Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

R U a NASCAR Fan...Let's Talk!

I've been seeing more avatars and posts about Nascar so thought I would start a thread. I've been going through withdrawals since CA and the MX race didn't do much for me.

Smoke is my man.....how about the rest of you? I would like to get to know all the fans out there so we can talk about the race. Can't wait till 4PM on Sunday!!!

post-205997-13813132978163_thumb.gif

Our boy Cassey Kane.. The hometown boy! We are just big fans so we love most all of them... Looking forward to race day! My husband raced for about 15 yrs at the local tracks in Washington state.. That is one thing I always wanted to do was to take a lap around the track in the car but as you can guess there was no way I could get in or out of the car... Looking forward to race day!!!!!!

I was banded on dec.30,05 in Shelton,Wa. I'm having some compationsbut going to get it taken care shortly, as far as nascar I don't have any curtain driver but I like Kasey Kahne would like to see him win more but he is new. watch racing every week end from friday to sunday.

Thank god we are back to racin' having withdrawal also. I either watch it every weekend or TIVO is activated if I have to work. Course you can't tell who my driver is:confused: , duh. I just hope he does better in the race then he did qualifying, bout spunner her out...aarrgghhh...Got several good race venues coming up. :clap2: Well GO DALE JR.... My second favorite of course is Jr's buddy SMOKE....

I've been seeing more avatars and posts about Nascar so thought I would start a thread. I've been going through withdrawals since CA and the MX race didn't do much for me.

Smoke is my man.....how about the rest of you? I would like to get to know all the fans out there so we can talk about the race. Can't wait till 4PM on Sunday!!!

[ATTACH]3806[/ATTACH]

I am a huge NASCAR fan and am right now wearing my newest Tony Stewart champion 2005 T-shirt. (SMOKE rules) I have 2 of the new ones...got them on race day on QVC when Tony was on and I got to talk to him on the air. Be still my heart!! It was one of the highlights of my life. I have a nephew that works in the pit for Tony Stewart and I am leaving for Tennessee in Apr. It will be the first time I've attended a NASCAR race in person, although I'm glued to the TV set for qualifying and for the race...no one bothers me...phone goes off the hook and life is on hold for that 3 hours (if all goes well). I love Tony Stewart's "I don't give a darn attitute" that got him the bad boy of NASCAR name, but he has turned into a genuinely likeable person, and not too tough on the eyes. He does seem to be putting on a little pudge (but he can still climb fences alright). I see the #20 in your logo, and hoped it was for Tony. I absolutely adore the guy, and you can never be too old to admire Tony. He has it going on!! I hate sharing him with anyone, but I'll share him with you.

Here in Idaho no one has a clue what NASCAR is. I got hooked in Tennessee which is where I spend most of my winters, and where I'm having my surgery done. There are race tracks all over and we have reservations well in advance. My nephew in the pit crew is going to try and get me an introduction if possible, but I know how busy Tony is. I would probably melt into a big puddle at his feet.

Actually, I truly believe he is the best NASCAR driver on the circuit bar no one. (I can't stand Girly Gordon), but do like Jimmy Johnson, Dale Jarrett and a few others, but NOT like I adore Tony Stewart.

So glad you started this thread. People stop me in Walmart here and say "Hey is that guy a singer"...I politely say NO that is Rod Stewart...what a bunch of dummies. Can't wait to hit the south again where they all know what NASCAR is and know all the drivers and cars by name and number (which I do too).:confused:

Kasey Kahne is a cutey for sure!! I think he's dating Terry Labonte's daughter. Do I remember that correctly from last year?

My husband is also a Stewart fan, my dad Jarrett, mom Gordo, brother Jimmie Johnson, brother anything Dodge, the "smart" brother Stewart. :heh: We pretty much cover the track on race day. I have my boys convinced that Smoke is the best thing behind a wheel.

~tacwoman~ What races are you going to this year? The only one we've been to was Daytona a couple of years ago when Jr came in first and Smoke was second. It was a great experience. I think Jr will be fine Sun and according to DW, he should come to the front pretty fast.

~Doty~ You sound like me on race day...I don't answer the phone and the Tivo is on just incase my boys interrupt as preschoolers do at times. My husband is wonderful b/c he'll take them downstairs or outside so I can watch the race. Click this link and you'll see that they are Smoke fans also: http://www.sellersourcebook.net/users/2818/bnd_ts.jpg

I am so jealous that you talked to Smoke!!! :confused: I bet that was just the greatest. I would probaby melt too if I ever met him face to face. How neat that your nephew is on his pit crew. What does he do and would I see him on TV? Be sure and post a pic if you get to meet Smoke!

You know, I think he's gaining weight b/c I've heard him say in interviews that he eats Big Macs everyday.....that would do it for sure. Doesn't matter to me either, I love him regardless. Thanks for sharing him with me!! Life without Smoke would be sad. :think

Thanks for the best laugh of the day.....those people from Idaho are too funny. They think Stewart is "Rod" huh? Sad but funny. :heh:

This ad was in our newspaper for Bristol tickets. I am sad that I can't take them, but it's just not a good time. Since it was in the paper, I didn't mind posting the info here incase someone may be interested. I have no idea who this is and cannot vouch for these in anyway, so use your own judgement.

Bristol March 26th.....Face Value....$122 each.....Call 260-897-2127 or 260-705-5371.

I've always wanted to go to Bristol. I would prefer the fall race though. Anyone out there been to Bristol? Would LOVE to hear about it.

3loves: those boys are adorable....

I will probably not get to go the any races this year as we are in Alaska, little far away. Soon as we move down south again want to definately go to Talledaga, Bristol or Daytona...Also wouldnt mind going to Charlotte, bound to run into some racin boys there since most have homes around there...

Well Fixin to go watch Busch Race talk to ya later...

Good luck tomorrow

Obviously I love Nascar too! We actually go every year to Dallas for the Dickies/Sharpie 500! We just got two races last year! This year I am scheduled for my first fill which is April 6 and that is also race weekend so i am having some real issues if i should change my appointment. i want to be able to see Carl Edwards win that race and not have to worry about anything.

NASCAR rocks! We love going to the races. We actually camp there usually beginning Weds and come home on Monday. It is one of our family yearly vacations (without the kids of course). We have about 20 people that we camp with every year. It is a great time. This year 6 of us couples have agreed that we will do Talladega in October then Texas again in November!

I really love Mark Martin but since this is his last year, I needed to find another RR driver to root for!

Kj

I have the Busch race on too. I'm keeping one eye on the tube and one on the computer. Thanks for the compliment on my boys. They are really a handful as you can tell from their smiles. They do get a little confused during the Busch race b/c they look for the orange car. :nervous I try to tell them that Smoke is red for today and will be orange tomorrow.

karenj ~ Wow, you sure go to a lot of races. That is great!! We live 3 hrs from any family, so it's hard to get someone to keep the kids. I think you have a good man in Edwards to replace Martin. I like both of them. I'm surprised Martin isn't running the race tonight. Last year he ran several of them. What is your favorite track or location?

well considering I have only seen Texas live, i'd have to say texas! It is an awe inspiring site! I do like California too! We are fortunate that we have family close. I have a 4 year old son that loves Jr. and Kayse Kane and wants to go to the races so bad. We told him that when he was 6 we'd take him. If you ever get a chance to go to the races you will appreciate the sport even more!

My husband works for Catepillar so we always get great seats and it is the most amazing experience every time! Especially when the stealth bomber flys over! My goodness is it breathtaking!

This ad was in our newspaper for Bristol tickets. I am sad that I can't take them, but it's just not a good time. Since it was in the paper, I didn't mind posting the info here incase someone may be interested. I have no idea who this is and cannot vouch for these in anyway, so use your own judgement.

