Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can anyone tell me the advantages of purchasing the fitday software? What do you get that you don't get with the regular free online stuff?

Also, my fitday.com thing says I'm not getting enough vitamins/minerals from my food. Is there a way to take into account the Multivitamin I take every day?

I didn't see any reason to purchase fitday.com for my PC. The free version has everything I need.

As far as Vitamins are concerned, if you add your Multi-Vitamin as a custom food and include it in your daily caloric intake, it will change your Vitamin needs report.

By the way, I like the new look of fitday.com :)

I used the free version for a month or so... then I decided that we spend $20 regularly at fast food restaurants (or used to), so it was worth the investment for me.

I love, love, love the PC version. I track for both myself & Mikey... with the PC version I can have 2 instances of the program open at the same time. I love the reporting... I love the accountability... I love this program!!

I've even got Mikey asking if he's got "restriction" (calories in - calories out = restriction -- I laughed so hard when I saw that word in use that way!) Anything that can get my hubby to ask questions about his food is a good thing, let me tell you! :)

The one thing it doesn't have that I wish it did... I want some way to print out our daily food & exercise logs to take to the nutritionist. If someone knows the secret, let me know! I've been taking screen shots & printing those, heh.

OMG, I think I just found the answer, lol. Just File > Print, heh. **sigh** Sometimes I'm a n00b! :)

JanetC, what does the PC version do that the online one doesn't? I agree that it's not very expensive, and it would be well worth it if you get special benefits. What "extra" features does the PC version have, if anyone knows?

I bought the PC version too, and love love love it. One thing it has that online doesn't is the ability to build custom foods by ingredients rather than nutritient value. I was never able to figure out how to create and save "turkey sandwich" online, and since this is something I eat a lot it was very frustrating!

So there's a greatly improved custom-food feature. In addition, it's much faster than online, since it moves at the speed of your computer, not your internet connection. The only downside is that you can't access it from different locations, but if that's not a big problem I highly recommend it. It has loads of features I've never even explored!

The PC version also tracks your measurements, It has more reports then you could ever use, you can graph just about everything. It will predict future loss based on the info you put in....the only down side is you cant interface between the two....if would be awsome if you could use the online version when you were away from home and when you returned just download the info to the PC version - hey maybe some day?

I am happy with the free version, I suppose I am used to it and already have my usuals saved as custom foods. Like TriciaK suggested, I saved my multi as a custom food and then just add that daily. I dont use fitday that much anymore, my eating is fairly routine. It does help on days I feel I have gone overboard to realize that I have done little damage. I ALWAYS track my weight there though, lol! I like the graph and the fact that it gives you a weight loss average over the past month/months.