Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any "bucket List" Items Added Once You Get Your Weight Down

Ive never had a huge problem w doing stuff, I was over weight yet more in shape then some. My reason for surgery was yes loose weight that I didnt think I would be able to n second to help lessen my back pain. I have many things wrong w my back n less weight I know would help. So mine is pain free or a whole lot less, n being able to clean my car w out wanting to die from the pain would be great. Pain has gotten better too. But this lapband journey is no joke.

1. The Tough Mudder event. That's in October

2. Hang out at a beach/pool without peoplwnwishingnidnput a shirt on.

3. Go on a elk hunt in the Rockies

4. Run a marathon, well at least a half marathon.

5. Be a mentor to those that need help in this journey.

None of these in any particularmordernexcept #1. That date is set.

...get a smaller bucket!!!!

HAR!!!

OK.....it IS a surprise discovering there are whole stores that don't even HAVE XXXXL sizes!

There's a bunch of stuff on my own journey that I posted long ago but will not revisit....

It is nice to be able to pick up the soap if you drop it in the shower.

And I'm getting used to eating "only 1" normo sized meal (with take-home) when going to restaurant. It almost seems 'normal' now to expect that 'almost 1' sandwich really IS plenty....and that I can reliably not be hungry again for hours.

I can do a lot of physical stuff once again....extensive outdoor home chores are pleasurable a lot of the time. Stacking firewood, cutting brush, gardening, building fence, a lot of around home stuff a rural lifestyle demands.

I even take a walk now & then.

1: Sit in a booth at a restaurant

2: Do a pullup

3: Dunk on somebody (I'm not a huge basketball fan/player, but I've always wanted to do this)

4: Take a jog around the neighborhood without feeling self-conscience

5: Be shirtless in random places ("oh, I spilled my drink on my shirt...better take it off!" lol)

To look at myself and like what I see. To buy clothes made for my age, go to the gym in nice workout clothes rather than a thirst ans sweats.

***not be embarrassed to be 'the fat mom' when I go to school functions for my kids

***be able to buy cute clothes with no 'X's in the size

***enjoy going on bike rides with my kids

***feel sexy on the back of our Harley

And the one above all else is be a good roll model for my children!!

Kaye1229...

You sound just like me. I have been lucky enough to be able to do just about anything despite my weight. I am a lower BMI individual, as well. I also had the surgery for back problems. I have mild arthritis at my s5 vertebra and know that getting theweight off will help lessen episodes of pinched nerves. I am an apple shape, so all of my extra weight is in my torso. That is a lot of weight bearing down onto my lower back. In short, I really look forward to less back pain. I also look forward to having breast reduction surgery ( Dr. Says I am too heavy right now). Once I have the reduction.... I look forward to buying a " normal" bra and being able to buy shirts with buttons and shirts made of fabric that doesn't stretch ( I.e. not t- shirt fabric). Sounds sort of stupid, doesn't it?

1. The Tough Mudder event. That's in October

2. Hang out at a beach/pool without peoplwnwishingnidnput a shirt on.

3. Go on a elk hunt in the Rockies

4. Run a marathon' date=' well at least a half marathon.

5. Be a mentor to those that need help in this journey.

None of these in any particularmordernexcept #1. That date is set.[/quote']

Jeff- I am ALSO doing tough mudder in October. I did it (barely) last year. I'm looking forward to really having fun and killing it this year!!

Where are you doing the muddier this year?

I had my surgery April 4, 2012 lost 55 do far and want to lose 70 more. I can't wait to:

1 swim with the dolphins

2 sit on the beach and watch my son play without being embrassed

3 run with my husband I think the last time I've actually ran was In high school and I failed the 10 minute mile test

4 get a hot Momma dress for date night and see my husbands face light up

5 buy pants that are in a regular store but I do live lane byrant they have dressed me nicely since high school but ready to say bye

6 just be more active

Where are you doing the muddier this year?

Tristate in NJ October 20

Ice skating.... Always wanted to do that!!

Run I want to be able to run with my boys!! I know I will!! I'm determined to run with them!! I have two boys 6 and 5yrs. And I've never been able to run with them!! Hopefully soon I will!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk

Buy a Sea Kayak, Backpacking trip, buy clothing from Wal-Mart that fits after I wash it.