Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

For Thoses With A Surgery Date.....

It's great to hear you're doing so well!! Good job!

I just got my surgery date for the 19th.... OH MY ....now everything is happening so fast ...... i was approved with in 24 hours , got to go to 2 classes tomorrow ,pre op with the doctor is on the 8th .....oh lets not to forget the liquid diet starts in the 5th ....im so nervous ohmy.png

I just got my surgery date for the 19th.... OH MY ....now everything is happening so fast ...... i was approved with in 24 hours , got to go to 2 classes tomorrow ,pre op with the doctor is on the 8th .....oh lets not to forget the liquid diet starts in the 5th ....im so nervous ohmy.png

Well maybe we can support each other. I just found out that my surgery is set for Mach 19 as well....and I even have the same pre-op date of Mach 8....I even start the diet on the 5th.....kinda of funny how that works out.

Anyway, My friend was going through this process with me, but 15 mins after a got my surgery date, she got the call that she was denied. I feel bad for her. So now I'm a little scared not to be able to experience this with someone. If you are interested in keeping up with each other you can find me on Facebook under Tina Sigmon Noel of roanoke virginia....might say salem virginia.

I have a great family, but as much as they want to help or understand, I just don't think they will completely understand what I'm going through.

I'm the 21st.....good luck ladies!!

Hello to all.....

My surgery scheduled for TODAY has been rescheduled to March 20 due to this not so lovely upper respiratory tract infection.

So... this is my official application to become a March bandster instead of a February bandster.

I am actually quite relieved to not be having surgery when I am so sick but am sure not looking forward to restarting another 10 days of full liquids!

wow, great post!! I will be banded on March 9 in Mexico..|Gosh this hit home for me too..

I have been low fat, low carb, off and on for years, always thinking this will be it, and it never was..I joined here in the middle of my yo yo attempts, back in 2006!!! Yikes!!! But this time, the papers have been signed and the check is ready to go...Do I think of failing??yes all the time, especially seeing how this is what I have been doing, this is my cycle, I get so far then something clicks and I fall off the wagon..

I am scared...I have not told alot of people because of the fear of being more judged,questioned, or lectured, and maybe even people looking to me as a role model, because emotionally, I am so far from that....This is one of the first posts in a while that made me feel normal!!! Great comments, very humbling...Looks like the next couple of weeks is going to be life changing for alot of us!!! :)

This is what concerns me the most. I lost 174 pounds between 2003 and 2004 doing Atkins. It worked very well for me but I screwed up and over the years I gained all the weight back plus an addtional 80+ pounds. Christmas of 2004 I was in Disney World with my family and I felt like I was top of the world. Fast forward to today...I am 454 pounds.

I am very nervous that I am going to lose all the weight again just to fail and gain it back. I like to think I learned from screwing up the first time but it's so fresh in my mind. I had a Support class a few weeks ago and someone said "I just want to lose the weight and forget I had to go through the surgery to do it" I don't ever want to think like that. I want to be able to reach down and feel my port. I want to see my scars daily. I want the constant reminder of where I was and where I am going and how I never want to go backwards again...

Sorry for the life story...but I am not nervous about losing weight...I am worried about gaining it back after I lose it.

P.S Jim, I did Atkins off an on, lost 40pds felt great, went to walt disney world as well, felt on top of the world, then let myself go again, and again...you are not alone!!! I too want this to be huge reminder of what brought me here..and trust me, I would rather see a life story!! Happy for all of us!!!

My date is tomorrow! Ahhh, I'm not nervous or scared at all. Excited. Got some broth and stuff tonight. Gonna drink a ton before I go to bed. I think I have till midnight. Hope I don't pee the bed lol.

Sorry for the life story...but I am not nervous about losing weight...I am worried about gaining it back after I lose it.

Many of us have similar life stories, Jim, and you said it so well. I am fairly confident that I will be able to reach my goal weight, but like you, I am most worried about gaining the weight back. And now that I have a date, I am agonizing about whether to tell people I am having WLS. Half-truths are not my style. However, I am reluctant to do so because I am most afraid of yet again one more failed weight loss attempt.

This is my first post, I'm a March 15 lapper. I'm Tina glad to meet ya'll.

I'm trying real hard with this diet 2 weeks before surgery. How is everyone else doing with it?

My understanding it's to shrink the liver so the doctor can access their area better. So what happens if I fail?

I haven't failed miserably just a slight fail.

Obviously dieting is a problem.

Nice to meet you Tina......I'm Tina too!!!haha

I official start my pre-op tomorrow...well actually today (since it is after midnight). I have doing it the last few days just to try out the Protein power and stuff. Wasn't too bad, might be a different story 10days from now.

It's important to stay on your diet. You wan that liver nice and small for surgery. If its enlarged it is more likely to lacerate. If you absolutely know you are going to cheat, then make sure you do so wisely. Stay away from the carbs!!! just eat a small amount of lean Protein. or extra low carb veggies

you can do this!!Your mind is just self sabbotaging you!!

I know it was a threat to keep me in check, but my surgeon told me that if he sees that one of his patients liver was enlarged , he wouldn't do the surgery. He wasn't messing his prefect record up because patients won't follow the rules.

thanks Tina 2 for encouraging words. I haven't messed up the diet yet too bad but also haven't strictly done it either. I will use your advice of "they won't do the surgery if I don't shrink my liver".

I have 10 more days, all my weight loss diets have been hard the first couple of days, maybe it will be easier in a few more days.

thanks again.

My liquid diet did start today too . I know its not going to be the easiest i have ever done, but others have done it so we can do it too. My doctor said , if we dont follow the diet he will not do the surgery , so i will try my best not to cheat ....

I'm getting banded on March 20th!!! Start Pre-Op on tomorrow.

Hi All! Glad to know what I'm feeling about the surgery is normal. My date is March 22. Started the pre-op yesterday...it sucks! Have second guessed myself hundreds of times and still worry this isn't for me. Had all my labs, EKG, and chest x-ray done 3/6 and should hear back from the insurance company TODAY! Good luck to all of you. Can't wait to join you on the journey to becoming healthy!