Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Baton Rouge LOUISIANA!!!!

Wow first time seeing somebody from BR, La. Where are/were you banded?

Sent from my iPad using LapBandTalk

Yes, I guess you would say that. I first went to Dr. Fox's office. I was self-pay so didn't have any hoops to jump thru. My surgery was at the Surgical Clinic of Richardson which is True Results and they will be doing my aftercare.

Yes' date=' I guess you would say that. I first went to Dr. Fox's office. I was self-pay so didn't have any hoops to jump thru. My surgery was at the Surgical Clinic of Richardson which is True Results and they will be doing my aftercare.[/quote']

When were you banded and how much was it? Is that Richardson Tx?

Name, real or screen~Jami

Goal weight for September 29th~to be down 30 lbs from surgery date

Weight on September 1st~???

Age~30

Dietary goal for September~get at least 60g of Protein, 64oz of Water a day, and not overeat

Exercise goal for September~start swimming at least 2 days a week and workout at least 4 days a week at 30 minutes a day

Personal goal for September~To do my best to follow the dietary rules

Date banded~ August 22, 2012

Total weight loss since banding/pre op diet~14lb as of the week after surgery

What is your favorite Fall Activity?~Football and Halloween

Yes, Richardson, Tx. It was right at $9000, I think. I went thru CareCredit. My insurance said I wasn't fat enough, go figure. At the time I inquired, I was 222lbs. 5'5" with two comorbidities of high blood pressure and high cholesterol. Just got tired of the hassle. I was afraid if I did the appeal thing, I would either chicken out or give up. So, I went the self-pay route. My price includes 1 yr. of fills. True Results also has different options after your year of fills to pay for other fills.

So I definitely don't want to sound un appreciative or come across as an unrealistic person but is anyone else from our August group feeling a little down with weight loss/food now that the "dust has settled"?? Banded August 15th and the scale was moving down everyday until a little over a week ago and then came to a halt. I have been walking 2 to 3 miles daily and although my appetite is more than it was right after surgery I'm still not eating more than 1100 calories a day. I'm also trying real hard to wrap my head around not being so caught up with food. I was always such a volume eater that this is a bit more challenging than I thought. Or should I say, I thought I was more prepared than I actually am. I have purchased several books but I like coming here for the added support. Please tell me I'm not alone!!!!

@Roxygirl: I've only been banded for a short time (8/31), but I have. a lapband friend (at goal) who told me not to expect weight loss during your body's healing phase, which you are actually still in. She said the weight loss journey seems to begin after your first fill. Try and be more patient with yourself. Continue everything you're doing (I read your blog tonight and you're doing awesome) and I'm told our weight loss WILL happen! Best wishes!! :)

P.S. I had one of those "I feel so much thinner" days and when I jumped on the scale I was up 1 lb. I actually laughed because I thought it served me right. Ha. I vowed to weigh myself once a week -no more. :)

Yes' date=' Richardson, Tx. It was right at 9000, I think. I went thru CareCredit. My insurance said I wasn't fat enough, go figure. At the time I inquired, I was 222lbs. 5'5" with two comorbidities of high blood pressure and high cholesterol. Just got tired of the hassle. I was afraid if I did the appeal thing, I would either chicken out or give up. So, I went the self-pay route. My price includes 1 yr. of fills. True Results also has different options after your year of fills to pay for other fills.[/quote']

That is my plan care credit but I'm afraid they won't approve me. I'm having all types of fear, the other is my BMI is borderline of making me qualify so it's like I wanna hurry and have it done before I lose any weight. Which I was trying to do on my own for million time in my life. I said whenever I have my consult I would wear heavy clothes so the scale will say more. Since you were not that heavy how many days did you have to do liquids before your surgery?

Yes' date=' Richardson, Tx. It was right at 9000, I think. I went thru CareCredit. My insurance said I wasn't fat enough, go figure. At the time I inquired, I was 222lbs. 5'5" with two comorbidities of high blood pressure and high cholesterol. Just got tired of the hassle. I was afraid if I did the appeal thing, I would either chicken out or give up. So, I went the self-pay route. My price includes 1 yr. of fills. True Results also has different options after your year of fills to pay for other fills.[/quote']

How many days did you have to do liquids since you were not that big? Was it hard to get approved with care credit? I have decent credit not perfect but I fear not getting approved.

Good morning, ladymarshall! I didn't have to do any liquid diet prior to surgery. My doctor requires South Beach Diet, Phase 1 for 7-10 days. However, I did it from Aug1-31(surgery day). I lost 14 lbs in that month. The last 5 days, I followed it to a t, except for one glass of nice red wine the night before surgery. CareCredit should not be a problem for you if your credit is good. Nice thing about it is they will let you know within five minutes. You can apply online and will get approval online, which is great. Also, if they don't approve you for full amount, you will then know how much you will need to come up with to make the difference. The one thing is that if you apply and then don't use the card for a year, they cancel it, which I found out three days before surgery! I freaked out and had to reapply! You may also check your bank, if that's an option for you. Good luck with your process and keep in touch!

Glad to see you are doing well LiveStrong41...my same-day surgery buddy! Roxygirl, I have two scales, neither of which is very good and six lbs. different. I have only lost about 5lbs. According to them, since surgery on 8/31. I've only been walking for 30 minutes for 2 days, though, I go back for first visit with surgeon on Wed. First fill on 9/28. Frustrating, I know, but hoping it will get better. Have a great day everyone!

@Roxygirl: I've only been banded for a short time (8/31), but I have. a lapband friend (at goal) who told me not to expect weight loss during your body's healing phase, which you are actually still in. She said the weight loss journey seems to begin after your first fill. Try and be more patient with yourself. Continue everything you're doing (I read your blog tonight and you're doing awesome) and I'm told our weight loss WILL happen! Best wishes!! :)

Thank you!! I am trying to have more patience. That's something I've never really been good at unfortunately <_<

So I decided to scale my walking down a bit and see if that makes a difference. I use to be a runner. In 2010 I ran 3 half marathons and eventually gave it all up because I never saw a budge on the scale and became so frustrated with all my hard work. Sounds crazy, I know! Maybe I am just one of those that's body holds on for dear life to weight if it burns more calories than it gets a day. I don't know. I sure wish I had the answers!

So I definitely don't want to sound un appreciative or come across as an unrealistic person but is anyone else from our August group feeling a little down with weight loss/food now that the "dust has settled"?? Banded August 15th and the scale was moving down everyday until a little over a week ago and then came to a halt. I have been walking 2 to 3 miles daily and although my appetite is more than it was right after surgery I'm still not eating more than 1100 calories a day. I'm also trying real hard to wrap my head around not being so caught up with food. I was always such a volume eater that this is a bit more challenging than I thought. Or should I say, I thought I was more prepared than I actually am. I have purchased several books but I like coming here for the added support. Please tell me I'm not alone!!!!

Hey Rox,

I haven't lost any weight in three days -- banded 8/27. I think (gulp!) I've been eating too few calories -- sometimes not able to eat over 700 or 800 a day. Really trying to make myself eat LOTS of Protein now (protein first!) and try to get up to 1100. I also have NOT been exercising. But I agree with LiveStrong -- the journey doesn't really begin until we get that first fill -- our bodies are still healing! The weight loss we've gotten in the last few weeks is just an appetizer (to use a bad comparison LOL), the meal hasn't even started yet!

Blue