Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Have Not Had A Fill In Years And Nervous About Calling Dr.

I had lapband surgery several years ago (2008) I went regularly for visits up until the last 3 years and I just honestly had not been able to afford a dr visit. I had almost all the Fluid removed last time I went to Dr because of overfill and I was supposed to go back and get a bit more to get me back to the green zone. A lot of stuff was happening in my personal life at the time I went through a severe depression. I am just now getting around to really caring about myself again. I believe I need a fill because I do not get full very fast but I do have to eat slowly or food feels like it gets stuck in my throat. I am wanting to see if anyone else has experienced not getting a fill for years like I have and then gotten a fill.

I just wonder

1. What is the experience like after not getting a fill for so many years.

2. Why do I not feel full as quickly as I did when I was in the green zone yet I still have to eat slowly or food feels stuck in my throat? (is this normal)

Thank you for any answers.

Can't answer your questions , just wanted to welcome you back. Good luck!

Thank you :-)

I wouldn't think it would be any different than it was the first time around, but I don't know.

I think your second question is normal. The band causes some restriction even empty.

I wouldn't worry much. He will probably start replacing your fill slowly. Who knows, as finicky as the band is maybe it won't take much.

Good Luck and Welcome Back!

I can't answer your questions, Ive been banded 7 months. My advise is call your doctor. What is the worst they will say? We missed you, now lets get you back on track.

Welcome back and good luck! You can do this!

I can relate totally. I was banded 4 years ago. Was super close to goal. Suffered a slip and an unfill a year and a half ago. In the last year and a half my husband had a affair and i opted for divorce becoming a single Mom of 2 young children. I also was laid off from my job and lost my health insurance. I didn't make myself a priority and gained back 50 pounds:-( two Weeks ago i had my aha moment and got a fill. My Dr was supportive. My full was no different than any of the other ones i had. That's the beauty of the band. It's like our best friend....there for us when we need it. You have taken the first step back on the band wagon. Welcome back and good luck on your journey!

Good for you Kerri! It sounds like you're on the right track. Keep us posted.

Thanks i will:-) i go back to my dr next Monday. He have me 5cc because that's where i have been successful in the past. I am making healthier choices and eating smaller portions. Head hunger still gets me but I'm pretty close to me sweet spot!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches