Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Much Were You Able To Eat Before 1St Fill After Swelling Went Down? I'm Hungry ..freaking Out A Bit!

how hungry were you after swelling went down but before first fill? how much food did you eat at a time? any ideas for tricks not to eat too much? freaking out a little bit that I wont eat well prior to my 1st fill... not eatting things i shouldnt and I am not eatting too much by most standards but banded people are different.

Hello

I was banded on July 9th and go for my first fill tomorrow....so when I went for post op appt 2 wks ago the nutritionist said these weeks are trial and error weeks...try stuff see what you can and can't eat....I try not to eat more then 1 cup of food at a time....and very very slowly....

I look forward to not feeling hungy with less food....although all eyes on me on Friday I have a wedding to attend however good news I am down 34 lbs and was size 26/28 and dress wearing on Friday is 2X

how hungry were you after swelling went down but before first fill? how much food did you eat at a time? any ideas for tricks not to eat too much? freaking out a little bit that I wont eat well prior to my 1st fill... not eatting things i shouldnt and I am not eatting too much by most standards but banded people are different.

We call it band hell....you're so not hungry at all and a switch flips and suddenly you are starving. IT SUCKS!!!!! I drank Water all day long in an attempt not to eat. Thank God It only kicked in a week before my puréed foods started! I lived off retried Beans after that, only purée that really stuck with me.

I am seven days post op. I had 10 days of Protein shakes and 3 days of Clear liquids before surgery. I hated it, but was not as hungry as I thought I would be. I have heard a lot of the banded hell once the swelling goes away and before your first fill. I have decided if I get to that point, I will convert to the 3 shakes a day and only eat green veggies if I must chew, like brocolli and cut out all carbs except the carbs that are in my shake. If I survived for 10 days on the shakes and survived the 3 days of clear liquid, I can go back to that. I know from being a career dieter, that if you cut your carbs out you will not be as hungry.

Just my therory. I will see when it happens to me if this theory works.

I was banded in December and was so hungry and tired of holding back, I attacked a bucket of chicken a week post op. (Hey, if i had self control i wouldnt need the band)

Hang in there it gets better.

I only lost 20 pounds in the first few months after surgery, but once i found my sweet spot i am losing a consistent 2 pounds a week and now I am in heaven.

Dont worry, you are normal, and all of our individual experiences with the band are different.

From being on the board here I see that every doctor is different. I was banded on 6/27/12 and went for my first fill today. At the time of surgery they filled my band with 4cc's...so today they filled me with half of cc. I was instructed to go back on liquids for 24 hours....then 2 days of shakes 3x's a day....then 2 days of mushy/soft then back on food. They want to see me back in two weeks to see how its going. Trying to find that "sweet spot" as SandyMax puts it :) Before today I had to stop myself when I was eating and yes....I was/am HUNGRY!!!I Im hoping that we find the right fit soon....I dont think this is gonna do it for me....lol. I have lost a total of 27lbs in 6 weeks but of course I am anxious for more to come off lol. Just one day at a time :)

Whew! I thought I was the only one who was starving! I am about 3 1/2 wks post-op and Im starving!! I do minimum of 2 Protein Shakes a day, Protein Water, greek yogurt, broth and of course water, water, water. Wasnt scheduled for my first fill until 9/26, but dont think I can make it that long so they made it for next week. After reading the other responses regarding 'banded hell', I think Im there! And Im scared if I dont get a fill soon Im going to blow this (already lost 17lbs). This is tougher than I thought it was gonna be..but Im in it for the long haul! My health matters to me, and I wanna at least see my grandchildren get married :D