Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Bandwagon Supporters

yeah..they bought me back at 8:30 but soon as i woke up they sent me home

I thought is was a fast discharge I wasn't ready to go I was still drugged

I thought is was a fast discharge I wasn't ready to go I was still drugged

me too..it take another 2-3 hour before i was back to normal..then the shoulder was very noticable

I couldn't pee so instead of giving time they just straight cath me! So uncomfortable. Plus the left the bed down afterwards and I had to yell help to my husband BC no one was around. I was not impressed with my poat op care there at all

crazy..thought i going to be there for at least 1 hr in recovery

I know I am. I was hoping this band would make the weight come off for me' date=' but It doesn't sound like that's the way it works... It's such a huge lifestyle change. To go through all this& then fail... Yeah I have anxiety too[/quote']

You haven't failed, don't feel that way. The band does not MAKE you do anything. You have all the Power .... Think about what your putting in your mouth and decide if this is what you want over getting healthy. Don't give up already. Read Dr. Simpson.com site. Good luck to you and do some more research to get a New Mind Set.

I couldn't pee so instead of giving time they just straight cath me! So uncomfortable. Plus the left the bed down afterwards and I had to yell help to my husband BC no one was around. I was not impressed with my poat op care there at all

Just my opinion, but its unbelievable some of these "clinics" have you in and out in a couple hours. Did you know they weren't even keeping you until you were fully awake? I was kept a day and a half in a hospital and they gave me IV with pain medication for neck/shoulder pain and can't even imagine going thru that on my own.

Please post thru out this forum and let all the pre-op candidates know of your experience and where you had surgery so they can be prepared. I had mine in Morehead City, NC and got exceptional care. The after care was wonderful too. Oh, and I was sent home with pain medication in case I needed it. I was treated like a "real patient" not just another Cash cow. It is just beyond reason to me that a doctor would let you be in pain like what you described.

I so hope and pray that you get past these first days without so much pain.

Again, my opinion.

I had no idea I was going g to be rushed out less than an hour after i open my eyes.

The nurse gave me 50 mg of Demerol because I had the shakes after surgery within 10 minutes I was walking to the area to get an X-ray I couldn't hold myself up I was so wobbly and in pain. No support from the staff. Sit me in chair and told me I need to go pee. I felt like they were trying to get rid of me ask they could go home

Wow. The differences in the level of care is eye-opening. I guess I am very lucky.

I went Wake Forest University Baptist Health, a large hospital in Winston-Salem. I was never pressured. The staff has always been accessable and helpful.

I knew upfront that I would be staying overnight and during that overnight stay, the hospital staff made sure that I urinated. I wasn't being cleared to leave until I did. Before I did leave, a hospital pharmacist met with me in my room to discuss my prescriptions and to show me how to take my medicines properly.

Obviously, these people are doing this for a living but I was never made to feel that quantities of procedures was a priority.

Seems like everyone that I talked to had similiar experiences. My surgeon was super nice and the pre op nurse was awesome. Also the OR nurses we great too for what I can remember, so it wasnt all that bad.

Good Evening Everyone,

Let me apologize upfront for being selfish and not replying to everyone's comment. This is the first day I've started to feel human again.

My surgery was on Thursday morning, at 8:30 and by 11 am, I was in the recovery room. All went well until then....I had a negative reaction to the anesthesia, and had a case of acute nausea. I was suppose to get out the same day, but my doctor said he needed to keep me under observation for another 24 hrs. They tried 3 different drugs to make the nausea go away, but nothing worked, so the doctor told me I had no choice but to just ride out the anesthesia drug (I don't know what it's called). So for 12 hrs straight, I was extremely nauseated, I could not keep anything down. I was told to not drink Water, for a while because sometimes it makes things worse. I had the IV going the whole time, so I was being kept hydrated. Finally, at around midnight, the nausea let up a little bit, enough for me to take a few sips of watered down apple juice. The nausea was so bad, that I did not feel the pain of the incisions. The nurse kept asking me: " Are you sure you don't want your pain medication Honey? You have not had any all day". I just kept saying no....I didn't need it at that time.

I came home the next day, at around 1PM, and went straight to bed to sleep. I had not slept at all the whole time...I was too busy with my labored breathing...I kept dry-heaving and I was so scared it would do something to the band.

I too, have mucus stuck in my throat that won't come up. I have terrible gas pains, however, when I walk, it helps to relieve some of it.

I'm glad to see all of you are doing well, and are at one stage of the healing process or another.

I hope I did not scare anyone who is about to have the surgery. Like all of you, I keep telling myself it will be all worth it.

And NO, I have absolutely NO food cravings. NONE!

My best advice, is to walk around when you get home, take a shower, etc. Keep moving as much as you can.

Thanks for listening. More personals over the next few days...

Seems like everyone that I talked to had similiar experiences. My surgeon was super nice and the pre op nurse was awesome. Also the OR nurses we great too for what I can remember' date=' so it wasnt all that bad. [/quote']

i agree..just discharge was fairly quick

Maybe you can cook and eat "Christmas dinner" on Christmas Eve instead.

I would totally do that if it weren't for the five days of liquid diet diet before....I did make a "practice" dinner...but that was only for timing sake *wink*…lol

I find my self nervous about starting my pre open diet on Wednesday. When I joined this forum I had over a month before my surgery and some how I now have only a little over a week. Thank you to everyone who has posted about your banding experience...I have to admit that it has been reassuring to read everyone's triumphs and struggles.

Banjo, you will do great.