Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2006 Band Crew

I can feel the excitement and the love....thanks to all of you for the wonderful support this place gives me!!!

Welcome Chris....I'm so glad you joined us here.:welcome: When you get the time, try to read the entire thread b/c there's so much great info here and you can get to know people that share the same thing at the same time.

Teresita ~ Yes, I've been walking 20 min a day. My boys walk with me. Just yesterday, my 3 yr old said, "Mommy, where's your exercise?". Gave me a good laugh. You keep me inspired and your little avatar just makes me want to walk!!

GreatDame ~ WooHoo....Friday is coming....hang on!!

Thanks Kim2behealthy,and Everyone Else On The Good Wishes For The 23rd...i Can't Believe Tomorrow Is My Clear liquid Diet.i'm Having Trouble Finding Liquid Gas-x...do They Make Such A Thing?what Do You All Use? Thanks Again.....i Am Soooooooscared

I think the GasX only comes in the strips and chewables. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Were you banded today the 23rd? Don't be scared...you have us to support you!!!

Oh, I Am So Confused, I Was Thinking About All The May People Being Banded Today,and Sending Prayers Up...no,3 Loves,my Day Is The 25th,this Thursday,day After Tomorrow...ok,thanks, I Saw The chewables In Gas-x.better Load Up.thanks For The Good Wishes,i Just Wish It Was Over!!!!!!!

Oh, I Am So Confused, I Was Thinking About All The May People Being Banded Today,and Sending Prayers Up...no,3 Loves,my Day Is The 25th,this Thursday,day After Tomorrow...ok,thanks, I Saw The chewables In Gas-x.better Load Up.thanks For The Good Wishes,i Just Wish It Was Over!!!!!!!

Now your starting to sound like me. :heh: I just posted how I lost brain cells during child birth. You will be fine!! You are in good company here!! Glad you found the GasX....it's a must have.

Omg 3 Loves...i Just Noticed You Are The Day After Me!!!!!!and Im Here Downing On You.....i Will Be Strong....wish You Were Going To Be In The Room Next To Mine!!!!but,we're A Couple Of States Away.we' Shall Both Look Forward To The Weekend!!!!hugs....

Hi Jim,

This is Cathy, from Fayetteville. You might want to go with the INAMED because you don't have anyone nearby to fill the Swedish band. I chose the Swedish band based on different factors, but the main one was if I could get a fill nearby. There is someone about 2 hrs drive from me who has worked with Dr. R before and will fill the Swedish bands.

As I said before, you have to weigh the differences and make your decision based on those. As for the INAMED going only 3/4 the way around, I only told you what Dr. R told me. You should email or call Dr. R and ask him about it. He said that he has had a higher complication rate with the INAMED band than with the Swedish and the Swedish is more flexible. I'm hoping the Swedish band will be approved in the US in the near future. But in the meantime, I have someone to do my fills. If I have problems, even if I had the INAMED, I would probably fly down to Dr. R anyway to get the problem fixed. So those were my deciding factors.

Good luck with your banding! :D

Cathy

Hello Everyone... 3 days to goooo, and I get BANDED! :) I just have one question for the expert banders here. I'm still undecided on which band I want. I'm getiing mine done in Monterry, Mexico. So I have a choice between the Swedish or the popular one here in the States, the INAMED. I have been told that my Dr. prefers the Swedish band over the INAMED. Another bandster that just got banded by my Dr. told her the reason he prefers the Swedish is that the swedish goes all the way around the stomach, whereas the INAMED only goes 3/4 the way around!?? Is this TRUE ?

If it only goes 3/4th the way around, then how the heck does it work!! :eek: I have been leaning towards the INAMED, only because the only person I can find to do the fills, only fills INAMED bands not the Swedish. Any help on assisting me on making my Band choice would be greatly appreicated. What are the Pros and Cons of each? Thanks Jim ** A Soon to be BANDIT**:clap2:

Omg 3 Loves...i Just Noticed You Are The Day After Me!!!!!!and Im Here Downing On You.....i Will Be Strong....wish You Were Going To Be In The Room Next To Mine!!!!but,we're A Couple Of States Away.we' Shall Both Look Forward To The Weekend!!!!hugs....

Oh sweetie, your not downing on me. You are doing exaclty what you should be doing....coming here for support. Too bad we can't all go in the same place together. Boy, some of us would probably turn that hospital upside down.:heh:

Thanks Cathy for the info, I think I have decided to go with the INAMED Band!:eek: . Flying out tomorrow, and Banded on Thursday!:faint: :clap2:

ive just been looking at a before and after picture thread....WOW......i'm now rediscovering why i wanted this so badly. that and to be able to walk without breathing hard and my back killing me!!!!thanks so very miuch,3loves

UPDATED 5/25/06

May 1st

sleepyjean

Hippo's Hope

LindaV

justduckie

txpeach

May 2nd

Velvetkiss

DrewsLou

May 3rd

kelli

louie

Judy Ann

May 4th

mychevygirl

TIDGE

lululacy

Angie71

Trip2bme

May 5th

Londoner

May 8th

Poster Child

laurapar

May 9th

Seminole

Marianne TN

Stitchy

dawner119

slwc

lorri

May 10th

missnikki

JJinLA

trinsong

May 11th

babyjane

Karma2

michelletur (approved waiting for confirmation of surgery date)

bitteroldhag

papajoe

mama-anna

May 12th

heresdeb

TwinkleLiL Star

AMF101

wiggygiggy

4MyFuture

missyfan

Letty

May 15th

Scout

RmichaelsAZ

MarcyD

maebeth

BeeJay

May 16th

JillN

Gettinghealthy

jewels411

May 17th

anewlife

cathmo

msj0028

MJK Media

Angelator

May 18th

marz88

jboy

medussa

ARVEL

May 19th

Mvpo8961

May 22nd

taxgirl

Wannalosealot

Awasaf

meedy8r

tincat

towrecovery

May 23rd

jcbydesign

Mystijen

lotsofkids

May 24th

dascjp1 & sister

May 25th

junglejim

FREE-TO-BE

Murphles

Tracyd

cookinjillie

May 26th

Kim2bhealthy

CLOE

3loves

GreatDame

sisterfunkhaus

lady29bug

May27th

CATCHUP

Kelly Girl

May30th

outdoorgrl

May 31st

escudero012004

kato

MarionJean

I'm still adding so if you know anyone that wants on the calendar tell them to post a reply and I'll add them.

M

Thanks Kim2behealthy,and Everyone Else On The Good Wishes For The 23rd...i Can't Believe Tomorrow Is My Clear liquid Diet.i'm Having Trouble Finding Liquid Gas-x...do They Make Such A Thing?what Do You All Use? Thanks Again.....i Am Soooooooscared

i would check in the baby section of your store. I know I had to use that kind of stuff for my kids...and I think that would be more gentle on our systems as well.

Hey, everyone, I just though I'd let you May Bandsters know how glad I am to have you here!! I look forward to my 30 minutes on this site learning and getting to know you all. You have each become a happy part of my day. Just wanted to thank you!! :hug: