Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My date!

hi i am getting my surgery on july 6 and my husband on aug. 17 with dr.jofee i am so excited to. my pre op diet is a little different from dr coburn i meet with the dr may 30

Congratulations to you and your husband, Loriely. I know someone who was banded by Dr. Joffe and she said he did a great job! Do you know what differences there is between Dr. Joffes and Dr. Cobourns pre-op diet is? I'm just curious, I'm in the middle of my pre-op diet now for Dr. Cobourn. Keep in touch:)

thanks cloe for replying dr.jofoee pre op is all you can eat yogurt fat free no sugar added ,light cottage cheese, sugar free Jello !%milk if we are really really hungry 1 chicken breast per day joy i don't like cottage cheese my husband does not like yogurt oh well lorilely

obviously it didn't work - can someone tell me how to add it to my posts???

Thanks for the help! Yeah I did it!!!!

thanks,

jude048

Hi Jude , Go to Main LapBand Forum, then go in FAQ thread, in there is the question, how to get a ticker. It took me a while, but it does work.

thanks Cloe,

As you can see, I got it to work! It looks like you and I are going to be close together and both Dr. C patients. I am starting my pre-op diet today - it is 4 days early - however, I know that I have a fatty liver and I am trying to do all I can to help that situation out.

I am looking forward to watching the progression we make - and you can "lean" on me for support through this journey.

Good luck - and you have done really well on your pre-op diet - keep up the good work - May 26 will be here before you know it.

Hi Loriely...I had my surgery with Dr. Joffe/Dr. Yau on 21 Apr. I'm sure it will go very smoothly for you. Good luck to both you and your hubby; it is nice that you will be able to support each other.

hi yoda thanks for writing did you have any problems with your surgery . how was your pre op you are doing good with your weight are the dr;s nice i meet them may 30 thanks loriely

hi yoda thanks for writing did you have any problems with your surgery . how was your pre op you are doing good with your weight are the dr;s nice i meet them may 30 thanks loriely

The drs and the staff at the Centre are really quite excellent. At least, in my experience. No problems with my surgery; my scars are healing sooooo nicely & I'm very pleased with them. I didn't have as much pain/gas as some people said they did. The first 2-3 days were the hardest (ie. in terms of getting up and down)...the heating pad worked well for me and I took the demerol as prescribed " before" I felt any pain for the first 2-3 days. Then I didn't need it anymore. My pre-op was difficult but I got through it...and ended up losing 16 lbs during the 2 week preop. (this made the surgery a lot easier to do as my liver was in great shape...according to D. J.) Since the surgery I have lost 11 lbs. I thought I would have lost more but from my understanding the first 6 weeks are for healing and not weight loss so I'm just going to enjoy it and keep the big overall picture in mind and try not to lose perspsective. I haven't lost anything in the last week...again, trying to keep things in perspective. I just started my pureed food on 13 May...I start solids on 27 May (though I think I'm ready for it now!!). I get my first fill on 1 Jun....I then hope to start regularly losing the 1-2 lbs a week. For the first couple of weeks afterwards, what really saved me were popsicles...I got the fat free Delmonte juice bars...YUMMY!!! and they are only "single" popsicles which were great. Best of luck to you. Let me know if you have any more questions.

wow, so many posts from 3 years ago or more. How is everyone doing? Good successes? Please come back and update if you can. I have my surgery in 11 days!

Hi,

I just had a Consultation with Dr Miller of Spa Diva Medical in Montreal. Since I have gotten a lot of usefull information from this forum, I thought I would give some back.

I live in Ottawa, I found Spa Diva through the Internet and found out that Dr Miller was an old Colleague of a Surgeon friend of mine here in Ottawa - He came highly recommended by this friend as well as my Family Dr.

I am 30yrs old, with Hypertension, Depression and lately some serious low back pain, as well as all the other pains that come with being 376lbs

Spa Diva is a really nice facility, very posh if you like that kinda thing. I do. Another plus is that it is surrounded by great shopping so your Wife or Husband can keep themselves busy during your surgery. :unsure:

The staff is very friendly and proffessional.

Dr Miller is a typical Surgeon, he is very direct and no nonsense. He did a thorough investigation of my medical history, explained the benefits of the Lap-Band® and discussed how I was a good candidate. I decided to go ahead with the Surg and booked for the 3rd of Dec. (i had decided pretty much before I got there)

I then met with the Nutritionist - very bright and informative. This is where you get most of the answers to questions you may have about what to excpect and what to eat, etc.....

The surgery cost's $16,000 - I am sure they have some type of financing if this is needed.

Pre-Op diet is X6 Boost (diabetic formula) shakes a day and one cup of vegetables. last's 14 days.

Like a lot of other people I am going to post how it went, and what happens after. If anyone has any info about Dr Miller or Spa Diva they would like to share - that would be great.