Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

24 hours out. Anesthesia worn off and a little discomfort. It went a lot quicker than I thought. Checked in at 630 and was out by 1045 or so. Head cleared up at 920, began drinking and walking at 1000. Slept in bed on my left side for a nap and at night with no problems. Getting up was a little tricky. I felt good enough to eat yesterday, but stuck with Water and broth. Wasn't really hungry. Biggest problem was the after effects of the foley. No one ever mentioned it or the complications associated with it. Luckily my wife is an RN so she was able to let me know what was going on. Today is DAY 1!

It sounds like you're doing great. Walk a lot and don't forget your 64oz a day. Nothing over 10 lbs for at least two weeks. Enjoy your diet.

Sounds like you had a lot better time of it then I did. Had my surgery Monday morning had to be at the surgicial center at 7:30 but they didnt get me into surgery till around 10:30 . Surgery went great but it took me almost 3 hours to come out of Anesthesia and then the naseau reered its ugly head. We didnt get to come home till almost 6 oclock . I did fairly well in the car but as soon as we got home i got sick on the front steps ( i literally felt like i was dying !) but after that passed it got a little better. I tried going without the pain meds because i was so scared about being sick again . Defintely NOT the BESt decision ! YOu need the pain meds , please TAke them . I am feeling better and better everyday but still have no appetite at all. I have been drinking Gatorade Zero and Pedialite and that is about all i can stomach . I think i might try and tackle a little Soup today and I am praying that goes well. The Gas pain i have to say is the worst of it all but lots and lots of walking and gas x really help. If i can get this to pass i think i might live ( HA! HA!) Dont regret my decision at all and this is just the beginning of a better and new life. BRing it own !!!! I keep telling myself everyday "this to shall pass ". My new motto . Hope you keep getting better and better and continue to do great. Good luck

l

24 hours out. Anesthesia worn off and a little discomfort. It went a lot quicker than I thought. Checked in at 630 and was out by 1045 or so. Head cleared up at 920, began drinking and walking at 1000. Slept in bed on my left side for a nap and at night with no problems. Getting up was a little tricky. I felt good enough to eat yesterday, but stuck with Water and broth. Wasn't really hungry. Biggest problem was the after effects of the foley. No one ever mentioned it or the complications associated with it. Luckily my wife is an RN so she was able to let me know what was going on. Today is DAY 1!

The nurses teased me that they were going to make me do a commercial for them. The anesthesia nurse said they were trying a new procedure of giving pts IV Pepcid before the surgery and then gave me Zofran before pulling my IV. I must say it worked. I started the Percocet before feeling pain and am continuing until it runs out. I just don't like pain. Glad to hear you are doing better. I was out waling aroung the court yesterday to help with the gas. My back is the worse pain right now. Like you I am not really hungry, but I would like to get a hold of a pizza Hut Pan Supreme pizza. LOL My surgeon said to go through each phase of the diet and if I do well then I can move on to the next one in 3 days. Here's to eating solid food by Thanksgiving. My first appt is the 23 which is just in time. Lots of luck to you as well.

Sounds like you had a lot better time of it then I did. Had my surgery Monday morning had to be at the surgicial center at 7:30 but they didnt get me into surgery till around 10:30 . Surgery went great but it took me almost 3 hours to come out of Anesthesia and then the naseau reered its ugly head. We didnt get to come home till almost 6 oclock . I did fairly well in the car but as soon as we got home i got sick on the front steps ( i literally felt like i was dying !) but after that passed it got a little better. I tried going without the pain meds because i was so scared about being sick again . Defintely NOT the BESt decision ! YOu need the pain meds , please TAke them . I am feeling better and better everyday but still have no appetite at all. I have been drinking Gatorade Zero and Pedialite and that is about all i can stomach . I think i might try and tackle a little Soup today and I am praying that goes well. The Gas pain i have to say is the worst of it all but lots and lots of walking and gas x really help. If i can get this to pass i think i might live ( HA! HA!) Dont regret my decision at all and this is just the beginning of a better and new life. BRing it own !!!! I keep telling myself everyday "this to shall pass ". My new motto . Hope you keep getting better and better and continue to do great. Good luck

l

lol i dont feel like eating anything either but like you i would kill for a small cheeseburger from Burger King ! Everything i think i want when i finally get it it really isnt it. I have tried the vegetable broth, chicken broth, smoothie and watered down oatmeal but nothing seem to be the fix . I guess it just takes time .Hope your recovery continues to go as well as the surgery did. You are certainly very lucky .

The nurses teased me that they were going to make me do a commercial for them. The anesthesia nurse said they were trying a new procedure of giving pts IV Pepcid before the surgery and then gave me Zofran before pulling my IV. I must say it worked. I started the Percocet before feeling pain and am continuing until it runs out. I just don't like pain. Glad to hear you are doing better. I was out waling aroung the court yesterday to help with the gas. My back is the worse pain right now. Like you I am not really hungry, but I would like to get a hold of a pizza Hut Pan Supreme pizza. LOL My surgeon said to go through each phase of the diet and if I do well then I can move on to the next one in 3 days. Here's to eating solid food by Thanksgiving. My first appt is the 23 which is just in time. Lots of luck to you as well.