..... surprise.. your laid off....

Wow that sucks!..but I'm sure you used the new acquired free time wisely to work on yourself :-)