Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gonna Be Banded In March:-)

Hello im Scott and im scheduled to have Surgery on March 28. Please let me know what is the best kind of Protein shake/drink to have. I would like to talk to someone personally who has had the procedure recently. I have a few questions.

Hi Scott! I have found the easiest shake is one from costco called Premier Nutrition. It comes in chocolate and vanilla (not a fan of the vanilla) and has low carbs/low fat and high Protein (30g). Cost is approx 18 pre-mixed for $25.

Welcome! I will be banded 10 days after you. I have found so much helpful information and support here. I find myself checking it quite often. Especially when I am feeling weak, which right now since I know I am having the surgery and my life and habits are changing is quite often. We started a group called Springers. It's a group of us who are having surgery in March, April, and May. New group but growing. I will attempt to send you an invite, though if you search the group section for Springers you will find it :)

smmrsue can you add me please? im using the name "Pat Chesterman". thanks so much... i had to do another email addy. judych

Judych, I understand COMPLETELY! I always tell people is a vicious cycle, you eat because you are sad and you are sad because you are overweight (at least for some of us). I think my greatest challenge will be to give up eating out my emotions. All I want is to not be hungry anymore, that I am not physically able to eat so much, and I hope the band will help me with that. They just moved my surgery for the 23 but still im excited.

Didi

im so glad that you are excited about it . now you have a date it will come around quickly for you. do you have any more appointments that you have to keep beforehand? keep us posted on it all right up to and afterwoods, wont you. Im feeling louzy today. absolutely. not banded yet but feeling really flat. not well at all actually. i had about six different appointments that i had to try and get on one day if possible by phone this morning.. do you think that i could do it?? one appointment i said that i was very close to cancelling the whole thing. Thats how i felt. we have to travel just so far and we arent young anymore, but they dont care a jot about all that. Anyway, ive got on appointment down to a phone interview next tuesday which is good. i still have to go to the city on friday this week, three hours travel all up... again on the following monday, and then up thursday for the op and home friday. as well as , i have to travel again to the city 12 days after the surgery. i think its getting to me right now. anyway, thats my rant for the day. it seems that my hubbie is less concerned about it all than i am. lol. normally he is angry about a lot of travelling but not so this time. in fact he has been really good about it all. Just as well, i need him to be supportive as much as possible.

also... ive got a new Facebook account today, after a lot of stuffing around.. and i would love to join the springers. if someone could include me please?? my email addy is newstar201243@yahoo.com.au and my username is JUDYCH1946. it would be great. ive had so many problems with it... im not all that good with computers. not this side of computing anyway. Could someone send me an invite please?? i would appreciate it. For privacy sake i dont want my main facebook page to be associated with the forum. none of my family or friends know about the surgery. 'bye for now judych

smmrsue can you add me please? im using the name "Pat Chesterman". thanks so much... i had to do another email addy. judych

cancel this one please... the server is incompatible with the forum apparently... darn it. anyway, ive sent another email address asking is someone can invite me into springers... hugs everyone. judy

Judych,

What you are feeling is normal. All the anxiety from it all, you just want it to be done with, I understand. For me it has been a little easier with the driving and all and the appointment have been few which in a way worry me. At least in your case they are making ultra sure that you are in the best shape for this procedure. My greatest challenge right now is stop smoking. I im down to 1 cigarrette a day and next week ZERO! Tuesday I start my preop liquid diet and well we will see how that goes. I have been having dreams about me being thin already lmao! Funny how your mind plays tricks with you. The good thing is that in my dreams I am happy, I think of that as a positive message. Sooooo, keep the enthusiasm up and be positive. Try to walk or exercise a little to decompress from all anxiety. I practice yoga, amazingly enough, I dont do all the poses because Im overweight but Itry and it helps my with stress and anxiety. I also dance zumba =D

Keep it up you are almos there!

I am getting banded on March 20th, 7:30 AM. I am extremely excited and ready for next Tuesday to be here :)

I know if we set our minds to it, we will all get to where we want to go.

