Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OMG crazy drinking night!!! plz tell me its ok!!

Ok so ive been doing pretty well until today!!! Banded on 11/15/2012. avoided the drama and alcohol that comes with my family and the holidays but today was the straw that broke the camels back! Between work, the new stress of a layoff, WLS, family..., and hubby moving to graveyard shift!!! OMG!! I needed a few beers!! I feel so guilty but sooooo relaxed!! I hope I dont hurt my band! :( ive worked so hard and it makes me mad that I crumbled! :(

I have been told many times beer is bad. I have had Wine . :)

I'm sure you know no one is going to tell you that was ok. But you can always make better choices in the future. Good luck.

Stay away from the bubbles. I drink the hard stuff occasionally and haven't had any problems.

Ok so ive been doing pretty well until today!!! Banded on 11/15/2012. avoided the drama and alcohol that comes with my family and the holidays but today was the straw that broke the camels back! Between work, the new stress of a layoff, WLS, family..., and hubby moving to graveyard shift!!! OMG!! I needed a few beers!! I feel so guilty but sooooo relaxed!! I hope I dont hurt my band! :( ive worked so hard and it makes me mad that I crumbled! :(

well, some dr's frown on carbonation (from beer and soda etc)..we cant do anything about what you did now.....its over and done with. as betty said, better choices need to be made esp since you are kinda still newly banded...if you get very worried, call your dr and let them advise you....as chenie said, wine is better

General rule of thumb- bubbles bad. I doubt you did any major damage to your band in one night, I just would not recommend making this a habit. Not only does beer contain carbonation it also has a lot of calories.

The hard stuff without the bubbles takes less to give you a buzz so you don't get the carbonation and you take in less calories. Like someone said above wine can be enjoyed. New Year's Eve I had a glass of wine while my friends toasted with champagn. I figured out that it takes far less to give me a buzz now than it did when I was 50 lbs heavier.

Yeah..be careful.3 beers sounds like a lot. How does your stomach feel?

As for booze having more effect after banding, I've had the opposite reaction. I was a guy that enjoyed my martinis and enjoyed many of them. Since banding I've cut back to the point that I may have one or two per week instead of per day. I've noticed that when I imbibe now I feel little, if any, effect. This is more good than bad as it makes me not want to bother but it seems counterintuitive - I would expect small amounts to have large impacts given I'm now having less than half the caloric intake I used to.

Anyone else experienced this?

Yeah..be careful.3 beers sounds like a lot. How does your stomach feel?

I knew that no one would actually tell me that drinking was okay. I was just going through a tough time. I have since recovered and pulled myself out of the pits of hell! lol jk :lol: Although, I did feel pretty awful for the next few days following- guilt was horrible. I think the worst part though was my appetite the next day. OMG! I wanted to eat everything in sight. My band of course did not allow me to make any more regretful decisions but believe me I tried. So here I am back on course and determined to stay on the straight and narrow. I appreciate everyone comments! :D Oh and to answer your question back2petite, my stomach did feel a little bloated but otherwise it was fine. I did call my advocate to confess the next day. She told me that carbonation is fine in moderation but to remember beer was high in calories. I guess all docs are different. That being said, I will find other ways to relieve stress before turning to alcohol again. Like I said earlier, my appetite was insatiable, not to mention the headache. Thanks again!

Can't say it is OK, but it is done. You live with the consequences. Many of us are here because our stress go to was food. Please try not to replace it with drinking!