Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banders In The Uk

Hey, are there any people on here from the UK? I was banded yesterday, still feeling woozy and sore but calm and positive.

Thanks

(29/Female)

I live in Wales. I was banded almost 5 weeks ago.

Hi. I'm Chris.Banded 6wks 1 day ago at Bromsgrove. :)

Congrats!! You're on your journey to the new you xx

Hi Iam Gillian banded 9 weeks ago in Scotland, Dundee good luck hope you feel better tomorrow x

Good to see some Brits on here. Was banded through The Hospital Group, was very impressed. Have you has your first fill yet? I'm Feel very gassy this evening but it's not...err... Escaping anywhere!

I was banded through Healthier Weight. I am hoping to get my first fill on June 1st. I was banded on April 15 in Birmingham. My doctor is great and I get lots of support. I think I was gassy till about a week ago. Now I just burp all the time when I eat or drink. I don't feel like I have any restriction now since the past two days I have been able to eat anything. When I had the gas pains in my shoulders I found a heating pad worked great and drank lots of peppermint squash warm and peppermint tea. I also walked frm the first day of surgery. I am now up to 5 miles plus each day and I know that has helped me heal. Lets keep in touch.

I went to The Hospital Group for my surgery. I had 4mls put in at the time of surgery( apparently just something my surgeon does). I went for my first fill 5weeks and 2 days after(5th May). Nurse checked and my 4mls had gone down to 3 1/2(she said it sometimes happens) and then she gave me 1ml. I am scheduled for another fill on 31st May but am coping well and losing ok so it will be small if at all I think:)

Great to hear from you all. Lovely to hear that everyone is on the mend. My BMI was 58 so I'm trying to build up my fitness. Still quite dizzy and unsteady on my feet.

Did anyone get it done through the NHS? I was rejected 3 times!

Gem

No I haven't even notified my GP yet and it has been 5 weeks. I was private pay. I just got a call from the nurse at HW to check on how I was doing. We went over what I was and wasn't eating. She said only to eat till you feel full and not to worry about if I have taken in entire meal. I still have enough calories in my fat reserves to stop me from going into starvation mode. That was good to know since I am usually full after three mouthfuls of food. I can't wait to get the all clear so I can work out on the weight machine. Need to work on my flabby arms, tummy and thighs. One more week and it will be 6 post op. I can already see a difference in my clothes and can't wait for the first two stone to be gone....only 7 more pounds. I still get tired through the day but I know it is all part of the lack of food and the healing. Oh and she also said that my burping could be that I have eaten too quickly and too much so will slow down and listen to my body. My problem is that I am a great cook and I love the taste of food so hard to stop at 3 mouthfuls...then again....that is what got me here in the first place. I will just saver the smaller portions...LOL! Let me know how you are feeling Quackerz.

Sal, you should not be full on 3 mouthfulls. You can not get all your nutrition in that amount of food. You should be able to eat 3 oz of solid Protein (at 5 weeks I'm guessing you are on solids) and some veggies. That is a lot more than 3 bites. Did you doctor put in any fill during surgery? I read alot on these boards where people think the band means only being able to eat a couple bites but that is NOT what my doctor recommends.

People whose bands are so tight they can't eat solids end of relying on liquid calories which in the end causes them to gain weight (becaus the liquids are reallly high in calories).

I'm from the UK but live in Austria and was banded in Germany 11 months ago.

Very happy so far but need to refocus and kick start my weight loss to get the last 21 pounds off, after a long period of not losing anything, so have just started the Dukan Diet..........tricky but definatly working and not hungry at all.

Good luck in your journey to a new you!

I haven't had a fill yet but still not able to eat much at one time. I am eating my Protein first though...try to get as much down as I can but just not hungry after a few spoon fulls. I did have a couple of days last week when I thought I could eat a horse but that seems to have gone away. I see my doc in two weeks and will go over things then.