Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Life style Change when it comes to eating

Hey fellas, So I have lost 103 lbs so far and im 27lbs away from goal. I was just wondering how many people here have developed a healthy eating mentality and get upset at over weight people that stuff there face. My wife gets on me and says that a year ago that was me but what ever I just want everyone to eat healthy now. I get disgusted when I see the portions people in general eat at restaurants and cant believe I use to eat that way.

Me too.. Maybe because its looks crazy now..

Right there with ya its sad when I can take a normal menu item at any restaurant and turn it into 4 decent sized meals and eat for a week off of one item. And it is a correct portion its ridiculous what they put on your plate now a days.

When I see people eat like that I just look away and say that was me before and this is me now and I will never go back to that and keep on eating

Hi, Interesting as I really do notice how other people eat. I would not say I get upset but just amazed by the amount of food people consume. I was out with my daughter and a thin young couple next to us orders these huge meals, I mean HUGE! First of all they were both so thin I did not think their stomachs could even hold this much food but to my surprise the did! It took them some time but they both finished everything,

Also It is amazing how quickly people eat. I am now the last to finish my meal if I do finish often take part home. If

i give myself time I could eat more but usually don't

Take Care

ROSS

My two year old eats faster then me

lunch today with an old friend who ate way more than I did. And she is about a size 6 5'4".

I took 3/4 of my sandwich and the vast bulk of my 'pan baked potato chips' home with me. Made 2 more meals with it and still have some left.

Some 'good eating habits' really ARE beginning to take root in my daily habits....at long last!!!

I guess I just have to weigh in and ask for a little compassion for those who go nuts in the restaurant. Don't know about you, but it wasn't all that long ago that I would be the one staging an eating exhibition. What I've found now, like others have said, is that in a restaurant I finish my 1/2 of the serving they gave me usually after everyone else has cleared their full plate. The good side of this is my adult kids are now paying attention to their own habits. I'm not saying anything to them, lecturing, or anything else... those closest to me have seen the change and it sparks some awareness in them. When I see the large ones stacking their plates at the buffet, I just thank God that I finally stopped kidding myself and found the courage to really do something about it. I can't hate them, I WAS them, and even with a band in me, I could join them again.

Just counting my blessings is all...

I remember when some of my friends came and stay with us over the weekend they where like wow you lost a lot of weight over the next couple days they where saying how the hell you lose so much all you do is eat what's funny they didn't relized that I never finished a plate they where just focus on how many times I ate