Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Please help!! Fickle band and I think I need a fill!

I need some advice.:cry

I have been banded 4 1/2 months and have had one fill of 1CC on 10/31.

I have pb'd 6 or 7 times since then (last time was yesterday on some grilled chicken) and get the painful golfball several times a week.

I eat slowly, chew a lot and take small bites like I am supposed to. In order to perpetuate my weight loss I really concentrate on lean hard Protein even though it can hurt like hell most of the time, no matter how tiny my bites are. I am exercising and keeping my caloric intake to 1000-1200 per day. But I am definitely feeling hungrier these days, and I am really having to fight it.:hungry:

My weight loss has stalled. The scale varies from weigh in to weigh in, and I have lost 30-32 pounds depending on the day. I am in Onederland which make me really happy, but have had no substantial weight loss in almost 3 weeks!!

The weird thing is that lately my restriction is a total crapshoot. I can eat two bites of tuna at 6 o'clock at night and pb, or an entire grilled chicken Caesar salad at 12 and be just fine. The type of food, time of day, etc. does not correlate to any pattern whatsoever (my time of the month, however, is a different story and a totally different thread:o )

I really want another fill to see if it will make me feel fuller and eat less, but with the pbs and golfballs I am scared. What should I do?? HELP!!

You were banded about a month before me, I am going through the same thing. I know I don't have good restriction because most of the time I can eat alot of food. But occasionally, usually on lean hard (dry) Protein, I golfball and slime, sometimes PB too. I'm sure you are going to get alot of advice about going back on liquids and all of that, but I think you should go ahead and get your fill. Eat when you can and don't when you can't. For me it's a total time of day thing. I can eat a little in the morning, alot at lunch, and not much after 7 unless I want to see it again. Try tracking when and what hurts and see if you can find a pattern. It kind of works for me...

I think you have a great question, unfortunatley, I don't have any idea why this happens. I have the same problem. Hopefully someone else can shed some light on this.

Just wanted you to know that you are not alone.

My first reaction was grilled chicken? Ack! I would suggest meats that are cooked so they are moist. Grilled chicken tends to be tough and dry. I eat tuna too but I put two tablespoons of fat free Thousand Island dressing in it so it is very moist. There have been some great crockpot recipes posted in the food forum.

I have read that the band can be very fickle. One day you may be able to tolerate a particular food and the next day not.

If you are getting hungry between meals you might need a fill. But check a few things first. Are you getting your 60 grams of Protein per day? Are you drinking 64oz of Water per day? Are you spacing your meals out too far? Are you drinking with your meals?

There is an excellent check list in the Fill Forum that you should peek at. I hope this has helped. I haven't had my first fill yet, but I've been studying like crazy to be ready for it. :cool: