Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Trying To Get Back On Track

I have found www.myfitnesspal.com helped me figure out how many calories I needed each day to meet my weekly weight loss. I am at 1100 calories a day

I was wondering if you could tell me, if your comfortable, how much you lose while esting 1100 calories. I know everyone is different but I'm just cureous.

It's Awesome you post this and are being very honest !! I would say cut down on the Liquid Protein and try to eat more solid proteins.For me it makes ne full faster and stay full longer although u may not get as much Protein in as u have from drinking but it should be sufficient and it can decrease thee calories and snacking !! Goodluck !:-)

I was wondering if you could tell me' date=' if your comfortable, how much you lose while esting 1100 calories. I know everyone is different but I'm just cureous.[/quote']

Right now without a fill I have lost 18 pounds in a month Hope that helps

This is what is called "Bandster Hell". We all get to go through it in the earliest stages :wacko: It takes a few fills or more before you begin to notice the difference. There is a time of recovery from the surgery and then the fills before you'll be chugging along with the band working with you hand in hand - with you making good food choices. It's hard to wait when you see your gastric bypass friends dropping pounds left and right while you are struggling not to gnaw on your own arm in hunger. But it's so worth it in the long run. EVERY ONE of my GB friends has gained ALL their weight back. None of my bandster friends have that record. We are all doing so much better because we can get a tune-up when we need it. They can't. And they gave up their stomachs to do so.

I came into this with an eye to the long haul and a desire to be as healthy as possible and I was discouraged at first, too. I recently celebrated my 1st bandiversary, and I can look back with such gratitude. I didn't loose as much weight as some and more than a few others, but that's not what I look at. I look at the fact that I'm 70 lbs lighter and feel so amazing. I have a new life and I'm not wasting it. I eat better than I ever have and I no longer think about food all the time. I have a fighting chance to get to my goal weight as long as I choose to eat right, exercise and get fills as I need them. My band does not control that - I do.

One of the things that does not seem to be explained very well to those of us who decide to band is the simple fact that it isn't simply a matter of having the band installed and then we are off on our weight loss journey. Bandster Hell is survivable. Honest! Hang in there!

You've already lost 27 lbs? That's fantastic! Cut yourself some slack - you are doing terrific! You are 10 lbs ahead of where I was at the same spot!

Blessings!

The thing is, food addiction is just as real as any other addiction. In some ways it's the worst addiction there is, because an alcoholic can never drink again but we have to eat to live, so every day we're faced with our demon over and over again.

It does get much easier once you have good restriction, however even perfect restriction doesn't cure head hunger. Have you possibly considered a counselor to help you over-come the head hunger and food addiction? I really think it would help considerably.

Best wishes to you and hang in there.

I was banded on may 1 and I am losing weight very very slowly and I know it's because of my issues. I have yet to cut out things I know I shouldn't be having. It's an addiction. I know what I want to do for myself but sometimes it's just so hard.

I was banded on may 1 and I am losing weight very very slowly and I know it's because of my issues. I have yet to cut out things I know I shouldn't be having. It's an addiction. I know what I want to do for myself but sometimes it's just so hard.

It is do very hard and we have all been there and always have to battle. I was addicted to cherry flavored red licorice. I could knock down 2-3 pounds a week. Finally had hypnosis which worked but then got hooked on Diet Pepsi wild Cherry. I could drink a 2 liter bottle a day without an effort. Post band on June 5 I went cold turkey and am working hard not to pick up another addiction. It is hard but right now I want to get healthy more than I want to eat. So hang in there