Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

For Thoses With A Surgery Date.....

my surgery date will be here very soon..3/14! i did ok on the very low carb diet preop..i wont say i did perfect though. but trying to not beat myself up over it and stay positive. i just hope my liver will be shrunk enough...getting nervous. this is such a big step but im ready for this....i just have to stay focused! prayers will be much appreciated!

Mandy good for you, just stay positive, you'll do it! Saying prayers for all the March bandsters!

I was banded on March 9th in Mexico, I lost 10 of the 12 pds they wanted me too, but they checked me all out and I was good to go, in a short amount of time I am almost down a total of 20pds so far, strict liquid diet continues but so far, not to hard to do, and you want to stick with it after because your band is still trying to form or work, so follow what they say...However ladies, I feel that this was a good decision and so far so good...Remember it can be an excellent tool for all of us!

I was banded on March 9th as well! The swelling is starting to go down and it hurts less to move. I have attempted the scales yet but maybe on Friday (1 wk). I am happy with my decision to go with the band. I had so many trying to tell me that the band wasn't for me. I am ready to prove them wrong.

Good luck to everyone!!

Mandyg, I've been wondering how everything went yesterday and how you are feeling! My surgery is a week from today and I'm so nervous. Still waiting for insurance approval so that is extra stress. Can't wait to hear from you!

weight.png

Mandyg & Yvonne74, How did it go... I was banded on March 2nd . Feeling pretty good.. How are you feeling?.. It's like 1000 sit-ups.. Hope all is well?

AFB :rolleyes:

Mandyg & Yvonne74, How did it go... I was banded on March 2nd . Feeling pretty good.. How are you feeling?.. It's like 1000 sit-ups.. Hope all is well?

AFB :rolleyes:

I had my surgery on March 9th. I had to be there by 8am and was in the OR at 9:48 am. When I woke up in the recovery room, they told me I had some troubles breathing at the beginning and end of the surgery. They said my lungs hardened like someone who was having an asthma attack. (I don't have asthma or have never been told). I had to stay overnight due to insurance. The nurses on the first shift were really nice and attentive. I can't say so much about the other shifts :rolleyes:

I am feeling better but still having gas pains and pains when I get up/down/bend. I am on day 2 of mushies. I weighed on the 13th and was down 12 pounds from Friday (-5 days out). I can't burp, can you? lol

I had my surgery on March 9th. I had to be there by 8am and was in the OR at 9:48 am. When I woke up in the recovery room, they told me I had some troubles breathing at the beginning and end of the surgery. They said my lungs hardened like someone who was having an asthma attack. (I don't have asthma or have never been told). I had to stay overnight due to insurance. The nurses on the first shift were really nice and attentive. I can't say so much about the other shifts :rolleyes:

I am feeling better but still having gas pains and pains when I get up/down/bend. I am on day 2 of mushies. I weighed on the 13th and was down 12 pounds from Friday (-5 days out). I can't burp, can you? lol

Yvonne, I really didnt have alot of pain/gas pain. But i did burp, just keep walking it will help, i no your sore feels like 1000 sit ups. What was your start weight. I was 220 and im at 203 now.. Keep in touch

AFB

AFB- I weighed in on Friday at 277. When I started this journey I was 298.

AFB- I weighed in on Friday at 277. When I started this journey I was 298.

I add you as a friend.

Thanks!

I had lapband surgery on March 19, 2012....and I am so excited that my change has finally come. I am sore and this gas won't go away, but I wouldn't change anything !!!

haute904 : My gas pain stuck around forever! Ugh!! How are you doing with your meals? Feeling full and getting your Water in??

Mandyg, I've been wondering how everything went yesterday and how you are feeling! My surgery is a week from today and I'm so nervous. Still waiting for insurance approval so that is extra stress. Can't wait to hear from you!

im doing pretty good so far! i had a small hernia that was repaired so i think that made me more sore than i wouldve been if i had just the band done. but everyday gets better...i havent had to take any pain meds in 2 days and went to my oldest child's field day today. so im doing good..im still on full liq and abt to start mushy foods next week! went out to eat today for lunch w the family and was really proud of myself...stayed focused and made good choices! im back to work on monday ( i took 2 weeks off and im glad i gave myself plenty of time to heal and focus on a good start)! i havnt got back on scale yet..i still have some upper belly swelling but plan on weighing next week when i get back to work..thanks for asking!

weight.png