Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I flipping LOVE this band!

OK seriously, this thing is saving my life. I've already lost 20 pounds and cannot believe how full this thing makes me. This is the first "diet" that I have done and am completely satisfied. It's only been a week so I am only having full liquids and that stuff fills me up! I had Soup for dinner and couldn't finish the bowl by FAR. I bet I had 10 small spoon fulls. Plus, I feel wonderful! I don't feel deprived or anyting. Yes, I wish I had more variety, but that will come as I heal. I know it probably won't always be like this, but I am enjoying every minute of it. I feel so in control of my eating. I love how little I ate, but I feel like I ate a ton.

but...if this does always work like this, I am actually going to lose weight without being obsessed with food for the first time in my life. If this is how it works, I can still have my favorite foods, but only a 1/8 of the amount and stay under my daily calories. This thing really is wonderful. I feel like nothing is off limits so I don't feel like I need something. The healthy foods don't make me feel deprived, because it's a choice not because I have to or the diet will fail like Atkins.

I am so happy with my decision. Just wanted to share!

I agree with you! I have lost 56 lbs since my surgery 6/27/11! :rolleyes:

So glad I made the Lap Band decision.

In a few weeks, you'll be able to eat almost everything. This will be your real test. Until you start getting fills, your hunger may run rampant.

some people have a hard time with it, some not. I hope you get lucky with it.

Yeah, so happy that you feel so great and your mind is in the right place!

Joan

In a few weeks, you'll be able to eat almost everything. This will be your real test. Until you start getting fills, your hunger may run rampant.

some people have a hard time with it, some not. I hope you get lucky with it.

I hope you are wrong lol...I do hope that I can eat everything, but can only eat a very small amount. That would make me the happiest. We have always been pretty healthy eaters, I would just eat enough of the food to feed a family of 4.

Oooooh Kelly, your response is music to my ears!!!!! I have type 2 diabetes and I am hungry all the time due to having to inject large amounts of insulin 3 times a day. I hope upon hope that the lap band will help me feel fuller fast and for long periods of time so I don't feel deprived and food-obsessed, which is why diets ALWAYS fail me. It's way beyond a lack of motivation or will power. I just don't want to have bypass or the sleeve, It's too invasive and PERMANENT. I hear people tell me at the support groups how they vomit all the time and can't tolerate a lot of foods anymore like they did pre-op. I have received my first denial for my lap band surgery and I'm appealing it now. Please keep us informed weekly on how the lap band is helping you with feeling full and how you are tolerating foods, getting all your Protein in and fluids, etc. Thanks.

Susan Morris

OK seriously, this thing is saving my life. I've already lost 20 pounds and cannot believe how full this thing makes me. This is the first "diet" that I have done and am completely satisfied. It's only been a week so I am only having full liquids and that stuff fills me up! I had Soup for dinner and couldn't finish the bowl by FAR. I bet I had 10 small spoon fulls. Plus, I feel wonderful! I don't feel deprived or anyting. Yes, I wish I had more variety, but that will come as I heal. I know it probably won't always be like this, but I am enjoying every minute of it. I feel so in control of my eating. I love how little I ate, but I feel like I ate a ton.

but...if this does always work like this, I am actually going to lose weight without being obsessed with food for the first time in my life. If this is how it works, I can still have my favorite foods, but only a 1/8 of the amount and stay under my daily calories. This thing really is wonderful. I feel like nothing is off limits so I don't feel like I need something. The healthy foods don't make me feel deprived, because it's a choice not because I have to or the diet will fail like Atkins.

I am so happy with my decision. Just wanted to share!

Oooooh Kelly, your response is music to my ears!!!!! I have type 2 diabetes and I am hungry all the time due to having to inject large amounts of insulin 3 times a day. I hope upon hope that the lap band will help me feel fuller fast and for long periods of time so I don't feel deprived and food-obsessed, which is why diets ALWAYS fail me. It's way beyond a lack of motivation or will power. I just don't want to have bypass or the sleeve, It's too invasive and PERMANENT. I hear people tell me at the support groups how they vomit all the time and can't tolerate a lot of foods anymore like they did pre-op. I have received my first denial for my lap band surgery and I'm appealing it now. Please keep us informed weekly on how the lap band is helping you with feeling full and how you are tolerating foods, getting all your Protein in and fluids, etc. Thanks.

Susan Morris

I will for sure! Hoping and praying your stuff comes together quickly. I am really excited about my new life.

I hope you are wrong lol...I do hope that I can eat everything, but can only eat a very small amount. That would make me the happiest. We have always been pretty healthy eaters, I would just eat enough of the food to feed a family of 4.

I haven't felt deprived yet!

Kellysue everytime I read the title of this thread it reminds me how lucky I am and makes me smile! Thanks!

Cheri

thanks for the post. Yesterday and today I have been feeling pre-op blues. My weight is the highest ever and I can't control my food intake. I have done it before so I know it's possible but I am sabotaging myself. Mentally I am lacking the willpower so I am hoping the lap band will b*tch slap me into controlling my food intake. I am not going to go through all this to not succeed!