Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Carb Cycling- An Experiment Gone Right!

Apparently I have no self control when it comes to the scale. I got on it again this morning and I couldn't believe my eyes. I'm down 4 lbs in 2 days!!! Seriously?!? I still can't believe it. I've been stalled for a month and now the scale is finally moving, and its moving at a good pace. Thank you so much Missy for sharing this! I was starting to get frustrated and was beginning to feel like I was failing my band, but now I feel confident that I CAN lose this weight. I had my band surgery in January, and 5 more pounds will put me at my halfway point. I might make it there this week if I keep losing at this rate! Thank you thank you thank you!!

I'm so glad it's helped. I usually carb cycle for 2 weeks when I hit a plateau and it's enough to get my metabolism moving again steadily.

It's so weird but for some reason, the whole "shocking" your metabolism does seem to work.

It sure does. Yes, I don't plan on staying on this too long. Maybe just this week, but two weeks would be the max.

I've been doing it for a week today and have lost 3.6 pounds. But I wasn't sticking to 1 cup servings. I was following the recipes right out of the book and getting about 1200 calories each day. This week I am going to modify my portions to lapband size portions (no more than a cup) and stay between 900-1000 calories while also carb cycling. I'm also starting the Couch 2 5k program...nervous but so looking forward to results!!

Good for losing 3.6 lbs! I think you might have even better results sticking to band size portions (not that 3.6 lbs isn't awesome!).

As for me, today was a little difficult. I had the family over to enjoy the pool and we grilled dinner. I went over a little on my carbs, and its my low carb day, so I hope i didn't do too much damage. I knew better than to put out "snack" food. I'm such a muncher.

So my stats for today were:

Low Carb Day

Calories: 716

Carbs: 43

Fat: 38

Protein: 81

Too high on carbs and not enough fat. I'm kinda mad at myself, but then again, I'm not. Back in the day I would have ate recklessly, so I'm proud of having restraint and listening to my band, even if I wasn't perfect today.

Good for losing 3.6 lbs! I think you might have even better results sticking to band size portions (not that 3.6 lbs isn't awesome!).

As for me' date=' today was a little difficult. I had the family over to enjoy the pool and we grilled dinner. I went over a little on my carbs, and its my low carb day, so I hope i didn't do too much damage. I knew better than to put out "snack" food. I'm such a muncher.

So my stats for today were:

Low Carb Day

Calories: 716

Carbs: 43

Fat: 38

Protein: 81

Too high on carbs and not enough fat. I'm kinda mad at myself, but then again, I'm not. Back in the day I would have ate recklessly, so I'm proud of having restraint and listening to my band, even if I wasn't perfect today.[/quote']

I think you did great. Especially considering your net carbs are likely under 40.

Hello Carb Cyclers!

Quick question for you: on high carb days you do suppose to eat carbs even if your dinner is after 6pm, right? (Trying to plan my daily meals in the office and left the book home...)

Also, here is suggestion for high carb days:

Danone's new Danio yoghurts: high Protein, low fat, really tasty.

The pot I'm eating right now as my mid-morning meal is a blueberry variety: 160g/159kcal/11.9 protein/18.9 carb/3.8 fat

Sent from my KFTT using LapBandTalk

Love this and will have to give it a go soon :)

Happy to see everyone is doin great on this! I am back in the game of life finally.. I've been having my struggles but I feel I back in it to win it. Going to start my carb cycle.. I love this because every other day I can have something I want.. I love carbs and it gives me break of the low carb diet everyone wants us on!

also.. **hugs Missy**! you are in my prayers to fast recovery and intermission from your ms. you are still an inspiration for us all and thanks for being there for all of us if anyone needs your help.

p.s. Where is Patty!

Happy to see everyone is doin great on this! I am back in the game of life finally.. I've been having my struggles but I feel I back in it to win it. Going to start my carb cycle.. I love this because every other day I can have something I want.. I love carbs and it gives me break of the low carb diet everyone wants us on!

also.. **hugs Missy**! you are in my prayers to fast recovery and intermission from your ms. you are still an inspiration for us all and thanks for being there for all of us if anyone needs your help.

p.s. Where is Patty!

Patty is dealing with a lot right now but she's fine. Her and I still talk via texts and Facebook regularly :)

Tell her I wish her the best and we miss her!

Well today was day 4 for me and a high carb day. I seem to find these days more difficult, which is odd, because I love carbs. I guess with my new band life, I have learned to eliminate a lot of carbs from my diet and I guess I'm having a hard time reintroducing them. I also had a hard time keeping my fat down today, which also resulted in me keeping my Protein on the low side. I didn't do bad, but it wasn't as great as I had wanted it to be. I'm looking forward to tomorrow, low carb day.

High Carb Day

Calories: 1001

Carbs: 114

Fat: 36

Protein: 61

I'm really excited for Saturday to get here! I started walking on Monday so I am hoping the scale is nice on weigh day. I am doing the turbo cycle (high carb followed by 2 low carb days)... The last 2 days were low carb and I feel like I did great! Looking forward to some healthy carbs tomorrow! Here's my stats for today:

Calories: 1094

Fat: 49

Carbs: 37

Fiber: 18

Sugars: 9

Protein: 129

Cardio burn 294 cals (I did not subtract these from my food calories)

Water: 80 ounces

I had a very long and stressful day today at work. :angry: It took everything I had in me not to raid my co-workers candy jar for chocolate! Overall I think I did pretty good. 14 carbs were from cashews (to prevent me from eating the chocolate)

Low Carb Day:

Calories: 854

Carbs: 37

Fat: 54

Protein: 93

I'm sorry I forgot to ask....Missy, how are you feeling? I know that you had surgery and that you were going to start carb cycling again. I hope you are feeling better and that the carb cycling is helping you get rid of your Water weight!