Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Please Help!!!!! I Need A Protein Drink Asap

I need a Protein Drink I can actually get down... I bought some whey Protein powder and needless to say It wont be my source of protein.

Have you ever tried Ensure or Boost??? If so, which one is better by taste ( and I mean actually drinkable and taste good).

If you could please send some advice, stories, recepices, links it would all be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! B)

I get the Pure Protein ready made shakes. 35g of Protein, 170 Calories, 4 carbs. To me they taste like chocolate milk made with soy or rice milk. They are a bit high but I buy mine from Amazon in a subscribe and save to save money. These particular shakes are casein instead of whey, which I don't know if it makes a differences or not but I like them. Here is the link if you would like to research them. There are a bunch of others such as Premier Protein from costco and unjury that you can get online. I haven't tried those but a lot of the people on here have so hopefully you will like some of them. I'm not banded yet but I wanted to get a jump start on all of this and get used to Protein Shakes before my 2 week pre op diet.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_2_12/191-2543229-4466134?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=pure+protein+shake&sprefix=pure+protein%2Caps%2C262

Allik07 - yep, that stuff tastes like dirt. Ensure and Boost has too many carbs and my doctor says to stay away from them. I use unjury Classic chocolate. I put 1 scoop powder in my blender, 1 cup of unsweetened Almond Breeze vanilla Flavored milk, a few ice chips and then I add 1/4 tsp of vanilla extract or 1/4 tsp of coconut extract and whip it up. Tastes like a milk shake - cold and creamy. The one with coconut takes like an Almond Joy. A couple of times I have added 1 tsp of Peanut Butter (tastes like a Reeses cup). I have not tried the vanilla Unjury yet but it should be OK. I cannot stand that stuff mixed with Water so the Almond Breeze was a big help. (40 cal and almost no carbs). I use these about once a week and just after a fill for a couple of days. Find a good powder (like Unjury) and then play with extracts and if your doctor allows it - fruit (mine does not). I was banded 10 months ago - down 95 pounds. Good luck and hope this helps you out. I know how hard it is to find one you can handle. I spent a fortune trying to find one that I didn't gag on.

Melinda in Florida

My favorite are the Premier nutrition drinks from costco. They are low enough in everything to avoid & high enough in Protein & I love them. Back up drinks are EAS advantage from the grocery store.

Premier Protein from Costco/Sams is very good. Boost and other such drinks are not mean to be Protein replacement too high in cals and carbs. The reason they taste good is because they are high in cals. Gold Standard 100% whey Double chocolate and Dymatize Nutrition Elite Gourmet Vanilla are very good. I mixed mine with a blender (froze fat free milk into "Milk Cubes"). You can also add sugar free syrups (found coffee isle), fat/sugar free pudding powder, misc spices. You might want to consider this more of a medical treatment not a fun time at the ice cream joint having a ice cream shake. It is only for a couple weeks. We can handle it for a couple weeks.

I was told no Boost or Ensure, either. Too high of carbs and sugar and not enough Protein.

I also like the unjury. strawberry and vanilla are both yummy but I have the chocolate Splendor for Breakfast every morning. Sometimes just mixed with skim milk, sometimes coffee and skim milk for a delicious DIY Protein mocha.

I really like muscle milk but I've also heard some people say they don't like it so I guess it's just each persons preference. I have not tried boost but I did use the ensure clear right after surgery for the first couple days because I was so nauseous and it helped me get my nutrients.

My doc had me drink carnation instant Breakfast. I like them especially the chocolate. I recently tried Unjury which you can buy online. I heard so many reviews. I have only tried the unflavored in OJ but you really couldn't tell it was there no grit or chalky taste at all!

Thanks for all the recommendations and tips!!!!

I drink the nectar Protein Drinks, the chocolate & Cappuccino with milk aren't bad and the iced tea mixed with Water is pretty good

Best tasting one by far is the special k choc one. But it only have like 10g of protine. The GNC brand isn't so bad either.

I drank a ton of Boost with Protein and it was my favorite. Of course, I only used it for the healing stages and moved on to solid foods as soon as I could.

I bought Unjury from Unjury.com, I have the Vanilla, strawberry and unflavor to use with crystal light. I really like them a lot. I blend one scoop of power Protein with 8oz of skim plus milk with some ice and it tasted yummy..

I bought unjury from Unjury.com, I have the vanilla, strawberry and unflavor to use with crystal light. I really like them a lot. I blend one scoop of power Protein with 8oz of skim plus milk with some ice and it tasted yummy..

Have you tried the chicken broth one? I'm trying to find someone that's tried that because I though it would a good boost to Soup and stuff and give me some added Protein when I'm doing full liquids and Clear Liquids.

I use the chicken broth from Unjury it tastes good but make sure to use Water that is not to hot as the powder clumps up really bad!