Bristol March 26th.....Face Value....$122 each.....Call 260-897-2127 or 260-705-5371.

I've always wanted to go to Bristol. I would prefer the fall race though. Anyone out there been to Bristol? Would LOVE to hear about it.

That's what I love about Tennessee is Bristol. My daughter isn't far from there, but we sure don't pay that much for tickets...sounds like scalping. I waited on QVC forever to talk to Tony and then I clammed up....couldn't find words and stumbled all over myself. Fortunately he just laughed. He's going to have to cut out those Big Macs. They aren't any good for his heart and I don't want him not being able to climb in and out the window and climb those fences :confused: I am going to be absolutely tongue tied if I ever get to see him....I know I will turn all shades of red (or maybe they are just hot flashes) and probably not be able to say anything. Tony doesn't have a girlfriend. Sure makes me wish I was younger......way younger, but I love him just the same. I think we paid $75.00 for our Bristol tickets. My nephew is back-up on the gas can for Tony (just in case he backs over the first guy), but he is working his way up there. We are going to sit behind the pit area...not directly...but fairly close so I can see him pull in and out and probably have a stroke about every time. I think he is the very best driver there is, and a clean one at that, if you don't tick him off too bad :eek: Payback is hell isn't it? Do you have the brand new T-shirt with his picture on it and his car and Champion 2005...it's awesome and available on QVC (the shopping channel). Every week they have a NASCAR day on there and have someone different.

I can't wait to get to Tennessee where they know what NASCAR is. You are right about people in Idaho, they don't have a clue about NASCAR. We have no tracks here and the closest I believe is Fontana in California. I've never been there, because I love to go with family and the family is all in Tennessee. We are all SMOKE fans. Hey, there is plenty of him to share.... :D BTW the only reason our tickets are that much is because we are down behind the pit. I know people who pay $25.00 for tickets in the nosebleed section.

well considering I have only seen Texas live, i'd have to say texas! It is an awe inspiring site! I do like California too! We are fortunate that we have family close. I have a 4 year old son that loves Jr. and Kayse Kane and wants to go to the races so bad. We told him that when he was 6 we'd take him. If you ever get a chance to go to the races you will appreciate the sport even more!

My husband works for Catepillar so we always get great seats and it is the most amazing experience every time! Especially when the stealth bomber flys over! My goodness is it breathtaking!

Six yrs sounds like a good age to me as well. I know we will take the boys someday. We are 3 hrs from Indy and I think about 3 hrs from MI Int'l Speedway. My husband is going to see about tickets for the Brickyard. We could take the boys to OH and spend the night in Indy. We'll see how that works out. I actually cried when Tony kissed the bricks last year. I know, a bit much. I couldn't help myself knowing how much that meant to him.

We did go to Daytona a couple of years ago. My heart has never raced so fast in my life. Mikey wrecked right in front of our stand....we were on the super stretch.

It's kind of neat the races you will be attending will be Chase races. The stakes are always higher and action-packed. :confused:

Speaking of Caterpillar, isn't that who Ward Burton used to drive for? I miss him. He was so fun to watch and listen to.

Hi Doty ~ No, I don't have that shirt yet....I will check out QVC. I have 4 TS shirts and one jacket that I bought at Daytona, still NWT b/c it's too small. I bought the largest size they had, 2xl, and it fit more like a 1x. I've kept it with the hopes of wearing it one day....which I will this fall if I get the band soon.

I was wondering about those Bristol tickets. I've heard they are hard to get so I thought that was a normal price. The phone number listed is local, but it does seem high to me as well. I would pay $25 (if I could attend) for a nose bleed seat b/c that is such a small place. I would love to feel that rumble in my chest.

Do you belong to the TS fan club? I've gotten a few shirts from them, but this year didn't have the $$ to renew. I will have to sell some stuff on E-Bay soon to build my racing funds.

Did you see the shirt Smoke wore this weekend while playing poker? It says, "I failed driver's ed". I love his sense of humor!! :heh: