Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

True Results- Fills

Do you get a fill the day of surgery or start with just the band? Also do you schedule your first fill the day of surgery? If so how many weeks later.

Do you get a fill the day of surgery or start with just the band? Also do you schedule your first fill the day of surgery? If so how many weeks later.

Do you get a fill the day of surgery or start with just the band?_ it depends on your surgeon. Some do, some don't. Mine did not. He said they like to make sure if there is any problem right after surgery they know what the source is ( the band vs the band and the fill).

Also do you schedule your first fill the day of surgery?_ it depends on your surgeon. usually you would have a follow up visit about a week after your surgery. Your dr will then tell you his schedule for fills. My followup was one week after. Then my fill was three weeks after that.

Thanks Minimi! Did you go through True Results in Houston

Thanks Minimi! Did you go through True Results in Houston

No I did not. I'm in California. Used the Modesto bariatric center. Awesome awesome awesome!

No fill for me on day of surgery. Surgeon had me wait 5 weeks.

I am using True Results in Houston and was banded 4/26/12. Durning my first "adjustment"/fill the nurse told me that my dr. had given me a 3cc fill during surgery. She said that my dr. typically does this to give a head start.

I just make an appoinment for my follow up visits. The visits are scheduled when there are openings..they are very busy and so you have to basically take what's available. Good luck to you.

Hello... I used True results in Houston my Dr. is DR. Reilly Love him!

I got my second fill yesterday and OMG! did it hurt some lady did not know how to find my port stuck me three times.....until I said STOP and requested some one else.... anyway I was just venting....lol

about a fill in the band right after surgery ...yes I had 1.5cc on a 10cc band....and yes you schedule you fill appt there before surgery...I had my fill appt 5 weeks later... Good luck girl!

other then that little incident I love my band! -_-:rolleyes:

Hello all,

I was banded on in September 2012 @210lbs and a BMI of 37. I have a realize band with a 4cc on the day of surgery. I had a 2 cc fill on November 7, 2012. I have another appointment on December 21, 2012. I am currently at 185 lbs with a BMI of 32.

After my last fill I did have some restriction for about 1 week then it slightly got less tight and I was able to eat more and felt hungry. I do portion size as we are "told" to do! I have had some "stuck" episodes but it's my fault for now CHEWING MY FOOD! I also have had some vomiting due to my stuck episodes, my fault for not CHEWING MY FOOD!

I have no regrets, but the weight is going down on a slow pace. I will keep on with the portion size and exercise plan to reach my goal next year!

Hello... I used True results in Houston my Dr. is DR. Reilly Love him!

I got my second fill yesterday and OMG! did it hurt some lady did not know how to find my port stuck me three times.....until I said STOP and requested some one else.... anyway I was just venting....lol

about a fill in the band right after surgery ...yes I had 1.5cc on a 10cc band....and yes you schedule you fill appt there before surgery...I had my fill appt 5 weeks later... Good luck girl!

other then that little incident I love my band! -_-:rolleyes:

Thanks my surgery is tomorrow. Dr. Reilly is my doctor also ???„ I'm super excited. Do he always use a 10cc band?

I am using True Results in Houston and was banded 4/26/12. Durning my first "adjustment"/fill the nurse told me that my dr. had given me a 3cc fill during surgery. She said that my dr. typically does this to give a head start.

I just make an appoinment for my follow up visits. The visits are scheduled when there are openings..they are very busy and so you have to basically take what's available. Good luck to you.

Who's your doctor?

My doctor is Christina Li at Baltimore Maryland

Congrats.....I go to True Results

(Dallas).... I still have 17 days.....