Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I think I got some shrimp stuck while I was eating lunch at work today. I had some leftovers of shrimp alfredo. I keep pb and getting sick just the slime. I think I may have to drink the concoction my dr told me about. Lemon juice, meat tenderizer, pepsi. I need something to make me feel better, I can't stay in the bathroom at work all day.

that's the same thing I was told to do! go for it

I got somethig stuck once and foamed at the mouth for an hour very scary. need to cut up very small baby size stuff next time. I was dumb and it almost cost me a trip to the ER.

Ok I am feeling much better, after a few hours and a few trips to the bathroom I am doing much better. My lap band was really kicking my butt yesterday. So I am on liquids for today to help the swelling go down. Thanks goodness didn't have to drink the concoction my dr. told me about.

What is this ? Getting stuck week ? I got stuck yesterday on scrambled eggs - wet eggs at that..I guess I ate too fast or too big of a bite. Suffered for an hour - finally it came up ! Went to see the Dr that afternoon . I had a fill on 11/22 and he felt the band may be too tight so he took out .5 cc.OK, whatever, all I know is that I was in pain and MISERABLE ! No more eggs for me for awhile. Hope evyone is doing better now...Keep on truckin' .....

I think I got some shrimp stuck while I was eating lunch at work today. I had some leftovers of shrimp alfredo. I keep pb and getting sick just the slime. I think I may have to drink the concoction my dr told me about. Lemon juice, meat tenderizer, pepsi. I need something to make me feel better, I can't stay in the bathroom at work all day.

what did he tell you to drink

i thought no soda it would make the band slip

On the concoction he told me to put it in a little medicine cup and take the whole thing. So a little bit of a coke wont hurt. It will just be there to help whatever is stuck to dissolve.

On the concoction he told me to put it in a little medicine cup and take the whole thing. So a little bit of a coke wont hurt. It will just be there to help whatever is stuck to dissolve.

THANKS

got tip

If you're finding that you're not being able to eat things that you *know* you didn't use to have restrictions after, you might have a problem in the making.

Let me tell a little bit of my story here: Got banded in June 2009, lost about 73 pounds and then plateaued and couldn't budge it. I wanted to lose more, but after I gained some and had to re-lose it, I made my peace with where I was.

And then, two years after surgery, when I was an old pro at knowing how to avoid restrictions, I went through a very stressful time of my life, and started noticing that the lapband was putting me on a shorter and shorter leash. I had to have tiny amounts, sometimes work on even a band-friendly meal for close to an hour to eat it. Sometimes I was up until one in the morning just walking, standing, rocking back and forth, because I knew that if I went to bed with that "distressed lapband" feeling, it wouldn't go well.

What I didn't really get is that I was starting to have a pouch dilation. It all happened so gradually, I didn't really notice it until a couple weeks ago when suddenly I had an episode like TammyLee -- couldn't keep anything down, and couldn't sleep because I could feel fluids backing up when I laid down.

I had moved to a new area, away from my original band doctor, but I was lucky to get into a new one after just a day. (He told me to just sip Water every five minutes until I could get in, since the worst danger is from dehydration.)

He unfilled me completely in just a minute, and I was able to drink a couple swallows of Water -- thank God! I slowwwly worked myself back up to solid foods, and (thank God again), it looks like I'm lucky and it won't require surgery to fix the pouch.

But in the very anxious down-time I've had, I've been doing a lot of research into the problems that people have with lapbands, and I feel that my original clinic wasn't really very honest or forthcoming with me either about my chances for total weight-loss success or about the percentage of people who experience problems with the lapband. (Check out this UK site for a kind of honesty that I haven't seen on any American sites). I asked two different doctors repeatedly for information about how many people gain back all the weight they have lost with the band, and they acted as if there was no information available on the subject. I have a hard time believing that, but if so, doesn't it tell you something? If the numbers were good, you *know* they'd be part of lapband's marketing efforts.

Bottom line: If I had it to do over, I would STILL have gotten the band. I may have only lost about 70 of the 120 pounds I was hoping to lose, but it's 70 pounds I couldn't have lost without the band. So please, don't think I'm being negative.

But I think that more people ought to be aware that there are some stats indicating that 1 in 3 bandsters will have issues with it. So stay aware -- get unfilled for a while if you're seeing these kinds of changes after you've had it for a year or more. And *if* you don't have this incredible success that some people post about, don't let it get you down. A lot of the people who post here are the happy success stories; folks who failed may be beating themselves up over it and not want to post in a forum. So it might paint an unrealistic picture about what you can really expect post-surgery.

Just my thoughts.

Finally someone who has expressed a less-than desirable result of the lapband! I was originally banded in February of 2010. The surgeon who put in the band left the practice so I had to go with another surgeon. He could not find the port! After much testing, he discovered that it was flipped over. I had to go back to surgery. Once it was fixed, he filled the port, and I have had nothing but trouble ever since. I have terrbile reflux, I vomit every day. Ironically, I find that junk food is sometimes the only thing that goes down because it disolves into virtually nothing so it can pass easily into my stomach. I eat the junk food because I am soooooo hungry. I feel like I am less healthy than I have ever been. It messes with my psyche because I feel like a failure! So I have to get up the courage to go back to the doctor. I appreciate hearing your story, and I totally agree about those folks who are hesitant to post because they are not having the success that they hoped for...you have helped me! Thanks, Grace!

Finally someone who has expressed a less-than desirable result of the lapband! I was originally banded in February of 2010. The surgeon who put in the band left the practice so I had to go with another surgeon. He could not find the port! After much testing, he discovered that it was flipped over. I had to go back to surgery. Once it was fixed, he filled the port, and I have had nothing but trouble ever since. I have terrbile reflux, I vomit every day. Ironically, I find that junk food is sometimes the only thing that goes down because it disolves into virtually nothing so it can pass easily into my stomach. I eat the junk food because I am soooooo hungry. I feel like I am less healthy than I have ever been. It messes with my psyche because I feel like a failure! So I have to get up the courage to go back to the doctor. I appreciate hearing your story, and I totally agree about those folks who are hesitant to post because they are not having the success that they hoped for...you have helped me! Thanks, Grace!

I'm not as seasoned as you are (I was banded on Aug. 12th, 2011), but the symptoms you describe are classic ones for an overtight band.