Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have no trouble with pickles. I don't eat them much anymore because of the salt content. My Nut. actually recommended them as a good snack because they are so low in calorie.

Are you on solids now? If so I recommend romaine lettuce leaves as a substitute for bread. Put the meat down the spine and fold the leaf over to make a wrap. Did you have mindfull eatting sessions with a therapist pre surgery? I learned in those sessions that crunchy processed carbs are my trigger foods. You mentioned toasted bread (which for me would include butter), chips, pickes; first thing I though of was the fat, calories and salt. My though would be that you should try cutting that relationship with processed carbs and try replaceing them with healthier versions.

I did the lettuce leaves with chicken and onions, instead of tortilla shells for fajitas! It was so good! That is a great idea. I actually went out and bought some celery. I totally forgot about celery in chicken and tuna salad. That should give me just the crunch I need! Thanks everyone!

Just be care with celery it is hard to digest and it is stringing.

This might sound silly, and it's only good if you enjoy green onions (crunchy!). Green onion ham wraps!! I've been taking about 4 of these as my lunch. I'm in an office and don't have to breath on people. ;)

Green onion, deli ham and fat free cream cheese.

cream cheese (2 tblsp) = 30 calories, 4 Proteins

ham (Healthy Ones brand) = 60 calories, 10 Proteins (per 6 slices) I put 3 on an onion

I'll see if I can find a recipe if you're not sure what they are.

Kinda looks like this: http://allrecipes.co...en-onion-wraps/

So if I have 4 of these it's ~25 g protein!

If one thing i learned it is everyone is different. Some days i can get 1/2 a piece of toast. I can get down 3-4 crackers and thats my limit. I love the canned chicken.< /p>

I suggestion is try it at home first.

Good luck

Wendy

Good Morning!

Today I am finally able to chew food!! I am having ground been in gravy for lunch, and I couldn't be happier. I am trying to broaden my food choices, so I bought some tuna and canned chicken breast. However, I always so used to eating it on a toasted sandwich with pickles and chips inside for crunch. I am one of those people that need my food to crunch. I obviousley can't do the toast and chips, but do you think I could put the tuna or chicken on a cracker? I know people have said crackers and bread are hard to eat after banding, but I figured if I only gave myself like 4 crackers, and really chewed it to mush, how that would be. Any thoughts?

ive read the odd quote where crackers can be eaten. i guess the only way you will know how well you tolerate it is to try it for yourself. i will be trying various things out for myself when im done. we are all different.

I usually find crunchy things like crackers or crisps are good. You could use melba rounds or ryvita too. Toast I can do sometimes, but usually only later in the day. Doughy breads are out, and so are wraps (bye, Subway! :( ) I too love pickles, but have problems sometimes.

I usually find crunchy things like crackers or crisps are good. You could use melba rounds or ryvita too. Toast I can do sometimes, but usually only later in the day. Doughy breads are out, and so are wraps (bye, Subway! :( ) I too love pickles, but have problems sometimes.

I am not the only one with pickle problems!! So nice to know!

This might sound silly, and it's only good if you enjoy green onions (crunchy!). Green onion ham wraps!! I've been taking about 4 of these as my lunch. I'm in an office and don't have to breath on people. ;)

Green onion, deli ham and fat free cream cheese.

cream cheese (2 tblsp) = 30 calories, 4 Proteins

ham (Healthy Ones brand) = 60 calories, 10 Proteins (per 6 slices) I put 3 on an onion

I'll see if I can find a recipe if you're not sure what they are.

Kinda looks like this: http://allrecipes.co...en-onion-wraps/

So if I have 4 of these it's ~25 g protein!

This sounds delicious! I am defintely trying this next week!