Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A thread for super-sized bandsters - starting BMI over 50?

hi, everybody--i haven't posted for a while....i have been doing good since surgery. i started liquid diet on may 1st--lost 21.5 lbs by surgery on the 11th. i believe i have lost at least 10 more lbs. in the last 2 weeks. i started yesterday with soft foods. that made me happy!! i started with a 65BMI and hope to see it drop and drop and drop. i have had a few tiny NSV'S since coming home. i am much more comfortable in my van's seat. my size 14 underwear is very baggy, i have lots less edema in my legs, and my liesure bra i have been wearing since surgery because of a n incision, is now very loose. yea, me!! i have size 52 I boobs--the more they shrink, the better !!! and also, my incisions have all healed and look very good--very tiny except for the port one. i am going to sign up for Water aerobics classes for a month or so--hope to start in another week or two. even though i will be wearing a matching seersucker capri and top set instead of a swimsuit, i do not feel embarrassed, just excited to be able to go. i have bad arthritis and need knee surgery, this will be very good for my joints. i still have about another 160-170 lbs. to lose. oh, yea, i am also off of my wellbutrin (for depression) since my surgery. i am hardly taking any diuretics, just 2 or 3 times a week as needed. i am glad that everyone on this thread understands my super-sized issues. hope everyone enjoys the holiday weekend. :biggrin1: :biggrin1: :biggrin1:

Hi babyjane, I don't know where you're at size-wise, but you might want to check out Junonia. Their aquatard is perfect for aquarobics, and they carry shortskinis (my pers fav for Water aerobics) that wear & fit just like long shorts & a tank top. :cake:

Here's a link to the aquatards if you're interested.

Hello All .

This is a group for me...I need and will loose alot of weight . I am just two weeks out and feel hungry. Have to wait 4 weeks more til fill. I have to be mentally strong not to eat anything as I do not feel any restriction at all....lets all keep in touch..

WOWOWOW I soooo love this thread! lol:clap2:

OK my run down: at banding i was 397 dont know what bmi was. I am 5'8 and now 2 weeks post op i am at 385

my goal is 180 but i have lots of little ones in between lol

I cant even remember the 100's!!!! SO when i hit 199 ill prolly pass right out!:faint: haha

im losing mine so i can "adapt" to society lol i am tired of having to miss out of things in life i want to do..tired of havign to worry about where i will sit when i go out..my health is ok FOR NOW but i have lots of illnesses in my family that i dont want my weight to help move them to me faster lol

I am beautiful and always have been very self confident too much sometimes it drives my daughter nuts LOL but i need to be smaller to make sure i can full fill everything in life and stay healthy!:cake:

Oh and BTW i have a digital scale that goes up to 440lbs! AND!!!! IT TALKS TO YOU! so i dont have to try and look over my belly and see weight! It will say "hello" when you touch it then "im ready" when its set for you to get on..then it will tell you your weight and when you step off it says "goodbye" lol my cats set it off alot!

ANyway i got it off ebay for like 30 bucks! its called "MYWEIGH XL440" and it can read KG's for those who use that.

Ive had it over 2 years and its awesome! it gives you like 387.6 in readings so you have exact weight not just the main number.

Good luck everyone!

Love christy:kiss2:

I haven't been here for a while either. I had my band put in on Tues. 5/23/06. Everything went great, little to no pain. I have had some of that roving gas pain in my left shoulder, collarbone area. Man, that hurts! I've not been hungry until today, I had Ensure and hot tea for Breakfast and my stomach is growling. I brought chicken broth and Jello for lunch. It's hard to do liquids when I work my 2nd job. I can keep a drink with me, but the freezer and microwave are upstairs. I have to get someone to answer the phone for me to go upstairs. I was hoping that the band would keep me from getting hungry but I think it must have been just because I was swollen from surgery. Guess I'll find out in a couple of days... Hello to all the bigguns on here, me included.:grouphug: That just means we will be big loosers!! In a good way!!:clap2:

thanks for the junonia link wheetsin. i get a catalog from them once or twice a year, but i cannot afford anything in their catalog although i like the clothes and all the big ladies who model them. but, you gave me an idea, i do have a pair of bike shorts i usually wear around the house. i have not had them on in about 2 yrs or so. i tried them on this morning and they fit! maybe those with a different kind of top will be better in the pool. thanks !! :biggrin1:

Hello again,

Well the scale has stayed the same for the last two weeks and I must confess it got me down today a little :cry Still, I have my 2nd fill scheduled next week and hubby is going to order me a treadmill on Monday so I can walk more.

