Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yes Im Over Weight But...

Once several years ago I was flying and I was squeezed into the seat but it was the window and I wasn't hanging over the middle seat as I was smushed up against the window....a fat girl's favorite trick. I was professionally dressed, not sloppy but yes I was over weight.

The woman who was in the middle seat called the steward and asked to be moved. At first I thought it was because she was in a middle seat but then she proceeded to ask why they let fat people on the flight when it was so full and how she was uncomfortable sitting next to a fat person... She actually said.." What if it gets warm... That fat lady will sweat.". You should make her buy the whole row. Of course anyone within 5 Rows either way heard her and looked to see the fat girl. I was mortified.

Once several years ago I was flying and I was squeezed into the seat but it was the window and I wasn't hanging over the middle seat as I was smushed up against the window....a fat girl's favorite trick. I was professionally dressed, not sloppy but yes I was over weight.

The woman who was in the middle seat called the steward and asked to be moved. At first I thought it was because she was in a middle seat but then she proceeded to ask why they let fat people on the flight when it was so full and how she was uncomfortable sitting next to a fat person... She actually said.." What if it gets warm... That fat lady will sweat.". You should make her buy the whole row. Of course anyone within 5 Rows either way heard her and looked to see the fat girl. I was mortified.

super duper ignorant!!!

I would have said, I know I'm fat, but your just a b***h!lol

and people wonder where our young kids get some of their rudeness, from rude adults that's where.

super duper ignorant!!!

I would have said, I know I'm fat, but your just a b***h!lol

and people wonder where our young kids get some of their rudeness, from rude adults that's where.

yes I live by the rule of thumb that I cannot fix rude or stupid. And some people are just that...or both? And since I am not fat anymore I am thankful that I am not rude or stupid. ;)

Omg @ floridays. That is just unreal. If i would have went with a gut reaction, i would have been put off the plane for me mouth! She talked as if you werent there or you were some foreign form of life. But.. im sure her comments will bite her in the arse later on in life if it hasnt already. When shes in trouble i hope a band of fat people crowd around her. Will she ask for help then?! OPTIONS!!!! Lol. You are a wonderful prson and looking great! Thanx for sharing..

Sent from my SAMSUNG GALAXY SII Skyrocket using LapBandTalk

@maddysgram- theres nothing like ignorance on wheels.. geeze. I would love to know where they are now...:-)

@nbatson75.. that is one of the worse things a person can say and it just strikes me as odd as to why, out of all the other great features, he haaaad to mention the weigh feature.. i would have gave him a little math equation for thought or said a smart comment.. " well if thats the case maybe i should buy two" and left the store. sheer confusion would have been on their face. Lol. Kudos for not letting it bother you:+)

IT DOES NOT MEAN I EAT EVERY SECOND OF THE DAY!!!

Went downstairs at my job today and was completely embarrassed. I went previously at 7 am and purchased Breakfast. It was then 8:30am. A coworker asked me to walk with them and i also needed to get some Water. The coworker and I were talking and we ended up at the hotbar waiting for his food. The attendant hands him his food and then looks at me and say' date=' very loudly btw," YOU ARE EATING AGAIN?!"

deer caught in headlights look consumed me. I had not asked her for anything. In fact i was picking up my Water to walk away with the coworker. I said no and removed myself from the cafe area period. Luckily im not superficially sensitive but it hurts inside either way.

Anyone had any similar experiences or embarrassing moments when your weight has been " brought to your attention"?

My children, 4 & 5 do it all the time...

Sent from my SAMSUNG GALAXY SII Skyrocket using LapBandTalk[/quote']

Oh my god are you SPEAKING AGAIN?

Rather be fat than ignorant any day!

*HUGS* Sorry that happened to u. If more people would think before they spoke this world would be a better place.

I feel all of your pain. People are rude and sometimes my husband forgets that he is fat and may make a remark about a woman who is quite heavy either in the store or in our travels. I have to keep reminding him how rude and nasty that is. I have been a yo yo dieter my whole life and even though I am to goal a size 8-10 I still feel the pain of rude remarks and think how that could be me. This is all part of bullying and over the last 50 years I have learned some really rude comments to those kind of people that need to remind us of our weight problem. Most of those rude remarks are not acceptable to this website but I have quite an Italian hot temper and I will not stand for anybody being criticized in public especially about being fat! That is me and I will never change and at this age, I will do whatever I have to to protect the heavy people of America! so there! Everybody have a wonderful day and ignore the ignorance of other people like they are not even there. If you wanted their nasty comments you would have asked for them, correct?

And gee how about the " well you really have a pretty face !" ... And you feel like screaming what about the rest of me ! I have arms, legs, torso !!

Omg @ floridays. That is just unreal. If i would have went with a gut reaction, i would have been put off the plane for me mouth! She talked as if you werent there or you were some foreign form of life. But.. im sure her comments will bite her in the arse later on in life if it hasnt already. When shes in trouble i hope a band of fat people crowd around her. Will she ask for help then?! OPTIONS!!!! Lol. You are a wonderful prson and looking great! Thanx for sharing..

you are so kind..thanks.

I remember I pretty much was in shock and normally I am of quick wit but that one just floored me. And the last laugh is on her now because last week on a flight from Chicago I was on stand by and got the LAST seat on the plane. Of course it was a middle seat. So I schlepped my self back after everyone was seated... my row mates were very large people and slid my now sized 10 butt into the middle seat...buckled in and had plenty of room. And I recall thinking that I would NEVER have said anything to embarrass them.

Floridays... Wow, I can't believe someone would have the audacity to say something like that. Ignorant people, who are very ugly inside... I asm so happy you have become a new you! you look great as do all of you!

An embarrassing moment for me, was actually on a plane myself, and you got it right.. a fat girl will work that window seat!! I have many times lol. I was on my way home this past may for my grandma's funeral.. already in pain from the loss of a great woman in my life...I had purchased my window seat.... I got to the check in and they didn't have it on file and that now seats were assigned... A MIDDLE SEAT! is a nightmare for a fat person.. omg I was horrified! So i get to my seat, I smile.. I am already so embarrassed and it's in between 2 men.. who look at me, one was very nice and the other made a face.. I wanted to die... Was on that flight for 3hrs. Sigh!! Never again! :)

I think I have had too many to name! I had a specific group of girls that would moo at me in high school when I was a size 3-5! That started a nasty spiral of bulemia, yo yo dieting, etc. I am a little more thick skinned now, but my son still tells me I need to go on a diet!

@ destynee.... people sjould ve shot sometimes. I probably would have cancelled that flight if i could.. its nothing like looking in on those past experiences and reliving them or feeling the raw emotion!...

@ maegan! I remember mean girls like that. I was always bigger than my age group which made it even worse.. im sorry to hear about the spiral you went through due to the ignorance of others. Those girls are probably living a life not nearly as great as ours!!! Kudos to the both of you making it through and still living greatfully after.

@ diamonds8

That comment it the worse! Some of us who are over weight are very shapely and proportionate and even if we arent, we still got it! Those people have personal issues that they need to get over..