Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2013 Bandsters!

Monday January 38th for me!!! I'm trying to stay calm but I'm very nervous and very excited... I feel like I'm going to have ask for something to calm me down before I go into surgery!!! Excited and nervous about how ill feel after and the following days... Question: I have a temperpedic bed, is it going to be easier for me to rest on the couch because it is easier to get off and on or the bed is fine? I'm worried about using my abdomen to get up...

Monday January 38th for me!!! I'm trying to stay calm but I'm very nervous and very excited... I feel like I'm going to have ask for something to calm me down before I go into surgery!!! Excited and nervous about how ill feel after and the following days... Question: I have a temperpedic bed' date=' is it going to be easier for me to rest on the couch because it is easier to get off and on or the bed is fine? I'm worried about using my abdomen to get up...[/quote']

I was told before I tried to get up, bend my knees and roll my body over and allow my legs/feet to help turn me and then put my legs over the side of the bed and then sit up. It does pull some, but it isn't that bad. They call it a log roll. It has helped me.

You will find what works for you. Good luck and you will do just fine!

Monday January 38th for me!!! I'm trying to stay calm but I'm very nervous and very excited... I feel like I'm going to have ask for something to calm me down before I go into surgery!!! Excited and nervous about how ill feel after and the following days... Question: I have a temperpedic bed' date=' is it going to be easier for me to rest on the couch because it is easier to get off and on or the bed is fine? I'm worried about using my abdomen to get up...[/quote']

Both were bad for me. You eventually find what way is most convenient for you. Try the couch first then slowly work towards the bed. Just my advice.

I have a temperpedic and I don't have any problems getting up. Before I was discharged the nurses showed me how to get up from the bed using a pillow to support my belly. So far so good. I don't have a recliner in my apartment and my couch isn't a "comfy" couch so my bed is my only option. You'll be fine.

I wish I had a recliner - that would be such a comfy place to sleep! Anyway, just wanted to share what has been working for my referred pain to the shoulder/neck area. I filled an old sock with rice and microwave a few minutes, then drape it over the spot that is most sore. Works so good!

Hey guys. How is everyone doing? I am 3 1/2 weeks post- op. However, I have not lost any weight since the liquid diet. I am on the pureed diet. I hopefully will begin loosing soon. I have heard of people not loossing, and I am hoping I am not one of those. How is everyone feeling/doing?

Oh and with comfort I used the couch and used 5 pillows. After about a week and a half I went into a bed.

I am scheduled for Tuesday the 29th, I am really excited, but nervous. I have lost 10 pounds already with the pre op diet. I have only been on the diet for 9 days. is that good?

I'm 4 days post op and no complications so far... no nausea, no vomiting. I've had a little bit of pain or light pressure in the area of the port, but it isn't much worse than what I felt when I was trying to tie my shoes. ;)

Good luck all you January banders!!!!

I am scheduled for Tuesday the 29th' date=' I am really excited, but nervous. I have lost 10 pounds already with the pre op diet. I have only been on the diet for 9 days. is that good?[/quote']

I'm going the 29th as well. My pre-op diet was just a week so don't stress it and trust your doctor.

Hey guys. How is everyone doing? I am 3 1/2 weeks post- op. However' date=' I have not lost any weight since the liquid diet. I am on the pureed diet. I hopefully will begin loosing soon. I have heard of people not loossing, and I am hoping I am not one of those. How is everyone feeling/doing?[/quote']

Don't be do hard on yourself. That will most likely change after you have a fill, so I've read. Good luck :)

I am post op 1 day and so far the only pain I have is where the port is and in my shoulder....wonder why my shoulder hurts??

I am post op 1 day and so far the only pain I have is where the port is and in my shoulder....wonder why my shoulder hurts??

Its from the gas they used to inflate your abdomen. It will go away. The more you're up and walking, the faster it will go away.

Just got home from the hospital. Officially banded baby! No complications, no hernias and barely any gas pains which resolved as soon as I got up to go the bathroom.