Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

God Give Me Strength, And Will Power!

Almost a week since my band was removed from having slipped and I am having the worst time trying to stick to small portions, and the right foods.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not pigging out on cheeseburgers or anything. Just find that my portions are definitely getting larger.

I've gained about 12 lbs since having my band out. Most of that was from rehydrating since it had been some time since I could eat or drink anything of substance.

I can't wait until I get my new surgery date to have the band put back in. This time, I'm going to listen a little closer to my body and pay more attention to how tight the band is, and make adjustments when I sense something isn't right.

Jim, I admire your courage to come on here and let everyone know who has been banded what is important about 'listening' to our own bodies and knowing when something is not right or wrong and waiting until its too late to do anything about it.

Too often we read posts on here about someone saying they can't eat or drink or have difficulty, and still they wait it out because they are afraid if they get a small unfill they will gain weight.

People wake up! This gentleman is giving you some insight of the consequences that can happen if we are not careful and dont pay attention!

Thank you very very much, you possibly could have saved a lot of 'bands' from your post

Oh, BTW.. congratulations on losing 121 lbs, that is remarkable!!!!!!!

(hugs)

Jim, God made us self determining. You can do whatever you decide to do.

I am praying for you its to be scary after going through all this but you can do it. how long do u have to wait for a new one/ will you insurance pay for another? gl here and thanks for sharing

Thank you for the well wishes. And I hope I can provide insight for people who are wondering about band slippage and perhaps prevent it from happening to others.

While I don't know for sure, all indications are that my insurance company will pay to have the band put back in. Assuming that happens in the next week or so, I am hoping to have the surgery before the end of the year. That way, I won't have to satisfy a second deductable.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

3. BabySpoons

So proud of you Cat. Getting into those smaller size clothes is half the fun isn't it?. Keep up the good work!!!!

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

That's brilliant! You've done amazing!! I should probably think about changing my profile picture at some point. Mine is the doll from Squid Games. Ironically the whole premise of the show is about dodging death. We've both done that...

• eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 1 reply
      1. kezbeth

I may have to have gall bladder surgery during my weight loss surgery. Not thrilled about it either but do not want 2 recovery times. Just want it over with.

Thanks for your post. I may need to rethink my decision... :(

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches