Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi I'm new on here and I just got my lap band done on April 5' date=' 2012. I must say the gas pains were the very worst. I'm wondering what else I'm in store fore.

[/quote']

Hi iKlover, I also was banded on 5th. Gas had been painful but I'm hoping it will diminish. Bruising starting to show!

when I first decided to do this I was nervous too but I have tried all diets and nothing has worked so I know this is my best chance to get healthy again.

I worry about getting enough nutrients but will let the nutritionist help me. I heard the gas is the worst part of the whole process.

Hi michele39 I will also be having mine done on May 2. Lets do this together! I think we all have had those thoughts some time or another. :( But now we are going to have a tool to help us along the way and we will succeed! :D Since we are both having surgery on the same day let's be buddies. :rolleyes:

Your May Bandster Buddy!

Debbie :D

Mdfinch I would love that!! Thank you

Hey Michele39 sorry I have not been on lately. Well did you start your liquid diet yet? I started mine on April 18th. I also had all my pre surgery test done on April 18th also. The liquid diet has not been to bad for me. How about you ?how is your liquid diet been going?

Hi May Banders. I am also scheduled for May 2nd in NY. It is coming fast. This time next week I will be in my car on the way to the hospital.

I have the same fear of failing. My Doctor's office told me to make a list of the 25 reasons why I'm doing the surgery. You have to look at every day and renew why you are doing it.

Good luck. I'll see you on the banded side. Please post how your surgery went and I will do the same.

Hi May Banders. I am also scheduled for May 2nd in NY. It is coming fast. This time next week I will be in my car on the way to the hospital.

I have the same fear of failing. My Doctor's office told me to make a list of the 25 reasons why I'm doing the surgery. You have to look at every day and renew why you are doing it.

Good luck. I'll see you on the banded side. Please post how your surgery went and I will do the same.

I love the idea of 25 reasons. i do have a vision list for why I am doing this surgery and what I want to get from it, but it has no where near 25 things on it. Great idea!

Hi everyone,

My surgery is scheduled for May 15th and I am seeing the nutritionist this Friday. Good luck to everyone !

Michele39, I also live in Connecticut so if you ever need a buddy then send me a message ! :)

Hi I'm booked in for my operation on 5th May - getting nervous now but so glad I found this site and can share with others! Good luck to everyone and I look forward to chatting more :-)

Hi all..I should be having my surgery on the 24th of May. I have to lose weight before the surgery and have 28 lbs to go before my weigh in on the 8th! Then they said that they will firm the date for me. I like a lot of you have heard about the gas pains but I really dont care. It cant be as bad as labor and delivery ..lol Some of have had kids so we will get through it I am sure. I am just scared period. Never had a surgery in my life and this will be my first one!

I am very excited about the whole thing and look forward to living the rest of my life in a more size proportionate body!! Hahah..>Did you like dem fancy words? :blink:

I will be checking in here to follow everyone and see how we all do as a group. We have been tough on ourselves for so long with the extra weight..the surgery will be eezy peezy.. B)

Hi May bandsters, I just found out my surgery will be May 22!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am thrilled! I have will start my liquid diet May 12th! I feel now like I belong here!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi May bandsters, I just found out my surgery will be May 22!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am thrilled! I have will start my liquid diet May 12th! I feel now like I belong here!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is great news!!

Hi all..I should be having my surgery on the 24th of May. I have to lose weight before the surgery and have 28 lbs to go before my weigh in on the 8th! Then they said that they will firm the date for me. I like a lot of you have heard about the gas pains but I really dont care. It cant be as bad as labor and delivery ..lol Some of have had kids so we will get through it I am sure. I am just scared period. Never had a surgery in my life and this will be my first one!

I am very excited about the whole thing and look forward to living the rest of my life in a more size proportionate body!! Hahah..>Did you like dem fancy words? :blink:

I will be checking in here to follow everyone and see how we all do as a group. We have been tough on ourselves for so long with the extra weight..the surgery will be eezy peezy.. B)

That is so true if we can do Labor we can do this

May 15th surgery date. Good luck everyone :)