BTW, what is the springers on Facebook? ???? LEt me know guys, would love the support and sharing of stories :)

Can I get an invite to the group?

Judych,

What you are feeling is normal. All the anxiety from it all, you just want it to be done with, I understand. For me it has been a little easier with the driving and all and the appointment have been few which in a way worry me. At least in your case they are making ultra sure that you are in the best shape for this procedure. My greatest challenge right now is stop smoking. I im down to 1 cigarrette a day and next week ZERO! Tuesday I start my preop liquid diet and well we will see how that goes. I have been having dreams about me being thin already lmao! Funny how your mind plays tricks with you. The good thing is that in my dreams I am happy, I think of that as a positive message. Sooooo, keep the enthusiasm up and be positive. Try to walk or exercise a little to decompress from all anxiety. I practice yoga, amazingly enough, I dont do all the poses because Im overweight but Itry and it helps my with stress and anxiety. I also dance zumba =D

Keep it up you are almos there!

hi there didixo... what a wonderful effort, giving up the cigs like that. you will do it. ive been there many years ago, and havent looked back at all. i agree that exercise is great to help alleviate stress. its hard for me to do any extra walking at the moment. im waiting for healing post op so i can start swimming again. but, i can sit and have a quiet time every day. i do know how to still my thoughts and emotions by doing that. ive been so distracted lately that i havent been doing that. im so pleased to hear how well the yoga agrees with you. keep it up.

hi there didixo... what a wonderful effort, giving up the cigs like that. you will do it. ive been there many years ago, and havent looked back at all. i agree that exercise is great to help alleviate stress. its hard for me to do any extra walking at the moment. im waiting for healing post op so i can start swimming again. but, i can sit and have a quiet time every day. i do know how to still my thoughts and emotions by doing that. ive been so distracted lately that i havent been doing that. im so pleased to hear how well the yoga agrees with you. keep it up.

more on this.. sorry.. lol. i agree about the dr and staff making doubly sure before surgery. it is comforting to know that they are being entirely professional . thats for my benefit in the long run. im wondering what they can do to stop me vomiting in the early stages after surgery. thats been a biggie the last few surgeries ive had.

Hi, I'm getting bandedon 3/30. I've been looking for a good support group for awhile now. I'll also check into the sprigers group. Good Luck to everyone.

Hi, I'm getting bandedon 3/30. I've been looking for a good support group for awhile now. I'll also check into the sprigers group. Good Luck to everyone.

Hey DerbyDonna! Congratulations! Im getting banded on the 23 =s nervous but confident this will be a great procedure and hopefully next year around this time I will be showing you my bikini photos! lol jk! But yeah lets all keep up a positive attitude towards this a poisitve mind heals faster so Im sending all those energy vibes you need, light and hapiness.

Hello im Scott and im scheduled to have Surgery on March 28. Please let me know what is the best kind of Protein shake/drink to have. I would like to talk to someone personally who has had the procedure recently. I have a few questions.

Hi, I was banded 19/08/2011 any questions feel free ask!!! :) i was taking Optifast 3 weeks prior with 2 cups of vegetables each meal (3x a day) Water, diet jelly or tea if really hungry... It really helped! Even every now and then I use Optifast Meal Replacement if I'm in a hurry... good luck!

Hi Didixo

Finally someone with my date...march 30th.....wish it was here already???°it started being really nice here in Toronto and I don't have anything that fits me from last summer...I was hoping to have some more "time" to lose some weight pre summer :)

I've been reading the most amazing, inspiring and lovey blog on line: Chronicles from band land, one girls story

It's by Catherine who was banded in 2008....she hit goal a long time ago, but I've been reading all the entries since the day before surgery....Absolutley awesome reading :)

Just thought I'd share with all :)

Hi all, I will be banded in April 5th.. Really excited and happy to have found this app off my phone so now I can ask questions and read ppl stories..