Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

MMM....Greek Food!

I haven't been able to eat red meat in so long, I can't remember. One of my all time favorites is Lamb with Tzatziki sauce but whenever I have tried to eat it since banding it has caused me grief! I was out with friends tonight and they wanted to go to a Greek restaurant. So I thought, "OK, I'm gonna try this one more time!" I ordered my old favorite, without the pita bread and rice. Much to my delight, I was able to eat it with no problem. Granted, I didn't eat much. Brought home about 75% of it. I haven't enjoyed a meal that much in ages! I may just try to eat some of the left overs tomorrow!

Cindy -When you're craving Greek food, why don't you try browning up some ground lamb, making some tsziaki and all the fixings? If you can eat lettace, you could even do it like a taco salad, but greek style.

Actually, I have made it before. It's just not the same as having an Greek Adonis of a waiter bring it to me!;)

My first attempt at eating real food will be next weekend at the local annual Greek food festival. Because just as I reached the point that I was going to try eating real food the doctor gave me a fill, it will have been over a month since I had something other than liquids or mushies. I will just get my favorites and bring it home to split it up over several meals.

I adore greek food, particularly becuase I love lamb, and its probably the most popular red meat in Australia, we Aussies love it. I love greek flavourings but my kids call it "armpit meat", lol.

My brother in law is greek and man, does he know how to makea souvlaki - mmmmm, lamb, authentic greek pita, olives, red onion, home grown Tomato and feta topped with tzasiki, droooooooooool.

Actually, I have made it before. It's just not the same as having an Greek Adonis of a waiter bring it to me!;)

LOL. That makes alot of sense to me.