Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

i understand that Protein is first. veggies 2nd and so on...

i am beginning to understand the 1/2 to not eating over 3/4 to 1 cup food (4oz protein)..choose/make good choices with foods

question:

do we count calories and fat grams as well?

my nutritionist gave me a (diet) of sorts but reading the many different posts on here, seems everyone has different (diets).

Always listen to your own nutritionist and surgeon. They know you and your body. Others haev different body and different guidelines per their staff of people. Good luck, I know that my surgeon wants me to stay under 1200 calories to lose anymore because I am in maintenance. But, normally 1200-1400 should be enough to lose weight. I don't count but know if and when I go above my proper number. I have been banded for almost 3 years. Good wishes to you, Karen

I do count calories/carbs/fiber....not so much the fat just because I choose lean meats and it really shouldn't be an issue. I log everything....sometimes we get selective memory when the scale doesn't move....we forget the extra hundred calories we have been consuming everyday. I hope that when I have lost theses last 24pounds that I will be able to settle in and not count eveything...but until I have restriction and have met my goal I am very much on a strict diet.

Of course you have to follow your surgeon's rules............ That being said, mine didn't have me count calories.....or anything else really. I have not counted since day one. If you feel better about "dieting and counting" then you should count and track. During the journey we all have to find what works for us personally. If counting and tracking works for you, then you should do it. With proper restriction, I think it's a waste of time, but that is just how it has worked for me.

I don't count calories, or measure! That's why I got the band.. I eat Protein first don't drink with meals and let the band do its job. May not work for all but it works for me. I'm down 45 pounds in a little over three months. hardest thing for me is learning to eat SLOWLY.!!!! Still struggle with that one.

I didn't count the first few years but I had to do something to lose the last 30 pounds. I did WW and now that I am at goal I monitor my food closer than ever. I had to get a partial unfill and I immediately gained a few pounds. I have to count points or I will gain weight. It seems that those that track in some way do better in the long run than those that don't.

Good luck to you!

I wasn't counting till just recently. I was playing with the same couple of pounds so was getting mad.

I started using myfitnesspal.com and now stay at or around 1200 calories and watch my carbs,fats and Protein intake.

I have started losing again, last week I was down over 4 pounds. Hoping for 2 pounds a week.

I declined a fill last month and just started doing the daily tracking. I am still undecided if I need a fill in a couple of weeks. I guess if I am tracking and eating the right foods I can still lose without one.