Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Plastic Surgery for Skin Donation

Im thinking about getting the Tummy Tuck or a mini one. Im at goal.. my dr. Told me I can get a tattoo where the port will be repositioned.. and that the surgeon will mark the spot. Should I get the tattoo done before the doctor marks the spot since I can feel my port now? Has anyone done this?

I went to a tattoo place and I asked them about ink poisoning to which they stated they werent concerned because a lot of pple have tattoos on their arms and they have gotten shots or given blood. Also what about hair removal on a tattoo.. can u shave if u need to?

Lastly, how is the scarring? I dont have a lot of skin because I exercise so im contmplating whether I should get it done.

Thank you in advance for ur replies on this.

Yes you can shave your tattoo after it is completely healed... I have a total of 18 tattoos and the biggest is on my leg and I do shave! but I also find that I don’t grow much hair on the tattoos as I used to get without the tattoos! also tattoos are only skin deep if you get cut or nicked or poked with a needle the ink wont flow through your blood! like terry said if you get ink poisoning it would be at the time of getting the tattoo and it would be the artist that made a mistake... I don’t know anyone who has ever had ink poisoning though and just about everyone I know has a tattoo... it doesn’t mean it doesn’t happen it probably just doesn’t happen often! I would also wait to get one until after the port is repositioned if I were you!

sorry made a mistake multi quote is below

About 5 hrs I had three procedures...a breast lift and augmentation and the Tummy Tuck. I went under at 830 am and the dr called my husband at 130p to tell me they were finished... And I had and I quote....a smoking bod.... LOL. My husband got a kick out of that.

I was awake by about 215p and on my way home at 3ish

i heard that some universities will do plastic surg. for free if you let them keep the skin.... I never looked into it my self.... But i have heard this. I guess if you have a lot to take off..

I, like my friend Floridays... i didn't have enough skin. I wish i would have done the breast at the same time.... i want a do over...lol

I only had my tt and it was $8800 total. Out of pocket, insurance didn't cover one cent.

KN11....here's what my scar looks like at 11 months.

were you guys at your goal weight when you had your skin removed? i am close to my goal but not there yet the dr said he could remove between 5-10 lbs of skin which would put me even closer to my goal... although im always told dont get your hopes up to be the weight that your expecting... i just want to be in the normal weight range for my height idc if its at the very top... but ive been told this by drs also including the skin removal surgeon im just wondering if i should just get it done now or if i should wait until im closer to goal?

If u dont mind me asking, how much did all of that surgery cost?

About 15k

were you guys at your goal weight when you had your skin removed?

My dr prefers to do any plastics when you are no more than 10 lbs of goal. I would love to try to get to 150 but I am happy between 150-160 so I felt I was pretty close with 157.

Plastic surgery isnt a means for losing weight. It might be a benefit for some but for me... my skin removed for the tt weighed 10oz. if you check out my gallery...it sure looks like it could have been more... but it wasnt. And for the breast lift he removed 4" of length... which weighed about 8oz.... So add the implants at 1.5 lbs for both... I didnt lose a thing.

My dr prefers to do any plastics when you are no more than 10 lbs of goal. I would love to try to get to 150 but I am happy between 150-160 so I felt I was pretty close with 157.

Plastic surgery isnt a means for losing weight. It might be a benefit for some but for me... my skin removed for the tt weighed 10oz. if you check out my gallery...it sure looks like it could have been more... but it wasnt. And for the breast lift he removed 4" of length... which weighed about 8oz.... So add the implants at 1.5 lbs for both... I didnt lose a thing.

oh im sorry if i made it sound like it is a way to lose more weight thats not how i meant it i was just stating it would be closer to my goal... and he cant tell how much weight its gonna be until it comes off... so i do understand that... he did also say within 10 lbs of my goal im just wondering if im setting my goal to high? its seems that i keep being told not to be disappointed if i dont reach my goal so i feel as if im aiming to high! i guess im just wondering if i should lower my goal and deal with being considered as overweight? and just get the skin removed now?

Thank u so much. How many hours were u in surgery? I cant believe it wasnt covered. U look great. And the scar isnt bad at all. How was your healing process?

Thank you so much. Im very pleased with my results. Not long... i think two hours. No, i had to pay for it myself... and i mean me. My husband said i didn't need it done and if i wanted it i would have to figure out a way to pay for it myself.... so i did. I now clean my office building and it pays for my TT.

I was back at work in 12 days that includes weekends. I did it over the mardi gras holiday, so i got a few extra days. I was walking my neighborhood in three days.... still hunched over, but walking none the less. I had to wear my compression garment for 6-8 weeks, i had no drains. I did have one spot that developed a sore... Fluid came from it.

This is a little gross.. but you can see what happened and how it healed.