I haven't been eating badly (as in food choices) but am suffering from "one more bite" syndrome! I have no feelings of restriction or fullness and only stop myself from eating too much by moving away from any food left in my little bowl when I decide enough is enough.

I knew this could happen but after having such an easy time of it for the first two months it's come as a bit of a shock. Let's hope that scale starts it's downward trend again real soon.

Keep up the good work folks :clap2:

I'm so glad to have this thread. I can share this with you guys and know you'll understand!

Today the scale registered 329. This was somewhat of a memorable SV for me as it occurred to me that most scales would now weigh me. Most home scales only weigh to 330. Before I bought my obesity scale that weighs to 440, all I got was an error message. Alas, no more!

2 more lbs and my BMI willl leave the 60s for good. Then 27 lbs from there to Twoterville. If only I could snap my fingers!

Take care and Happy Memorial Day.

Hey folks.

My highest weight was 333, which gave me a BMI of 50.6 Preop I was 315, which is a BMI of 47.9. Now I'm down to about 287-290, which is a BMI of about 43-44.

I started this with 177 lbs. excess body weight. To be honest, I'm not sure of my eventual goal weight. My idea is around 160-200, to be narrowed when I'm closer.

I've been kicking ass (if I do say so myself), but this weekend I was a little off the wagon. I tried to keep my principles good (don't overeat, still do 80% protein/20% carb), but it still was not everyday-eating (plus I didn't journal like I normally do).

Anyway, this morning I got on the scale and it looks like it moved up. But still, it looks like I lost 5 inches this week, so I'm thinking/hoping that's just muscle being heavier than fat. Either way, I'm definitely back to boot camp today. I'm actually ready for it, I'm so excited to jump back on that elliptical later. And I have lots of high-protein low-carb goodies to eat.

So anyway, this is my new favorite thread.

309 yesterday, 312 today. I worked outside in the yard all day yesterday and again today, and drank I don't know how many hundreds of ounces of Water, so I'm not weighing again until my body has time to catch up, figure out how much of this Water it really needs, and drop the rest.

We are kicking booty, gals! (and the occasional guy)

As soon as my scale is back to under 310 I think I'm going to make the drive out to my surgeon's and see what his scale registers, since that's the closest I have to a true number... but it's only partially true because it doesn't account for gain between consultation and surgery date (I WISH they weighed us on surgery day!)

Pfunkem - did he take before pics of you? Some said he did, others say he didn't... of course, we've all had to sign about 12 consent forms either way. (BTW, every time I see your username I get "Cool Joe" or "Flashlight" stuck in my head for at least 2 days).

Yeah, I had pics taken at my second consultation, on 4/17/06.

I was weighed morning of surgery at Heartland. I came up at 311, when my home scale consistently said 315. So who knows.

I did drag my butt to the gym and do 40 minutes on the elliptical (20 min. hill climb, 20 min total body interval). I"m also going to do some arm exercises and use the thighmaster. I'm also going to try to do 20gm of carbs or less the next three days - detox & kick my body's butt a bit. Starting out with 177 lbs. excess weight, I feel like I have to kick my own ass to make sure I get it off!

Well according to my doctors scale today I am at a 53.4 BMI. Guess this is where I belong hugh??? I am UP to 304 from 296 back in September.

Not too bad for six months of "last meals". But what really gets me is that I am UP 5lbs since I have been on Myocel!!! CRAZY!!!!

Will be banded Monday... I hope... I may run away before then...

I am 2 weeks post-op and have started soft foods. It is going pretty well, although I overdid the carbs a little this weekend. They don't seem to bother my band the way they sometimes do other peeps. Too bad, I guess, since carbs are my favorite!

I have lost 18 pounds as of this morning! Think I'll go ride my recumbent bike some more. Did 4 miles yesterday.

Can't wait to hit Twoterville!!!!

Yeahhhhh Poodles MONDAY IS THE BIG DAY!!!!!!

I haven't posted here in a minute but I do come and read. Everyone is moving forward and down. YEAHHHH

I can't believe it but I will be in simi normal numbers in a minute. My first success is just getting into the 300's.

Think I'll go ride my recumbent bike some more. Did 4 miles yesterday. Can't wait to hit Twoterville!!!!

Marcy,

Wanna race to Twoterville? It might help us both get there a little quicker and I'm giving you a 7 lb head start!

Wink,