Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do they know what causes it to flip?

they don't know why it flipped. I just woke up in pain on Saturday, so something must have happened during the night. I think i was dreaming that I was fighting zombies....it looks like they won! :P

the doctor said it happens to 1 out of about every 100 patients and there is nothing to prevent it. they just have to go in, flip it, and stitch it back up.

they don't know why it flipped. I just woke up in pain on Saturday' date=' so something must have happened during the night. I think i was dreaming that I was fighting zombies....it looks like they won! :P

the doctor said it happens to 1 out of about every 100 patients and there is nothing to prevent it. they just have to go in, flip it, and stitch it back up.[/quote']

Lmao @ fighting zombies! Glad they have to do Anything major...

It seems like a lot of you have Fluid in your band already. Mine is unfilled. My surgeon really emphasized I not focus on weight loss the first 6 weeks, just eat when i am hungry, try to eat mostly healthy but dont try to go extreme. I am starting to feel kinda hungry every few hours but not bad. I feel gassy and kinda bloated every time I drink. Today I am able to be up and about for short periods of time, and my pain is A LOT better. Yay!

Does anyone else find the pain is the worst at night and early morning?

@bbbanded SO happy everything went smoothly! It's over quick. when you get queasy that feeling don't try to push yourself. Did they give you meds for it? Is it when you stand up/walk, or constant? It eases up after first two days but I know it's hard :(

@banded_moroccan I think that's normal for some because these Clear Liquids have barely any cals. If you can, sip tiny amounts all day. I'm having a hard time doing it too. I feel stuffed soo easily and I'm scared to overdo it and vomit.

@MandaElaine I had same fear. I am the most anxious person I know.. But it's odd how this calm comes over you after you're prepped (IV/heparin/gown etc). It felt out of body. You have put so much thought into this and have nothing to fear. take deep breaths, pray and then it's over. I don't even remember them putting the breathing mask over me or counting down. I was OUT!

they gave me a patch behind my ear for it but it went away now.

All I have now is a bit of soreness and my back hurts a bit. Still no more than pain lvel of 7 since the hospital. although when the percocet wore off yesterday my chest started to hurt

It's a mental challenge. I had surgery on April 11. I don't think I know anyone that wants to fail. I never 2nd guessed myself yet wondered why I didn't do it 4 years ago. I have to remind myself that my eyes are still bigger than my stomach. I am scheduled for my first fill on May 24th. I can't wait cause I'm ready for my challenges.

All went great!! I'm sitting here at the computer desk typing this as we speak. The pain level is about a 6 if that along with the gas. It's not really pain that im having not sure what to cll it but it okay. My gas seems to be under the ribs and litle in my left shoulder. No regrets at all!!! **Happy dance** I got banded.....I got banded!! If anyone has any question about anything just send me a message I have a hard time finding them on here and especially on my droid. lol Oh and I have the best husband in the whole wide world!! Be blessed Tammy

Glad to hear you are doing well! I have one of those great husbands too. He will be so glad when I'm off the preop diet and he can eat in front of me again.

wednesday is my day..so caught up in all this as this is a revision lap band from a 2000 gastric bypass and of course the last resort...this is it...no room for failure or anything...not that I feel that I did anything to fail..one of those bypass people whose pouch stretched with time just because it did soooooo here I am after gaining almost 60 pounds back and nothing woulde remedy it..just like before the bypass...non existent metabolism...thyroid on a respirator..lol...oh well..please dear G-d let this be it....fills and healthy food...scared of the pain you all are talking about as I was told it was nominal for the most part...anyone banded who didnt have too many difficulties? Yeah...Wednesday...my future...my life.....

wednesday is my day..so caught up in all this as this is a revision lap band from a 2000 gastric bypass and of course the last resort...this is it...no room for failure or anything...not that I feel that I did anything to fail..one of those bypass people whose pouch stretched with time just because it did soooooo here I am after gaining almost 60 pounds back and nothing woulde remedy it..just like before the bypass...non existent metabolism...thyroid on a respirator..lol...oh well..please dear G-d let this be it....fills and healthy food...scared of the pain you all are talking about as I was told it was nominal for the most part...anyone banded who didnt have too many difficulties? Yeah...Wednesday...my future...my life.....

I was just banded monday so im a beginner also.You will be ok! You have under active thryroid too? This is how I gained all this weight!

Sent from my iPad using LapBandTalk

I was just banded monday so im a beginner also.You will be ok! You have under active thryroid too? This is how I gained all this weight!

Sent from my iPad using LapBandTalk

Yes my thyroid doesn't help the situation..I taqke high doses of synthroid at least I am not tired anymore..just chubby and alert..lol...I am a bit freaked but nothing major..I know it will all be fine its just getting there you know?

Tomorrow is the big day! Slightly nervous but more excited than anything. I have such a peace inside that this is absolutely the right thing to do. Seeing and hearing all the success stories on here really keeps me focused and motivated. Clear Liquids only today- I'm certainly not missing the various flavors of canned chalk I've been drinking for the last two weeks,although I have been liking the scale lately.

To the May 14th bandmates: @Jackie's girl, @Devans, @Caramel*99, @Candtwalker

Are you ready???? :)

Tomorrow is the big day! Slightly nervous but more excited than anything. I have such a peace inside that this is absolutely the right thing to do. Seeing and hearing all the success stories on here really keeps me focused and motivated. Clear liquids only today- I'm certainly not missing the various flavors of canned chalk I've been drinking for the last two weeks,although I have been liking the scale lately.

Are you ready???? :)

I had my surgery Friday and I pray yours goes just as smoothly as mine.

Thanks tamg! How are you feeling today? Have you started mushies yet?

Thanks tamg! How are you feeling today? Have you started mushies yet?

I'm feeling better today. I've chosen to stop pain pills today to to they make me so tired and I'm struggling to get my fluids in. Really the only discomfort I have is where my port is. I do have some gas bit that wasn't that bad either. Yesterday was probably my worst day if you could call it.the worst. Lol. I have to do liquids for the next two weeks than I can start mushy. I haven't been hunger at all since my surgery. My husband even made sausage yesterday and it didn't bother me a bit. Of you have any questions justnaske and please keep me updated on yours. Tammy

Tomorrow is the big day! Slightly nervous but more excited than anything. I have such a peace inside that this is absolutely the right thing to do. Seeing and hearing all the success stories on here really keeps me focused and motivated. Clear liquids only today- I'm certainly not missing the various flavors of canned chalk I've been drinking for the last two weeks' date='although I have been liking the scale lately.

Are you ready???? :)[/quote']

I'm soo ready! I don't feel nervous @ all...right now anyway...like you I have a peace about me as well...i'm soo excited to start this new chapter of my life!

I resorted to sleeping in my living room since Friday, I was finally able to get up from the couch in less than 5 minutes this morning. They repaired a hiatal hernia so I'm assuming that's why there's so much pain in my upper abdomen. I can't tell where my stomach is haha as odd as it is to say, but there's a pain in the lower right side and in the middle on the right side. Taking deep breathes slowly now. Still sore but not taking the meds until I notice I can't take a single deep breath. Had a few popsicles today, my moms making cream of wheat for me for Breakfast. Back to work tomorrow, hopefully I'm walking a little faster by then.