Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Merry Christmas,

I think I might have reflux, but not sure. I have a doctors appointment in a couple days. I was wondering if some of you can tell me how reflux affected you and your experiences with reflux and the band. For example when it started what are some of the symptoms? I am having trouble mostly when I wake up. Today I feel like i have heartburn and not hungry. I have to make sure my medicines go down before trying to eat anything. I usually dont eat Breakfast until lunch and then lunch at dinner ect. I am able with no problem to eat solids for my meals. Please share I will really appreciate it. I also cannot eat anytihng too soon before my bed time. Sometimes I wake up tasting vomit but I dont actually vomit. Please me nice this is really hard for me to share.

Thanks, Helen

Sounds like a hiatal Hernia repair coming for you. My docotr fixed mine same time as lapband procedure. Now, no more reflux. Elevate your head by using extra pillow or lift bed posts on bed where your head lies. Don't eat anything, or don't drink Water 2 hours before you lay down. Tums will help some and you can take 2-3 tablets before you retire. Several tests can be done prior to surgery. Check with doctor or explain to him what is happening.

Best wishes

Thankyou for replying . I can only hope you are wrong because there is no surgery anytime in the future for me. This only started with my fill 3 weeks ago. How would that happen?

Helen..I know too much restriction can cause reflux and you mentioned it started when you had our fill, my doc told me about it because I had reflux prior to surgery....please talk to your doctor about it, I'm sure he/she will be able to correct it...best of luck..

Thanks I have an appointment set. I understand could be too full what I don't understand is why just in morning. Rest of the day I eat solids no problem and I'm hungry. If they unfill I am worried the hungry times will get worse.

I agree it sounds like you may be too full but your dr should be able to answer that question.... I am glad you have an appointment scheduled.I hope you feel better

I suffer from mild reflux from time to time but have had it since my twenties. I take a medication called somac, not sure what it would be in the USA. About a month ago I have a severe case of acid, nothing to do with the band, illness bought it on, somac helped a bit. One day my daughter sick of seeing me so miserable she made me sip some coke and within hours the acidic feeling started to disappear, it was like the coke neutralized the acid in my stomach. Not saying this is what you need but it was a fluke it worked for me so for a few days I sipped on just a bit of coke after eating. My band was tight but only because I got sick. I'm back to normal now and all us good.

Your doc will hopefully give you something for it and hopefully you can get back on track quickly.

Thanks a bunch!

Merry Christmas!

Hmmm

So I slept with my head propped up some. I feel litle better this morning. I am able to drink which is huge and probably could eat if I really want to. I do have a little heartburn and have burped a few times. I feel better today then I did the entire day yesterday. Thanks for the advice.

Needed an unfill.

Needed an unfill.

Hope it fixed your reflux :)

Ty very much no reflux right now but think I have stomach bug on top of everything else. It surely could be worse.

I had similar symptoms as yours except the near-vomiting and coughing was keeping me awake. I was not able to eat and then swallowing even Water became an issue. MD met me at ER , they gave me IV Nexium(WOW- instant relief!), removed Fluid from my band and I was a happy bandster again. MD put me on Nexium every day and I followed up in 2 weeks and he put the fluid back in....