Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Be Honest- Is Banded Life Hard?

Lol...i think i have u beat as the most paranoid! That would be me!! :)

I am one of the most anxious and paranoid people I have ever met...glad to meet someone else the same! lol

Well, add another one to your boat, ladies.. Anxious and paranoid right here too! Lol

I'm happy that everyone is pretty happy with their experience and it is definitely comforting for a hopefully soon-to-be bandster :)

Do you find it easier to follow the food/calorie intake because the band helps? In other words, if you didn't have the band and the doctor told you to eat 1500 calories, x oz. Protein, etc. would you be able to have the willpower the way you can/ do with the band? I hope that makes sense.

i decided before i was banded that this was going to work. It was drastic and a heartfelt do or die decision on my part so that played a role for me to stick with it.

Also I think the band is a permanent reminder so yes for me it was way easier than the thousands of other diets I have been on, I physically cannot eat too much. I will throw up or be so uncomfortable So i avoid it at all costs. Honestly much of the time during my Losing stage I couldn't eat everything on my plate that I was allowed. And I wasn't hungry.

The only thing the band doesn't stop is making poor choices... That's all us. But because I could see the results... I was willing to make the sacrifices.

i decided before i was banded that this was going to work. It was drastic and a heartfelt do or die decision on my part so that played a role for me to stick with it.

Also I think the band is a permanent reminder so yes for me it was way easier than the thousands of other diets I have been on' date=' I physically cannot eat too much. I will throw up or be so uncomfortable So i avoid it at all costs. Honestly much of the time during my Losing stage I couldn't eat everything on my plate that I was allowed. And I wasn't hungry.

The only thing the band doesn't stop is making poor choices... That's all us. But because I could see the results... I was willing to make the sacrifices.[/quote']

Thank you for your honesty. I always look forward to what you have to say... I truly value your opinions and input. Very helpful :)

Anyone interested in running/walking a 10k virtually?

Check out my thread. I need the motivation!

Am loving this thread, everyone is honest with no put downs. To date it's the most inspirational post and replies I've come across.

Hoping to have it done first part of January. I am ready to start my new journey.

Whoop whoop!

Pre-op 275.9lbs -surgery 10/5 265.0lbs -11/11/12 241.8lbs

It was harder being fat! The band has been a blessing to me. It is a tool that when utilized to its fullest, allows you to lose weight by staying full longer.

Best thing I ever did, after the marriage to my departed beloved wife.

Hi, I would like to say that I have been banded now for 12 mths and its the best thing I've ever done. You will still be hungry until your band is tight enough . You will know as you will not be able to eat anymore with out being sick. I'm now having trouble rating the good food. I can eat potato chips and chocolate but not bread or bakes Beans ?? . So I'm kinda havering some teething issues. Is all about will power and how bad you want to change too.i hope this helped abit .

YES!

It is hard.

There is no "done"

But all that work is WORTH IT :)

Bandingmi, Congrats! I am so ready to start my new journey. My last appt is Tuesday and then I wait for the approval. I was told it would take 10 to 15 day for the insurance to respond. Getting close!

This thread has me so excited. It just seems like this is so far away since I don't even see the surgeon until 12/18. I wish I could make time fly!!!

Me too!! My first appointment is 12/6 but I am so excited for it!!! It's a tease that it's so far away! I can't wait to start my journey!

For me its been easy. Sure there are times I get frustrated when things won't go down easily or I am stuck but I have NEVER regretted this surgery. I am down 100 pounds in a little over a year. I have 18 pounds to my goal and I know now I can do it. I tried to lose weight by myself before and never was successful. What was hard was being 260 pounds and enduring all that went along with that

It was harder being fat! .

I couldnt agree more. Being thin is amazing. Its a shot in the arm. When you look good you feel good. I have dreamed about this for many years... I am SO glad I finally found the courage to make the change.