Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where Is Your Port? And A Question About Gas.

I had my surgery on Friday and when I woke up I was suprised at where my port is. Its directly under my left breast??? It seems like I might not be able to wear a bra for awhile! I never got to see my surgeon after surgery. They had the doc on call come and discharge me, but when I asked him why it was placed there he said he wasnt sure. Is this normal placement? I had just assumed it would be lower in my abdomen area..not so high.

Also, Im 3 days out and the gas is killing me. Not passing a lot. It feels like its stuck in my chest and under my ribs. If I could just belch Id feel great. Ive walked holes in my slippers and its not helping. I got some Maalox anti-gas and thats not working either..any suggestions?

I took Gas X and it helped along with walking and laying on my right side. my port is on my left side but not right under my breast, closer to my belly button. Hang in there.

Just how low are your boobs? :) Just kidding. Mine is about a few inches below my left breast but I have no problem wearing an underwire bra.

Gas x strips haver worked really well for me. I have had no problem passing gas, much to my husbands dismay.

my port is on the left side by my ribs.

I wanted all of my scars below my belly button so when I have a Tummy Tuck later they will all be gone, so mine is right beside my belly button on the right.

Mine is pretty high, kind of between my breasts. Never effected me wearing a bra. For the gas - The walking and gas x never worked for me. I used pain killers and a heating pad. That was the only things that helped some. Good Luck!!

My port is centered about 2 inches above my belly button.

I thankfully never has a problem with the gas. Hope you get quick relief.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 2 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches