Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

19 and ready to be banded

Well to introduce myself first off, I'm Anna. I'm 19 years old and ready to be banded. The struggle with my weight started when I was 6 years old and in first grade. 13 years of attempted weight loss and I find myself at a whopping 250 pounds. I'm 5'5 and I feel like a 40 year old woman carrying this weight around. I've always struggled with binge eating so my mother started putting me on diets at a very young age. At the age of 10 I was enrolled at a "shape down" program through St. Lukes hospital and shortly after put on weight watchers. I've attempted weight watchers multiple times and then been placed with various dietitians throughout my middle to high school career. For the last 7 years, I've seen 3 diffrent psychologists about my weight. The last one who is specialized in eating disorders I've stuck with for 5 years and have made the same attempts time and time again to get my weight under control. For the last two years I have gotten my binge eating under control for the most part and lost a whopping 40 pounds my first year of college........ well, I've gained it all back (not due to drinking or a bad college diet). I eat the same as a normal "fit" person and I still continue to gain more and more weight. I've seen multiple doctors and had my thyroid tested. Basically all of this babbling back ground story is to tell all of you that I'm fed up. I need something to change because I've suffered debilitating self esteem issues for as long as I can remember. I'm sick of telling myself that the body I'm with now is just temporary and that I'm going to get my act together and get this figured out. It's time to take action....... I need this help...... I can't do it on my own.

So far, I've gotten everything approved my doctors to continue with the surgery, I am now on third month of my 6 month diet for insurance. The idea of being turned down by insurance is a very possible and very scary threat to me. I need the support of people who have weathered this process before, If you have any advice and encouragement for me, I would love to hear it! :)

~I'm getting off my soap box now~

sincerely, Anna :)

Well to introduce myself first off, I'm Anna. I'm 19 years old and ready to be banded. The struggle with my weight started when I was 6 years old and in first grade. 13 years of attempted weight loss and I find myself at a whopping 250 pounds. I'm 5'5 and I feel like a 40 year old woman carrying this weight around. I've always struggled with binge eating so my mother started putting me on diets at a very young age. At the age of 10 I was enrolled at a "shape down" program through St. Lukes hospital and shortly after put on weight watchers. I've attempted weight watchers multiple times and then been placed with various dietitians throughout my middle to high school career. For the last 7 years, I've seen 3 diffrent psychologists about my weight. The last one who is specialized in eating disorders I've stuck with for 5 years and have made the same attempts time and time again to get my weight under control. For the last two years I have gotten my binge eating under control for the most part and lost a whopping 40 pounds my first year of college........ well, I've gained it all back (not due to drinking or a bad college diet). I eat the same as a normal "fit" person and I still continue to gain more and more weight. I've seen multiple doctors and had my thyroid tested. Basically all of this babbling back ground story is to tell all of you that I'm fed up. I need something to change because I've suffered debilitating self esteem issues for as long as I can remember. I'm sick of telling myself that the body I'm with now is just temporary and that I'm going to get my act together and get this figured out. It's time to take action....... I need this help...... I can't do it on my own.

So far, I've gotten everything approved my doctors to continue with the surgery, I am now on third month of my 6 month diet for insurance. The idea of being turned down by insurance is a very possible and very scary threat to me. I need the support of people who have weathered this process before, If you have any advice and encouragement for me, I would love to hear it! :)

~I'm getting off my soap box now~

sincerely, Anna :)

You are off to a good start. Keep doing what you are doing. The 3 months will go by beofre you know it. Keep educating yourself so you learn how to use this tool. It is not a magic bullet. If you work it, it will work for you. food luck and hang in there.