Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any February 2013 Bandsters?

Thanks!

This is my pre op with my surgeon...I'm assuming just checking me over and making sure I don't have any questions. I'll also get my shakes and bars and all the details for my 2 week pre op diet. I also have to have a pre op check up with my primary doctor' date=' and that is next week. :)[/quote']

Ahhh ok gottcha. Yeah, I finished my pre op visits but when I scheduled my surgery my doctors office mentioned getting my pre op check up which they said I could do with my primary. I'm getting my physical on January 31st so I wonder if that's similar or it can all get done in one shot.

2/1 here!

Did you guys already buy or know what you want to buy for post surgery? Protein shakes, supplements, etc etc. I figure we could all mention what is really good to help each other out. I have Optifast shakes from my failed stint on Optifast. I am going to get the papaya enzyme tablets, which I heard were helpful when you start eating mushies and real food. What about you guys? Any plans yet?

2/1 here!

Did you guys already buy or know what you want to buy for post surgery? Protein shakes' date=' supplements, etc etc. I figure we could all mention what is really good to help each other out. I have Optifast shakes from my failed stint on Optifast. I am going to get the papaya enzyme tablets, which I heard were helpful when you start eating mushies and real food. What about you guys? Any plans yet?[/quote']

My doctor recommended shakes to me and also provides regulations on calories, fat, and carbs. I also looked on Amazon for reviews on shakes. I opted for the EAS carb control advantEDGE shakes which I do happen to enjoy. I got French vanilla and strawberry cream which Tastes like strawberry quick. I do, however, feel that they give me a stomach ache or upset stomach afterwards which my Protein powder I used prior never did. Who knows, but I hope that helps. I'm down for trying as many as I can but they are pricey :(

I will have my surgery Feb. 5 th.....I am really excited to begin this journey! I go for my pre op lab and visit with surgeon on Monday,then start my 2 week diet on Tuesday . I am also like most of you mixed with emotions....like why do I need this? Why couldn't I do this on my own? Why did I inherit the big girl gene? Will I be successful? Believe me I have a trillion more!!!!!!! I do know that I am grateful for health insurance that covers this procedure...a wonderful husband and daughter that support me in my decision for lap band...and love this forum that is so informative . Wishing you all happiness with this amazing journey we are all about to discover this February !!!!!

Yeah I just got word today that I'm approved for band. They were as surprised as I was because my BMI is only 34 and I only have one additional health related condition (HBP). So, I will see doc on mon and set surgery date for sometime mid Feb.... (Hopefully around Presidents' Day weekend ). Of course, like most everyone else, I'm excited, nervous and scared all at the same time! This forum has helped me tremendously.. Thanks everyone!

I ordered powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury samples and matrix samples. Tried the Unjury it's very good. The unflavored was great,really no flavor and not chalky. So far that's the only one I tried. Will let you know on the others soon.

Congrats and good luck!!!

My doctor recommended shakes to me and also provides regulations on calories, fat, and carbs. I also looked on Amazon for reviews on shakes. I opted for the EAS carb control advantEDGE shakes which I do happen to enjoy. I got French vanilla and strawberry cream which Tastes like strawberry quick. I do, however, feel that they give me a stomach ache or upset stomach afterwards which my Protein powder I used prior never did. Who knows, but I hope that helps. I'm down for trying as many as I can but they are pricey :(

Hi there. My date has been changed 3 times, but prayerfully I'm staying on 14 February. What a Valentine's present to me!

I've been trying unjury shakes. www.unjury.com They have a sample pack that's only about $20 I think. But they are good. I also ordered from www.drugstore.com Carb Solutions High Protein shake Mix. I keep that one at work and the Creamy vanilla is really good.

I like the Unjury because it comes indiviually packaged. I'm on the go a lot, so I don't need something that I have to measure out. The Carb Solutions I do...but I'm at my desk so it's not a problem.

I also just ordered ProtiDiet Protein fruit Drink Concentrate from www.bariatricchoice.com I am a fan of grape kool-aid, so I ordered the grape flavor. just got it in the mail, so I'll be trying it soon. It has 15g of protein, no fat and 2g Carbs--so we'll see.

Also check www.bariatricadvantage.com I ordered a Nextar sample pack. Haven't tried them yet.This site has a wealth of information! Vitamins, supplements, all kinds of good stuff.

I've been tryin to incorporate 1 Protein Shake in my daily diet to get used to it. One week before I start my 14 day pre-op diet, I will include 2 Protein Shakes. Hopefully that will ease the shock to my system and I won't have the side effects that everyone talks about. If I do have the side effects...I'll just deal with them...come too far to turn back now Praise God! :D

Hope something I've shared is helpful. Be blessed.

I want to join!! I'm approved for Feb 4 - I'm getting rebanded. I had rare and annoying mechanical malfunctions over the past 8 years with my old band. I was VERY successful

The first time around and I definitely want to get on this ride again! I gained most but not all of my weight back this past year when the band disconnected (!) while I was pregnant. I lost 100 lbs when it was working and LOVED my life! It was exciting and scary and everything you guys are experiencing ... And once I had the magic fill my life changed. Looking forward to being a newbie again.

I'm so excited for everyone! My date tentative date of 2/7 is now a real date of 2/21. I'm bummed that it is out further, but still excited! I see my doc tomorrow for pre-op blood work and EKG, meet with the surgeon for the last time on 2/4 and start my 2 week liquid diet on 2/6. I'm going with Unjury, the chocolate is Yummy! Haven't tried vanilla or unflavored yet.

I'm scheduled for surgery on Feb. 14th ! Getting very excited and a little nervous. :D

Got my approval today...very anxious. Scheduled for February 7th...

All right this is my first post after lurking for months. I will be banded in February also. I'm so afraid of failing! This can not just be another diet. I truly eat my emotions. I always wonder if I am going to be mean and grouchy when I'm frustrated, because usually I just eat and move on. I really just want restriction until I can get used to my new lifestyle. Super excited but terrified. I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling this way. Good luck everyone. We are in this together.