Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Motivation ?

Hi, I am 46 pounds from goal and havent exercised yet, but i'm afraid if I don't,I might get flabby skin. The only problem is, i'm so tired from work all week, on my days off i just want to relax... how can I get the energy to work out??

Do you have a fav movie? You could try to watch that while walking on a treadmill. Also, a workout buddy? I find I have these same feelings, but once I finally get my a$$ moving I feel great!

Good Luck!

I agree with the above. It is your choice. There is no guarantee that exercise will firm up the skin. Everyone is different. Start saving for plastic surgery if you really can't exercise at all.

Drag your butt for a walk. Once you just do it and start, you'll instantly start to feel better. You don't even need a gym, just sidewalk. There are a ton of phone apps that track your distance speed and time. Start small one day, then 2 days later go 5 minutes more, or a mile more or something. I've been doing that for a while, and actually started jogging at over 300 lbs. you can do it!!

i work about 50 hrs a week plus home stuff and my hubs club stuff but you STILL HAVE TO MAKE TIME...some people have children and school and jobs and whatever but you have to make time to just do it..even if its 5 or 10 minutes, as long as you do it, thats success..the motivation is you wanting to lose weight bead enough to do something about it. only you can do it..the band will help..but you have to help the band

I have always found it uncomfortable to exersice but this time I joined a gym and went just to get some strength because I wanted to line dance longer at class. Every other day I have to talk mysle into it "iam tried" 'yes, but you know you feel so much better after doing the machines" and I do. I set up 20lbs goals and then add something new to my day either one more glass of Water, add one machine at gym, find a new recipie, work on eating lsower just something to keep connect it to the job of getting health...today I have lost 51 lb under 200 now sliding into home base 160. added yoga yesterday it was uncofotable but I feel it today and will force myself to go again.

at work add 5 mins of streghting its a get start

Thanks for the encouragement, everyone! I love the movie idea!!

I work long hours everyday....cannot go to gym in evenings...

That is why I am heading to the gym in about 20 minutes, when they open at 5am....it is now 20 of......having my coffee, I'l have some nourishment after my workout (recovery)

This is what I do 5 days a week, and there is a good size crowd there every morning at 5......mostly professionals.....

So one can always make time to be healthy and fit....my life depends upon it....

I am busy with two kids and work. I have to work out before work so I make sure I get it in. Unfortunately this means getting up at 4:15 but it's become such a habit now I don't feel as good if I sleep in instead.

Seriously there is no way people like us can buy somtime for workout after so much of work stress. :unsure:

to be fit and loose weight it is not required to go to GYM every eve, spent hours their. First thing first, you can start with walking down near your place in the morning. first go for a mile for a week, than try to add more miles as week pass by. Now days theres a huge collection of apps on APP store like NIKE RUNNING that keep track of your running record. analyse your fitness with that data and see the difference. B)

You just need a well head start. thats it...

You do have to make the decision to make the time. Time is an excuse, not a reason. You can make time to workout. I'm sure there are 30 to 60 minutes a day you can find to be active. Once you start you will love the way it makes you feel. I'm a gym addict, love exercise and I started running at 292 pounds. You can do it :)

How about finding a friend or family member who can hold you accountable. Make a date n time to go out for a walk a couple times a week. I found a friend who likes to work out called her the other day n invited her to walk a 3 1/2 mile walk I like to do. It was fun catching up on our lives n I burned more than 400 calories. I have called many people to do this and many times people will flake but it puts me in that mind set of " I'm going with or without them" good luck.

Btw I have a family of six, work 40 hours a week, go to school, clean house, cook on most days n make time to work out. It eventually becomes a habit. Try to find something you enjoy. Read the success stories too, that helps me.

Hi me again. I went to the gym this morning earlier than my class started n decided to do the elliptical for just 15 minutes before getting in line for my class. To my surprise I burned almost 150 calories and did 1 mile. So if you have 15 minutes a day n a gym of course, that could be (depending on your weight) about 1000 calories a week! Just something to thing about. Sending motivating prayers your way!